Wisconsin Supper Clubs

Anyone with Wisconsin or Midwestern ties might enjoy this documentary. I have no affiliation. $9.99 to stream it. Fun to watch if you have any history with the state. Lots of memories and good history lessons on old fashioned dining and drinking.

As a child we spent a lot of time going to Wisconsin and dining in supper clubs. Still gives me the warm and fuzzies. Later in life when I first brought my wife and her family up and tried to explain what a supper club was they just looked st me with glassy eyes.

Growing up I thought an old fashion and a relish tray were the first and second course.

I went to college in Madison, and dearly miss the place.

I’m a big fan of Wisconsin. It really is a beautiful state. Had a fun time before the symphony a couple of weeks ago at the Old German Beer Hall.

Who loves the House on the Rock? I think it is the best and worst thing I’ve ever experienced.

Awesome comment and so true.

Kiddie cocktails,
Pretending the little breadsticks from the cracker basket were cigars,
Surf n turf,
Vinyl bucket chairs with wheels,
Au Gratin potatoes,
Adjacent bowling alleys,
Playing dice games in the bar,
Falling asleep on the way home.

This could describe my experience growing up in Central IL as well. Well, except for vinyl chairs with wheel - ours had no wheels!!!

Here’s a little teaser clip - YouTube God o mighty look how big that hunk of prime rib is. I wonder if somewhere among all those old establishments is a really great untapped cellar?

That is a different movie than the one I linked to. Same subject though.

Set ups
Melba toast
Frogs legs
Cottage cheese with pineapple ring and maraschino cherry
Friday night fish fry

What an awesome and frightening place

OMG!

MUST WATCH! My parents are here this week - I’ll try to convince them to watch it with me

I think I recognized the remodeled Dun Rovin’ Lodge in the Video.

Cocktails to go in a plastic cup

The DVD is available for $19.95 at www.supperclubmovie.com and yes, some of these old treasures still have delightful cellars untapped by current wine drinkers, just gotta put in the highway time and hit them all.

That’s a different movie. The one I posted on is called Old Fashioned. Not to be confusing.

I’m sorry Michael, my confusion. The website looked the same.

No worries. Someone up thread already confused it. The Old Fashioned Movie is pretty good. The other one is kind of boring. I just didn’t want anyone to confuse the two.

We watched ~ 1/2 of Old Fashoined, man the volume of food!!