PHX/Scottsdale - Steakhouse

So…looks like I’ll be in PHX/Scottsdale for a bachelor party and was just put in charge of doing a steak dinner (out).

So, staying in Scottsdale and don’t plan on driving (UBER!). 8 people. Any thoughts on Steakhouses and do they allow corkage? I see this as an opportunity to use up one of my larger format bottles.

Open to any other suggestions.

I think a more “classical” steakhouse would be best.

Mastro’s

Went to mastro’s for a bachelor party two years ago, they were incredibly accommodating of 5 very drunk ex ASU football players, me, my coworker and the bachelor. They allowed corkage.

None will allow corkage unfortunately. The only BYOB I’d recommend is Atlas Bistro. Not a steakhouse, but the food is top notch. The atmosphere is nothing special either as its a tiny spot in a seedy strip mall.

Best steakhouses in my opinion (not in ranking order):
Steak 44
Dominick’s
Mastro’s (the original on Pinnacle Peak)
Durant’s (old school downtown Phoenix)

I’d also recommend Virtu. My favorite restaurant in town

I have a feeling it could easily turn into this…

David, thank you for the suggestions, I’ll take a look.

Not sure of corkage - and normally shy away from hotel restaurants but had one of the best meals ever at the Michael Mina Bourbon Steak at the Scottsdale Fairmont Princess.

(Also really enjoyed their Toro restaurant for the insane selection of rums complete with “Rum Princess” to guide your tasting. Toro is not at the hotel but at the golf course - there is a shuttle so you could dine at one, drink at the other and then uber to wherever after).

Never been to Bourbon Steak in Scottsdale, but there are a few locations, one being not too far from my home in LA. My experience was slihtly different. Good food, very overpriced. Having been to some of the places on David’s list, I would say there are better options for the cost.

I’ve never eaten at Bourbon Steak, but I’ve had drinks in their bar. If you like Scotch, it’s a can’t miss.

They do pour a good drink David. I haven’t eaten at the other spots suggested since I tend to be in Scottsdale for very quick stops for work (gotta love a job that sends me to Scottsdale every Feb!) but I’ve eaten at two Bourbon Steaks (the other in what used to be the Fairmont at Turnberry in FL) and this one. Pricey - sure but not surprisingly compared to other steakhouses in my experience and Scottsdale’s chef is very good indeed and capable of more than the standard turn out good steaks. They made a superb corn soup the first time I ate there that I still miss. I do also like the trio of french fries they bring in lieu of a bread course… fun but also so tasty.