25% off Flannery

So celebrate the upcoming Labor Day weekend with a sure-thing, and throw some of our California Reserve steaks on the grill. And if you’re in the mood to make an extra buck, you know which steaks to put your money on.

25% Off California Reserve New York Steaks
25% Off California Reserve Ribeye Steaks
25% Off California Reserve Filet Mignon

done.

Order in - thanks for the tip!

Shit there goes the budget this month LOL

Me too. My favorite thing there lately is a couple of the large strip steaks, the size of a small tri-tip, then cook it like I would a tri-tip. The larger aged shortloin tails, when available, are a very good value.

Anyone ever freeze these? Is it a crime against steak? Whenever I’ve ordered I’ve cooked these within a couple of days but the sale makes me want to buy more than a couple of steaks to offset the shipping, but I don’t want to ruin them.

I had the same concerns, but I’ve now frozen and thawed a few different varieties of their steaks with no issues. Just, of course, make sure they’re all the way thawed before you cook 'em.

Absolutely no issues with freezing

Nathan, as I live in IL and shipping these steaks is prohibitive so I tend to put larger orders in to spread the vigorish as much as I can. I freeze upon arrival and have my orders last about 90 days at a time. Every now and then I’ll find one that got lost in the freezer. Never ever had a problem with the steaks. I’d hazard a guess that the dry age has a tremendous amount to do with this as freezer damage tends to stem from ice crystals ripping the beef up a bit.

I’ve spoken to Bryan about freezing steaks. It does not change the flavor or texture at all, so you can freeze away. Just make sure they are vacuum packed, which is how Flannery sends them to you. I freeze mine as I order in larger quantities, thawing out just what I will need when the time comes.

Another testimonial for freezing being fine. Like Andy and Chris, I order in large quantities and freeze. No issues at all, even going out over a year. Bryan thinks it’s due to the extensive marbling and lower water content, which makes some sense to me. I can’t tell the difference between frozen or fresh, although I do usually cook one fresh when a new shipment arrives.

The vacuum bags the steaks come in are fairly thin (3 MIL, I think) and sometimes can have abrasions that release the seal. Those steaks will desiccate and have bad areas with long term freezing. Therefore, I have gone to vacuuming and sealing them myself in my chamber sealer with 4 MIL bags. Providing they stay cold and sealed, they should last indefinitely.

Therefore, I have gone to vacuuming and sealing them myself in my chamber sealer with 4 MIL bags.

Baller.

You should be ashamed!
You need to be reported to the Flannery Steak Protective Services for such neglect!

Is the 25% still on? Need some steaks for this week…

might check the website.

I had left a hangar steak pack left in the freezer for a year and it came out perfect.