What did you cook tonight?

Food - recipes, reviews, and discussion
Message
Author
Sarah Kirschbaum
Posts: 3287
Joined: September 20th, 2010, 11:53 am

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1451 Post by Sarah Kirschbaum » April 19th, 2020, 7:06 am

It was a 3 day morel and asparagus marathon (see my post top of last page for Capon & Morel pics). Here's yesterday's lunch: chawanmushi of asparagus custard with flash poached diver scallop and brunoise surprises buried inside, topped with super concentrated morel kuzu sauce. The pottery is antique Oribe-yaki from Seto, Japan.



Sort of ITB - my husband imports a small amount of sake and I help out

User avatar
Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 20585
Joined: July 3rd, 2010, 8:53 am
Location: Podunk CA RRV

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1452 Post by Brian Tuite » April 19th, 2020, 8:12 am

Ethan Abraham wrote:
April 18th, 2020, 4:43 pm
From a recent d'artagnan delivery, roast chicken with potatoes and their mixed mushrooms.
Looks a little sticky [wink.gif]
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

"Something so subtle only I can detect it." ~ Randy Bowman

2020 WOTY Candidates

- 2018 Once & Future Old Hill Ranch

Bdklein
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5747
Joined: November 10th, 2013, 1:16 pm

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1453 Post by Bdklein » April 19th, 2020, 5:49 pm

Fresh spinach fettuccini with sea scallops cooked in ghee.
Some steamed asparagus, marinated artichokes, capers, cooking wine , lemon juice , and chicken broth in the mix too. Yummy .
Attachments
9A0E70D6-78E8-4E27-84B1-1148C464EBE5.jpeg
C9D2F80E-93FA-45D6-A873-E409134FE447.jpeg
Bruce Klein

User avatar
Nola Palomar
BerserkerDay MVP
BerserkerDay MVP
Posts: 4635
Joined: April 19th, 2009, 2:34 am
Location: Ugijar (GRANADA) Spain and Dayton, Ohio

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1454 Post by Nola Palomar » April 19th, 2020, 8:10 pm

Tonight was Raclette for dinner!!
D8815583-9410-43CC-BE67-3D2B876EC53C.jpeg
Nola
ITB

Veleta
Bodega Dominio Buenavista
D.O.P. Granada, Spain


Juan Manuel Palomar MD - 1948-2018 Husband, Father, Surgeon, Mentor, Winery owner & Winemaker, my everything...RIP
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

User avatar
David K o l i n
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 17340
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 5:29 pm
Location: ChiIl

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1455 Post by David K o l i n » April 19th, 2020, 9:21 pm

Beautiful.

PQM burgers, roasted potatoes and green salad here. Grill was acting up with a new tank, so I’m thinking regulator not regulating properly

User avatar
Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 20585
Joined: July 3rd, 2010, 8:53 am
Location: Podunk CA RRV

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1456 Post by Brian Tuite » April 20th, 2020, 9:24 am

Pulled Pork Sliders
864DC93E-B417-4AAB-8CEC-AB52B7A54854.jpeg
93D732C8-A5D6-42F2-BBB1-8A92E1F54776.jpeg
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

"Something so subtle only I can detect it." ~ Randy Bowman

2020 WOTY Candidates

- 2018 Once & Future Old Hill Ranch

User avatar
Kenny H
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4021
Joined: September 2nd, 2010, 10:53 pm
Location: Iowa, SoCal

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1457 Post by Kenny H » April 20th, 2020, 4:04 pm

Bdklein wrote:
April 19th, 2020, 5:49 pm
Fresh spinach fettuccini with sea scallops cooked in ghee.
Some steamed asparagus, marinated artichokes, capers, cooking wine , lemon juice , and chicken broth in the mix too. Yummy .
That is a lot of scallops!!!
H0eve!kamp

User avatar
Kenny H
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4021
Joined: September 2nd, 2010, 10:53 pm
Location: Iowa, SoCal

