Hong Kong: Where to Eat?

Any suggestions?

you’ll need to be more specific in all aspects.

High end, ma-pa, street food or terrific local favorites for memorable meals. The places a Berserker would seek out wine not necessarily being a priority.

Kau Kee for beef brisket noodles.

The Chairman

The are TWO Michelin starred Dim Sum houses in Kowloon. We preferred One Dim Sum.

Some of the high end hotels have more imaginative dim sum, but lack the fun of sitting with a horde of dim sum lovers mostly locals.

Only if you’re willing to wait 30 mins to an hour, and are okay sharing a table with other parties, and with brusque/efficient service.

Fu Sing is a chain for dimsum but well regarded for value and you’ll be dining with lots of locals as well.

LQV in Wanchai is well regarded wine bar to relax.

I grew up with Cantonese food (and high end canto food) so I don’t really seek it out in Hong Kong… but Mott32 is a very Modern take on Canto food and well worth visiting.

Sun King Yuen Curry Restaurant in Wanchai. for Curry rice, curry pork chop.

dai pai dong (“stalls”):
Kwun Kee for claypot rice
Tai Chung Wah

Thanks everyone I’ll report back.

For cheap and cheery Mak’s Noodle and Tim Ho Wan are great.

Yung Kee is outstanding for roast goose and pork.

Fook Lam Moon is outstanding Yum Cha.

Tim Ho Wan is excellent for Cantonese.

Mott 32 is a modern take on Cantonese and an excellent all-round restaurant.

For modern fusion food and an incredible fit out The Ocean is the rub.

A cool place for a drink and bar snack is Yardbird.

When you are ‘absolutely’d’ and need some food to soak up the booze late at night hit Little Bao.

Wife is there for 2 days. Any updated info to share?

is she staying in HK itself or Kowloon?

Is she comfortable straying far from her hotel, or prefer to find things close by?

She’s staying in Kowloon . Will venture but not the type to walk down a dark alley by herself. Likes seafood and not a beef (will eat pork) eater.

For Lunch

Tim Ho Wan or One Dim Sum are both excellent. You can dine at Tim Ho Wan in NYC now… so I would choose the other.

Spendy but awesome - Michelin 2 star.

A great way to experience Kowloon is simply to wander the shopping streets around Mong Kok. The night market, for example, is great!

On our next visit we want to check out some of the 3 star top end restaurants like this one:

We had a very good meal with lovely views at Above and Beyond in the Hotel Icon on our last visit. Some good riesling choices on the wine list as well which matched well with the food.

We were just there and our favorites were:

Little Bao: Tiny space, but fantastic inventive baos. Very friendly staff. There will be a line, but give them you name and number and they’ll call you when your turn comes. We waited at a nearby bar the first time, and on our second visit, we went and got a reflexology massage—heaven! All counter seating.

Ho Lee Fook: Yes, the name is intentional. Get there 15-20 min early for the first seating. There will be a line. Fantastic, inventive food & drinks.

Dim Sum Library: it’s in the big mall underneath the JW Marriott & Conrad. Fantastic takes on dim sum.

Ozone at the Ritz Carlton in Kowloon: The unbelievable views are worth the pricey but delicious cocktails.Get there when it opens at 5PM and get one of the balcony seats under a heat lamp and watch all of HK Harbour transform at dusk.

Duddells: I would go there for the Dim Sum brunch on Sunday. Make sure to reserve as far in advance as you can.

Thanks all.

Please report back where she went.