Flannery sale...again....

25% off California Reserve Strips- my favorite Flannery product.

http://www.flannerybeef.com/butcher/prime-beef/dry-aged-ca-reserve/dry-aged-new-york-strip-ca.html

Order placed - thanks for the heads up!

even on sale, that’s a lot of wood.

An we just ran out of strip steaks, will order up. Need the porterhouse’s to go on sale.

And another sale

25% off CA Reserve Saratoga Rib Roast, all gift boxes and Midwestern Hanger Steak. I bit on the rib roast and will be preparing it for NYE.

My wife asked me to find a bone in prime rib for xmas and this just happened to be on sale.

I am lusting for that Saratoga roast, absolutely beautiful and first time I’ve seen it listed there, but my wife nixed the $200 hunk of meat :frowning:.

I went for the 5 lb. roast which is only $100 (plus shipping)

Considering this one as well, how many will this serve?

according to the website 3-8

roast has 3-4 ribs and each rib will serve 1-2 people.

not very helpful, I know.

I just went to check out a rib cap which I haven’t ordered for maybe 3 years. I dont remember paying Almost $60 a pound, has the price gone up considerably for that cut? Has anybody had any luck getting a local butcher to do this cut for you?

I always look for large caps on ribeyes and I got into an mild argument with a butcher the other day about its existence. Amazing to me that a guy who threw out the “I’ve been doing this 30 years” card has no clue.

I’ve gotten them from costco

Tempted but I’m not sure if I’ll be home for the holidays … ordered some CA reserve ribeyes recently for dinner while staying at my brothers and they were superb … every Flannery steak I’ve had has been a “best ever” experience.

Maybe I should plan to stay home so I can do a roast … hmmmm.

Has anyone tried a Saratoga Roast? It’s just the Prime Rib Roast with the Rib Cap (best part) removed, so I’m wondering about the flavor? Although, as I type this, I’m thinking that the large center piece of fat in most Prime Rib roasts will be removed also and this might end up being pretty darn good.

Hmmmm… anyone have opinions?

(also, the 5 lb. roast is slightly less expensive by weight than the 9 lb. - negligible, but $0.53/lb. cheaper)

I was also a little concerned about the missing rib cap but figured anything Flannery is going to be good.

Yes. Ours usually has prime grade rib cap. iIRC it’s $19 a pound. It’s really good but not fantastic.

The Flannery Saratoga prime rib was a real disappointment. I think the missing cap of fat made a huge difference, this was one of the blandest prime ribs I’ve ever had. The prime rib I get at Shop Rite is noticeably better.

Sorry to hear that Jay. You should let Bryan Flannery know of your disappointment.

Ms. Camhi is correct in that you should let Bryan know. Even he cannot bat 1.000 considering the variances in beef carcasses out there. Have to realize that even though graded USDA Prime and aged in his cave, the product can still be a dud.

He will make it right and then some.

Eh, it wasn’t bad. It was just boring and a bit tough. I took a chance and it didn’t pan out. I’d feel guilty trying to get something out of him.