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1458 Post by Kenny H » April 20th, 2020, 4:05 pm

Brian Tuite wrote:
April 20th, 2020, 9:24 am
Pulled Pork Sliders

864DC93E-B417-4AAB-8CEC-AB52B7A54854.jpeg

93D732C8-A5D6-42F2-BBB1-8A92E1F54776.jpeg
One of my favorites. I love lots of acid in the slaw what do you use?
H0eve!kamp

User avatar
Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 20585
Joined: July 3rd, 2010, 8:53 am
Location: Podunk CA RRV

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1459 Post by Brian Tuite » April 20th, 2020, 4:29 pm

Kenny H wrote:
April 20th, 2020, 4:05 pm
Brian Tuite wrote:
April 20th, 2020, 9:24 am
Pulled Pork Sliders

864DC93E-B417-4AAB-8CEC-AB52B7A54854.jpeg

93D732C8-A5D6-42F2-BBB1-8A92E1F54776.jpeg
One of my favorites. I love lots of acid in the slaw what do you use?
I use a vinegar based Carolina sauce on the meat so we get plenty of acid from that. The slaw dressing is a simple mix of mayo, yellow mustard and a pinch of sugar. There is sliced Granny Smith Apple in it though for some tartness.
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

"Something so subtle only I can detect it." ~ Randy Bowman

2020 WOTY Candidates

- 2018 Once & Future Old Hill Ranch

User avatar
Kenny H
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4021
Joined: September 2nd, 2010, 10:53 pm
Location: Iowa, SoCal

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1460 Post by Kenny H » April 20th, 2020, 4:48 pm

Brian Tuite wrote:
April 20th, 2020, 4:29 pm
Kenny H wrote:
April 20th, 2020, 4:05 pm
Brian Tuite wrote:
April 20th, 2020, 9:24 am
Pulled Pork Sliders

864DC93E-B417-4AAB-8CEC-AB52B7A54854.jpeg

93D732C8-A5D6-42F2-BBB1-8A92E1F54776.jpeg
One of my favorites. I love lots of acid in the slaw what do you use?
I use a vinegar based Carolina sauce on the meat so we get plenty of acid from that. The slaw dressing is a simple mix of mayo, yellow mustard and a pinch of sugar. There is sliced Granny Smith Apple in it though for some tartness.
Oh yeah, Carolina sauce is the best!
H0eve!kamp

Bdklein
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5747
Joined: November 10th, 2013, 1:16 pm

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1461 Post by Bdklein » April 20th, 2020, 7:00 pm

Nola Palomar wrote:
April 19th, 2020, 8:10 pm
Tonight was Raclette for dinner!!

D8815583-9410-43CC-BE67-3D2B876EC53C.jpeg
Very cool and interesting!!!!
Bruce Klein

Bdklein
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5747
Joined: November 10th, 2013, 1:16 pm

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1462 Post by Bdklein » April 20th, 2020, 7:02 pm

Kenny H wrote:
April 20th, 2020, 4:04 pm
Bdklein wrote:
April 19th, 2020, 5:49 pm
Fresh spinach fettuccini with sea scallops cooked in ghee.
Some steamed asparagus, marinated artichokes, capers, cooking wine , lemon juice , and chicken broth in the mix too. Yummy .
That is a lot of scallops!!!
Yeah I bought a pre-pack of them from Stew Leonards Was only $25 or so. We had plenty left over .
Bruce Klein

User avatar
Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 20585
Joined: July 3rd, 2010, 8:53 am
Location: Podunk CA RRV

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1463 Post by Brian Tuite » April 20th, 2020, 7:24 pm

Pulled Pork day 3.

