LA, CA. You've arrived.

champagne.gif

Now the only thing Angelenos need is a good palate:

I’ve never had the opportunity to try a Shake Shack burger, so it may well be better than In n Out’s, and I too don’t get the fries at In n Out. BUT… the In n Out Double Double is $3.60 and Shake Shack’s equivalent seems to be $8.55. Lord only knows what In n Out mighty serve up for an additional $4.95 per. In the meantime, I’m just fine with my Double Double, well-done fries, and a drink for $6.60 ($1.95 less than just the burger at Shake Shack).

BTW, my favorite SoCal fast-food burger is from Habit Burger anyway. The Santa Barbara style Charburger is $5.95 and really tasty.

The Chicken Shack and the Mushroom Burger are the best things on the menu anyway…

Man that belcampo fast burger is one delicious grass fed locally raised burger.

I liked shake shack when I had it in Vegas, i only waited about 10 minutes. Don’t think i’ll go out of my way to eat it though in west hollywood.

I went to Shake Shack once drove 45 minutes just to try it. It was a good burger and nothing more. Too salty for me but I’m salt averse. The shake was excellent. Still the hype is once again ridiculous. I’ve only had In n Out once when my SIL brought it back from Cali. That was outstanding and after a 4 hour plane ride.

Nobody I know is really stoked about Shake Shack’s arrival, partially because it’s in West LA (I’m more likely to drive to Vegas), but also because other franchises, like Halal Guys, have opened in Cali but feel more like money grabs than actual attempts to replicate prior success.

No New York circus show can top Habit Burgers (started out of Santa Barbara)!

+1 for The Habit.

The chicken shack is pretty epic and, imo, much better than the SS burgers.

And the Shackago Dog and the concretes.

Burgers are very good (In-N-Out are better IMO) but I’ve had some sub-par versions outside of NYC. Quality control seems to be an issue.

Fries are mediocre and not worth the calories but still better than In-N-Out

LOL. Exactly my thinking.

I think there’s a difference between Halal Guys and Shake shack. HG is just a franchise run by a couple of young asian guys. Shake Shack is the same as all their other shake shacks cause it’s under the same corporate umbrella, it’s not a franchise which keeps quality consistent through out the branches.

Dude Belcampo burger in Grand Central Market. The double fast burger? Awesome burger. Puts all the other burger joints in that price range to shame. $5 for single patty, $8 for double patty. All natural grass fed.

I like Habit, don’t love habit (it’s down the street from me, their fries suck). My main dislike is that it gives me the runs every time i eat there. I don’t know why.

The Habit’s veggie burger sucks and their fries aren’t great.

Isn’t that a redundant statement? neener

And you return because why??

I hate The Habit because they welched on a lease that we negotiated with them.

In n Out > Shake Shack

sometimes i really want a burger and it’s the closest thing. I punish myself all the time.

And it helps you keep that slim figure of yours.

I’ve eaten there dozens of times, in different cities, and never got the runs. Maybe stay away from the jalapeños???

I have never had a Shake Shack. So, thank you to the folks who referenced it to In n Out as a basis.

Is Fat Burger still around? I used to like them. I guess they would be my chain of choice, but it’s been a decade since I have been to one.

I’ve tried Smash Burger and was not impressed.

I am trying to think of other chains, but I’m drawing a blank.