Navigating Acorn in Denver

We are 2 work colleagues dining this week at Acorn in Denver. I think we would probably have to do 1 bottle of white (for the small plates) and something bigger (and perhaps redder) for the large proteinaceous platters based upon the published dinner menu.

Any advice in negotiating this wine list, please?
http://www.denveracorn.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/11/2016/07/Acorn-Wine-List-WK-147.pdf

Finally, any nearby great cocktail/bar spots for pre/post libation? We may arrive early and/or stay out late.

Thanks for help in advance.

Cart-Driver is less than five minutes away. Classic cocktails, inexpensive wines, nice beer. If you go post dinner they have really nice pizza too.

Williams and Graham is one of the best cocktail bars in the world. Good beer selection at terminal bar. Good cocktails and shark at colt and gray.

For wine I say the Bereche then the Muga or the Clerico Barolo depending your mood and budget.

Pricing in CO blows so I usually drink beer.

I just looked at the wine list. The pricing is 3X. I am with you, I’d have a beer.

That’s what I had thought. A minefield to the wallet. Looks like it will be beer. Somehow, bubbles will likely get ordered.
Thanks Paul, Michael, and John.

Maybe somebody that’s in the industry in Colorado can explain the pricing but it can’t just be at the retail level it must be something wrong with their distribution channels that things are getting marked up so excessively

I think it’s just Acorn.

Well, after all the prep and analyses of the wine list, menus, and location recommendations… Our flight was missed due to my last minute work schedule change and a later flight caught. A 45 minute wait for cab/uber/ anything left us with limited choices…Williams and Graham. We arrived at midnight on the nose. A very limited food menu was thankfully scrounged up by the bartenders. A lively bar with great cocktails and very friendly staff, the bar food was as expected and did the job. Thanks Paul. Acorn, Mercantile etc will have to be another time.

Thanks again for the recommendations.

thanks for the follow up! Denver has emerged in the last 5 years from wasteland to pretty awesome, so I do hope you get to check it out again sometime. Sushi Den worth a visit, if a bit out of the way.