Carnitas Tacos with Pico de Gallo and Queso Fresca
2638992B-7E9A-4939-BC97-6E8A225BEB9C.jpeg
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

"Something so subtle only I can detect it." ~ Randy Bowman

2020 WOTY Candidates

- 2018 Once & Future Old Hill Ranch

User avatar
K_F_o_l_e_y
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1438
Joined: February 14th, 2009, 10:36 am
Location: Boston, MA USA

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1464 Post by K_F_o_l_e_y » April 20th, 2020, 9:40 pm

Sous vide yogurt cheesecake

Instacart delivered my groceries, but claimed they couldn't find any BUTTERMILK for the sous vide cheesecake I wanted to make. Grrrr!

But necessity is the mother of invention, so I made some sous vide yogurt and subbed in the equivalent weight of yogurt (not drained) instead of buttermilk. Sous vide in 8oz Ball canning jars at 176°F x 90 min.

Actually tasted very similar to the buttermilk version. Served it with a sauce made from crushed strawberries, blackberries and blueberries (with some fructose, malic acid and phosphoric acid added to give it a tangy bite).
Attachments
2020-0419 Sous vide yogurt cheesecake (brought to Steve Curry's).jpg
Cheers,
/<evin


"Ah! Dull-witted mortal, if Fortune stands still, she is no longer Fortune."
~ Boëthius, in Consolation of Philosophy

User avatar
ERPark
Posts: 3458
Joined: March 7th, 2015, 6:48 am

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1465 Post by ERPark » April 21st, 2020, 12:16 pm

Acquired several lbs of really nice, large chanterelles from an experienced forager. Rolled out handmade tagliatelle. Cooked down onions, garlic, white and butter with them. Topped with homegrown organic garlic chives. Zero leftovers from a pretty large qty made for 4 people.......

ECBD03B3-7835-4512-9265-3088D65ED034.jpeg
F58A6B0F-7308-42BA-B095-38E78E3D3CEF.jpeg
97BB8D48-A2C1-4F4A-9AC1-5A9AC2A1C333.jpeg
Attachments
1834D4F0-A379-4F0D-BDD7-4D6BE53CAAA1.jpeg
GEN3

User avatar
dteng
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5168
Joined: April 27th, 2010, 1:33 pm
Location: NoCal

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1466 Post by dteng » April 21st, 2020, 12:43 pm

Looks tasty Gene!

You musta had the noodle dream! 😂

I made massamam chicken for the first time. Surprised how easy (and tasty) it was.
Attachments
112727DC-DCAF-42B2-B5FB-DE9BC55ECF35.jpeg
BE1C1196-B0D8-4175-A6FF-EA9DDB39B7D2.jpeg
Dan

AlexS
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 24228
Joined: February 19th, 2009, 4:05 pm
Location: Mwaukee, 'sconsin

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1467 Post by AlexS » April 21st, 2020, 4:23 pm

ERPark wrote:
April 21st, 2020, 12:16 pm
Acquired several lbs of really nice, large chanterelles from an experienced forager. Rolled out handmade tagliatelle. Cooked down onions, garlic, white and butter with them. Topped with homegrown organic garlic chives. Zero leftovers from a pretty large qty made for 4 people.......


ECBD03B3-7835-4512-9265-3088D65ED034.jpeg


F58A6B0F-7308-42BA-B095-38E78E3D3CEF.jpeg


97BB8D48-A2C1-4F4A-9AC1-5A9AC2A1C333.jpeg
Damn that looks good!!

Did the Coke pair well?
s t e w @ r t

User avatar
Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 20585
Joined: July 3rd, 2010, 8:53 am
Location: Podunk CA RRV

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1468 Post by Brian Tuite » April 21st, 2020, 8:39 pm

Skirt Steak with Cherry Tomato and Brown Rice Salad

F4EB71A4-A508-4F7F-B2B7-2B4F4BBE723B.jpeg
All the ingredients short of Garlic and EVOO

90B869D2-1283-4578-A1C3-4628520B92CA.jpeg
S&P, Oregano and Lemon Zest on the meat. S&P, Oregano, Shallot, Garlic, Lemon Juice and EVOO for the salad. The. Add Brown Rice and stir.

