Dinner in Denver?

If you were in Denver for one night, what would be your top choice restaurant? Money no object, although preferably a good wine list with reasonable prices.

Daniel’s taking President Obama out to dinner…

I always enjoyed The Fort when I lived there. Fabulous game, perfectly prepared.

Dan, I find Denver (from limited exp. and talking w/ residents and board members) to be a bit of a food wasteland.

No matter how much you spend coming from the NY area you will be disappointed.

While BYOB is illegal in Co. a few of the guys have arrangements with some of the local places and that’s the route I’d take.

Had a semi-decent dinner at North (http://www.foxrestaurantconcepts.com/north.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). The waitstaff was fantastic. And the food was ok/good.

I asked the waiter for the wine and beer menu. It was after a tradeshow and I just wanted a cold beer before dinner. I glanced at the menu, and asked the waiter “which beers are local?”. He said “well… other than Coors there is blah blah blah”. :neutral_face: Oh right… Coors is a local beer in Denver. Weird.

When I lived there (gulp) 20 years ago, there were a lot of micro-brewery’s downtown. The only exceptional dining experiences I had were in the resort towns, but I suppose the high altitude may have altered my perception.

So I have The Fort as a maybe, nothing from Todd (no wonder he got banned) and a go f*** yourself from Kravitz…anyone else?

Sorry, I’ve been to Denver once, and I ate at Chilis.

How was the wine list? BYO?

I highly recommend the Fetzer Chardonnay - free refills before 7 pm

Dan:

What part of town? Downtown, or which direction? Car available, or taxi/lightrail? How far is too far? What night of the week? Feel free to PM.

Moo

Preferably near downtown on a weeknight.

I booked Fruition for now. They have Fetzer on tap.

Thanks for any help in advance.