Lotus of Siam or Chada Thai?

For those who have experienced both recently, which would you recommend?

My 13 year old son and I will be in Vegas for a weekend in October for a soccer tournament. We will have Friday evening free. The rest of the weekend will likely be occupied by team-related activities, so we will need to choose between LOS and Chada Thai.

I have been to LOS once (7 or 8 years ago) when it was in its heyday. I had planned on making a reservation at Chada Thai, but saw the paltry wine list when looking online and wondered if the kitchen has suffered from decreased attention too?

Thoughts?

Chada.

The decline of LoS has been discussed quite a bit around here, including by me. Chada often has additional wines available that aren’t shown online. It is a small restaurant. LoS’ list isn’t what it was.

the last time i was at lotus (summer 2014) it was no better/worse than any local thai place in NYC. wine list still had tons of gems.

Chada

Chada.

Don’t forget you can BYOB to Chada.

Chada for sure.

One of the best and obtainable wine lists in Vegas - esp the whites.

Chada and I don’t think it’s close. I like everything about Chada (setting, service, food, and wine) more than Lotus.

Another vote for Chada

So…Chada then? [scratch.gif]

Thanks for the responses, all.

Is LOS not good anymore?
What happened?

We had a very good meal there a few months ago; it’s still got a HUGE wine list. But…

Now that they’ve expanded into the adjacent space, it’s a tremendously large restaurant with lots of tables. I don’t think it’s possible for them
to keep up the high quality of the food out of the kitchen when you’re pumping out that many dishes every night.

Chada, by contrast, is a relatively small restaurant where it’s easier to control what gets delivered to a much smaller number of tables.

Bruce

I’d recommend Chada Street, the second Chada, also run by Bank. The basic idea is Thai street food. It’s about a mile from Chada on Spring Mtn. The decor is much nicer and more spacious than Chada. Their wine program features a “50 for $50” list. These are not trophies but perfectly serviceable with the food. Last time we ordered a French viognier and an Alsatian gewurtz. Total tab for 4 people was around $125.

I was at Chada 3 weeks ago. Bank was not there. The wine list needs to be updated. They did not have 4 out of the first 5 bottles I chose… I did end up with a Jadot Echezeaux for $150 think a 2010. I wanted a white but the only thing left was a Coche Dury for $400. Food was good, nothing spectacular.

George

Bank is engaged and I think got married recently. That is probably the reason for his absence. I need to go to his place. I have heard it is first rate.

I still prefer LOS. Chada is good though.

Samesies.

Thread resurrection for an update. I have a 24 hour business trip to LV next month and coworkers who are up for something off-strip. I checked the LoS website, looks like they have a second location now and the first is closed for remodeling…and the 20 wine list they have posted on the website is pitiful. Is the food and list at the new location worthy of the name? I’d prefer to not check luggage, but I may have to and bring a few bottles…

We went last month. Food is still great. Very busy and the wine list is solid. I’ve been over 20 times going back 15 years. Food still delivers…

Chada and Chada Street are no more. Ate a handful of very good meals at LoS Flamingo in February and May. I spoke with Saipan a couple of times and she seems invigorated by the move.