1A37DE26-F455-4859-978D-4757A9A7583F.jpeg
Pan sear and slice meat, plate atop salad.

1E279B02-E4F3-425A-8C19-390F46B5BA1A.jpeg
Prepping for Friday’s Zoom event with Mike and Leah.
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

"Something so subtle only I can detect it." ~ Randy Bowman

2020 WOTY Candidates

- 2018 Once & Future Old Hill Ranch

User avatar
ERPark
Posts: 3458
Joined: March 7th, 2015, 6:48 am

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1469 Post by ERPark » April 22nd, 2020, 9:13 am

AlexS wrote:
April 21st, 2020, 4:23 pm
ERPark wrote:
April 21st, 2020, 12:16 pm
Acquired several lbs of really nice, large chanterelles from an experienced forager. Rolled out handmade tagliatelle. Cooked down onions, garlic, white and butter with them. Topped with homegrown organic garlic chives. Zero leftovers from a pretty large qty made for 4 people.......


ECBD03B3-7835-4512-9265-3088D65ED034.jpeg


F58A6B0F-7308-42BA-B095-38E78E3D3CEF.jpeg


97BB8D48-A2C1-4F4A-9AC1-5A9AC2A1C333.jpeg
Damn that looks good!!

Did the Coke pair well?
Coke?


81E7CD7E-20E5-4D46-A8C8-CCAF367BA027.gif

Didn’t feel like busting out the Lafite to mix up with the cola. We opted for a 2005 Lanson champers. champagne.gif
GEN3

User avatar
ERPark
Posts: 3458
Joined: March 7th, 2015, 6:48 am

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1470 Post by ERPark » April 22nd, 2020, 9:20 am

Used the rest of the Chanterelles to make risotto last night......

56B6F358-2E9B-49DB-B46B-3CB73610206F.jpeg

C5257DC9-23A6-4760-AA72-4D6B13BC0915.jpeg
GEN3

AlexS
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 24228
Joined: February 19th, 2009, 4:05 pm
Location: Mwaukee, 'sconsin

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1471 Post by AlexS » April 22nd, 2020, 9:27 am

ERPark wrote:
April 22nd, 2020, 9:13 am
Didn’t feel like busting out the Lafite to mix up with the cola. We opted for a 2005 Lanson champers. champagne.gif
Personally, I reserve my Lafite for bottled Coke made with sugar - Latour goes far better with cans of corn syrup Coke.
s t e w @ r t

User avatar
ERPark
Posts: 3458
Joined: March 7th, 2015, 6:48 am

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1472 Post by ERPark » April 22nd, 2020, 12:37 pm

AlexS wrote:
April 22nd, 2020, 9:27 am
ERPark wrote:
April 22nd, 2020, 9:13 am
Didn’t feel like busting out the Lafite to mix up with the cola. We opted for a 2005 Lanson champers. champagne.gif
Personally, I reserve my Lafite for bottled Coke made with sugar - Latour goes far better with cans of corn syrup Coke.
You so fancy for a Cheesebilly!

cheesehead
GEN3

User avatar
Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5156
Joined: February 7th, 2012, 1:42 pm
Location: Sammamish, WA

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1473 Post by Andrew Kotowski » April 26th, 2020, 8:19 am

Shrimp and cheesy grits!
Attachments
A4B970B4-F128-4CA4-8990-A7F9853C99FC.jpeg
Instagram at @akgrill

User avatar
ERPark
Posts: 3458
Joined: March 7th, 2015, 6:48 am

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1474 Post by ERPark » April 26th, 2020, 6:11 pm

Andrew Kotowski wrote:
April 26th, 2020, 8:19 am
Shrimp and cheesy grits!
[flirtysmile.gif]
GEN3

