First Chiptole. Then Pizza . And Now .....

Indian food. Went to one tonight (Nimbu in Bellmore, New York) and it was awesome. Big fan of Chiptole (not Moe’s). And really like Blaze Pizza (only one of the pizza build your own I have tried).
And certainly can get salads and sandwiches that way . And soup/noodle places as well.

Guess it’s the Ameican way to have it the way you want. Wonder what other types of food places lend themselves to this concept and will see in the future??

My friend is opening a pho restaurant in this vein. I think it’s gonna be gangbusters. all counter seating around basically a meat fridge with slicers.

In Midtown East, there’s a Lebanese place along those lines called Naya Express that gets incredible lines at lunchtime. Also a Greek place called (ever so creatively) Grk. And further downtown Cava Grill has just opened a branch on 4th Avenue on a block that now has about four restaurants that can be considered “the something or other Chipotle”.

Every other corner, or sometimes every corner around here has a Poke place in this style.

Jason