User avatar
Yao C
Posts: 1012
Joined: February 1st, 2017, 10:53 pm
Location: Portland / San Francisco

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1475 Post by Yao C » April 26th, 2020, 6:24 pm

ERPark wrote:
April 21st, 2020, 12:16 pm
Acquired several lbs of really nice, large chanterelles from an experienced forager.
Wow those chanterelles look amazing!
C h 0 o n 6

User avatar
Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5156
Joined: February 7th, 2012, 1:42 pm
Location: Sammamish, WA

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1476 Post by Andrew Kotowski » April 26th, 2020, 7:10 pm

What Yao said
Instagram at @akgrill

User avatar
LMD Ermitaño
Posts: 3758
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 5:14 am
Location: Philippines

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1477 Post by LMD Ermitaño » April 27th, 2020, 10:36 am

After a rather strange blind online wine session, I made a simple dish of linguine with scallops & salmon roe. Total cooking time around 25 minutes.
Attachments
C774B99E-1A63-487D-A6B3-88989D63BBFC.jpeg
Luis Manuel Debuque Monreal Ermitaño

User avatar
K_F_o_l_e_y
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1438
Joined: February 14th, 2009, 10:36 am
Location: Boston, MA USA

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1478 Post by K_F_o_l_e_y » April 27th, 2020, 12:22 pm

For our Zoom wine dinner: roasted dry-brined, spatchcocked chicken, glazed sous vide carrots, curry soubise sauce

Wines:
2010 Roses de Jeanne / Cédric Bouchard Pinot Blanc Champagne Blanc de Blancs La Bolorée
2004 Domaine G. Roumier / Christophe Roumier Morey St. Denis 1er Cru Clos de La Bussière
Attachments
2020-0426 Dry-brined roast chicken, curry soubise, glazed sous vide carrots (Steve Curry at KPF's).jpg
Last edited by K_F_o_l_e_y on April 27th, 2020, 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers,
/<evin


"Ah! Dull-witted mortal, if Fortune stands still, she is no longer Fortune."
~ Boëthius, in Consolation of Philosophy

Siun o'Connell
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5539
Joined: June 4th, 2012, 9:02 am

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1479 Post by Siun o'Connell » April 27th, 2020, 12:43 pm

No photos but made a big batch of Oven Barbecue Chicken Wings from a cooking page torn from NYT in ... I think ... 1980 (on the reverse side is a listing of various wines from 1980) by the wonderful Craig Claiborne and Pierre Franey. They plus James Beard definitely shaped my cooking skills and loves. The wings are wonderful over several days, cooked to just about falling off the bone tenderness with a sauce of ketchup, white and red wine vinegar, honey, lots of garlic, some butter and olive oil and mustard. Basted four separate times they become almost lacquered with the sauce ... sweet but not too sweet ... perfection. A little rice and a good salad ... yum. I may need another batch soon!

TGigante
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 507
Joined: January 26th, 2013, 3:11 pm
Location: BURGHen County, NJ

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1480 Post by TGigante » April 27th, 2020, 3:54 pm

K_F_o_l_e_y wrote:
April 27th, 2020, 12:22 pm
For our Zoom wine dinner: roast dry-brined, spatchcocked chicken, glazed sous vide carrots, curry soubise sauce

Wines:
2010 Roses de Jeanne / Cédric Bouchard Pinot Blanc Champagne Blanc de Blancs La Bolorée
2004 Domaine G. Roumier / Christophe Roumier Morey St. Denis 1er Cru Clos de La Bussière
Kevin

What was the 2004 Roumier like?
Cheers,
Tony

User avatar
Nola Palomar
BerserkerDay MVP
BerserkerDay MVP
Posts: 4635
Joined: April 19th, 2009, 2:34 am
Location: Ugijar (GRANADA) Spain and Dayton, Ohio

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1481 Post by Nola Palomar » April 27th, 2020, 6:36 pm

Grilled Chili Lime Chicken Fajita Salad

7FC92B9D-11D2-454F-9A09-409FC27379F4.jpeg
7C9FA8E2-283A-478F-8F90-4B6E1C571AE3.jpeg
Nola
ITB

Veleta
Bodega Dominio Buenavista
D.O.P. Granada, Spain


Juan Manuel Palomar MD - 1948-2018 Husband, Father, Surgeon, Mentor, Winery owner & Winemaker, my everything...RIP
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

User avatar
K_F_o_l_e_y
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1438
Joined: February 14th, 2009, 10:36 am
Location: Boston, MA USA

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1482 Post by K_F_o_l_e_y » April 27th, 2020, 7:20 pm

TGigante wrote:
April 27th, 2020, 3:54 pm
K_F_o_l_e_y wrote:
April 27th, 2020, 12:22 pm
For our Zoom wine dinner: roast dry-brined, spatchcocked chicken, glazed sous vide carrots, curry soubise sauce

Wines:
2010 Roses de Jeanne / Cédric Bouchard Pinot Blanc Champagne Blanc de Blancs La Bolorée
2004 Domaine G. Roumier / Christophe Roumier Morey St. Denis 1er Cru Clos de La Bussière
Kevin

What was the 2004 Roumier like?
Initially thought it was showing its age, but the fruit (black cherry) did start to show up after a couple of hours of air. Nothing green about it. A pleasant bottle, but not particularly complex. From the late Al Chaby's cellar, so we drank it in memory of him.

Bouchard was knock your socks off very intense (100% pinot blanc! from a 0.2 hectar plot planted in 1960). Still nice on Day 2, despite his using very low pressure.
Cheers,
/<evin


"Ah! Dull-witted mortal, if Fortune stands still, she is no longer Fortune."
~ Boëthius, in Consolation of Philosophy

TGigante
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 507
Joined: January 26th, 2013, 3:11 pm
Location: BURGHen County, NJ

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1483 Post by TGigante » April 27th, 2020, 9:33 pm

K_F_o_l_e_y wrote:
April 27th, 2020, 7:20 pm
TGigante wrote:
April 27th, 2020, 3:54 pm
K_F_o_l_e_y wrote:
April 27th, 2020, 12:22 pm
For our Zoom wine dinner: roast dry-brined, spatchcocked chicken, glazed sous vide carrots, curry soubise sauce

Wines:
2010 Roses de Jeanne / Cédric Bouchard Pinot Blanc Champagne Blanc de Blancs La Bolorée
2004 Domaine G. Roumier / Christophe Roumier Morey St. Denis 1er Cru Clos de La Bussière
Kevin

What was the 2004 Roumier like?
Initially thought it was showing its age, but the fruit (black cherry) did start to show up after a couple of hours of air. Nothing green about it. A pleasant bottle, but not particularly complex. From the late Al Chaby's cellar, so we drank it in memory of him.

Bouchard was knock your socks off very intense (100% pinot blanc! from a 0.2 hectar plot planted in 1960). Still nice on Day 2, despite his using very low pressure.
Thanks Kevin
I had an 04 Jadot Les Suchots in Sept that was drinking nicely. No green and picked up the dark cherry with air too. The last 2004 in my cellar now is the Bussiere. A good tribute I'm sure.

Glad the Bouchard was kicking for you as well.
Cheers,
Tony

User avatar
K_F_o_l_e_y
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1438
Joined: February 14th, 2009, 10:36 am
Location: Boston, MA USA

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1484 Post by K_F_o_l_e_y » May 1st, 2020, 11:13 pm

Roasted Anjou pear with thyme, honey, smoked sea salt, Granny Smith apple sauce, cream
Attachments
2020-0426 Roasted Anjou pear with thyme, honey, smoked seasalt, apple sauce, cream (Steve Curry at KPF's).jpg
Cheers,
/<evin


"Ah! Dull-witted mortal, if Fortune stands still, she is no longer Fortune."
~ Boëthius, in Consolation of Philosophy

User avatar
K_F_o_l_e_y
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1438
Joined: February 14th, 2009, 10:36 am
Location: Boston, MA USA

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1485 Post by K_F_o_l_e_y » May 4th, 2020, 4:09 pm

Granny Smith apple tart
Attachments
IMG_8911.jpg
Cheers,
/<evin


"Ah! Dull-witted mortal, if Fortune stands still, she is no longer Fortune."
~ Boëthius, in Consolation of Philosophy

User avatar
Kenny H
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4021
Joined: September 2nd, 2010, 10:53 pm
Location: Iowa, SoCal

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1486 Post by Kenny H » May 6th, 2020, 8:29 pm

LMD Ermitaño wrote:
April 27th, 2020, 10:36 am
After a rather strange blind online wine session, I made a simple dish of linguine with scallops & salmon roe. Total cooking time around 25 minutes.
Shoot sorry I missed this, Noel. That is a brilliant "simple" dish. Thanks for the reminder!
H0eve!kamp

User avatar
LMD Ermitaño
Posts: 3758
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 5:14 am
Location: Philippines

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1487 Post by LMD Ermitaño » May 7th, 2020, 8:12 am

Kenny H wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 8:29 pm
LMD Ermitaño wrote:
April 27th, 2020, 10:36 am
After a rather strange blind online wine session, I made a simple dish of linguine with scallops & salmon roe. Total cooking time around 25 minutes.
Shoot sorry I missed this, Noel. That is a brilliant "simple" dish. Thanks for the reminder!
My pleasure, Kenny. It’s so easy to make to boot.

Best,

N
Luis Manuel Debuque Monreal Ermitaño

User avatar
LMD Ermitaño
Posts: 3758
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 5:14 am
Location: Philippines

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1488 Post by LMD Ermitaño » May 10th, 2020, 11:36 am

Made pan-grilled duck breast with cranberry sauce for dinner tonight.
Attachments
B8571A99-475D-412A-9A24-E618BE60D874.jpeg
Luis Manuel Debuque Monreal Ermitaño

User avatar
Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5156
Joined: February 7th, 2012, 1:42 pm
Location: Sammamish, WA

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1489 Post by Andrew Kotowski » May 14th, 2020, 8:20 pm

Pork Chop Thursday!
Attachments
5887F38A-244A-4C10-AB73-91A481475682.jpeg
1E0CB0C7-5DF8-43EC-8178-84C8B5BE8624.jpeg
Instagram at @akgrill

User avatar
Scott Brunson
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 10312
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 2:55 am
Location: in between coastal SC and south FL

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1490 Post by Scott Brunson » May 15th, 2020, 12:05 pm

Beginning of shrimp season coincides with the end of chervil season in the garden.
Image
Tous les chemins mènent à la Bourgogne!
On CT, I'm S1

User avatar
Mark Golodetz
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7245
Joined: May 29th, 2009, 8:49 pm

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1491 Post by Mark Golodetz » May 15th, 2020, 1:32 pm

We got a pound of morels, so decided to do the Patricia Wells recipe Chicken with Vin jaune which Sarah had talked about. Delicious, but I screwed up somewhere, as the cream separated.
ITB

Sarah Kirschbaum
Posts: 3287
Joined: September 20th, 2010, 11:53 am

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1492 Post by Sarah Kirschbaum » May 16th, 2020, 5:54 am

Mark Golodetz wrote:
May 15th, 2020, 1:32 pm
We got a pound of morels, so decided to do the Patricia Wells recipe Chicken with Vin jaune which Sarah had talked about. Delicious, but I screwed up somewhere, as the cream separated.
Glad it was at least tasty! Cream sauces can be tricky. Her recipe isn't perfect - very few are. They seem to leave out common sense steps a lot of the time, or total underestimate the amount of time things need. That's why our cookbooks are covered with notes.
Sort of ITB - my husband imports a small amount of sake and I help out

Milton Hudson
Posts: 1351
Joined: April 27th, 2010, 1:44 pm
Location: Mobile, AL US of A

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1493 Post by Milton Hudson » May 16th, 2020, 6:39 am

Butt
Before the wrap in butcher paper and low oven for 2 hours.
Attachments
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_8a74.jpg
4rZ7fkFrTm665oBLNVQuXA_thumb_8a76.jpg

User avatar
K_F_o_l_e_y
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1438
Joined: February 14th, 2009, 10:36 am
Location: Boston, MA USA

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1494 Post by K_F_o_l_e_y » May 16th, 2020, 8:11 am

Tried to find something, anything, in my empty fridge to put on a pizza, and then wouldn’t you know I then completely forget to put the garlic slivers on it lol. Oh well, it tasted pretty good anyway.
Attachments
2020-0515 Breville Pizzaiolo #7.2 (margerita).jpg
Cheers,
/<evin


"Ah! Dull-witted mortal, if Fortune stands still, she is no longer Fortune."
~ Boëthius, in Consolation of Philosophy

User avatar
Scott Brunson
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 10312
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 2:55 am
Location: in between coastal SC and south FL

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1495 Post by Scott Brunson » May 16th, 2020, 5:31 pm

Image
Flannery Hanger Arrachera
Salsa Bandera
Pickled red onion and avocado

Country wild rice with Mole Coloradito
Tous les chemins mènent à la Bourgogne!
On CT, I'm S1

User avatar
Ethan Abraham
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1538
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 10:34 am

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1496 Post by Ethan Abraham » May 17th, 2020, 3:52 am

First attempt at a brisket on the BGE. Slightly dryer than I would have liked but tasted great.
Attachments
IMG_20200516_183559.jpg

User avatar
Scott G r u n e r
Posts: 3877
Joined: June 6th, 2009, 9:03 pm
Location: Seattleish

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1497 Post by Scott G r u n e r » May 17th, 2020, 7:53 am

first copper river salmon (sockeye) of the year. so fresh, so good. very simple prep of salt, pepper, olive oil on the grill.
//Cynic

User avatar
Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 20585
Joined: July 3rd, 2010, 8:53 am
Location: Podunk CA RRV

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1498 Post by Brian Tuite » May 17th, 2020, 9:08 am

Scott Brunson wrote:
May 16th, 2020, 5:31 pm
Image
Flannery Hanger Arrachera
Salsa Bandera
Pickled red onion and avocado

Country wild rice with Mole Coloradito
{{like button}}
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

"Something so subtle only I can detect it." ~ Randy Bowman

2020 WOTY Candidates

- 2018 Once & Future Old Hill Ranch

Rich Salsano
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 774
Joined: February 11th, 2011, 10:02 am

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1499 Post by Rich Salsano » May 17th, 2020, 12:55 pm

Made some loaded entree salads the past two days. One with Flannery dry aged NY strip. The other with Nueskes bacon and soft boiled egg. Both delicious.
Attachments
67FB17E8-9A47-441A-BD4F-3B10B4B11FA6.jpeg
DA002835-E8E2-4944-B7BA-D0EB9B45C2B6.jpeg
Richard Salsano

TGigante
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 507
Joined: January 26th, 2013, 3:11 pm
Location: BURGHen County, NJ

Re: What did you cook tonight?

#1500 Post by TGigante » May 17th, 2020, 2:40 pm

Rich Salsano wrote:
May 17th, 2020, 12:55 pm
Made some loaded entree salads the past two days. One with Flannery dry aged NY strip. The other with Nueskes bacon and soft boiled egg. Both delicious.
Very nice
Tell us about the wine pairings, Rich
Cheers,
Tony

Post Reply

Return to “Epicurean Exploits - Food and Recipes”