Food - recipes, reviews, and discussion
Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: Eating and Drinking in Los Angeles

#951 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » December 22nd, 2019, 10:18 am

Adam G wrote:
December 15th, 2019, 10:30 pm
My wife is starting a new job and has a birthday coming up - she wants to go for a nice Japanese meal. She can't seem to get a reservation to work for n/naka since they vanish instantaneously every week, but do y'all have any other suggestions?
Yamakase

https://www.therepublicofrose.com/dinin ... se-in-l-a/

Hayato is great too

Adam G

#952 Post by Adam G » December 22nd, 2019, 5:22 pm

Mich@el Ch@ng wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 10:18 am
Adam G wrote:
December 15th, 2019, 10:30 pm
My wife is starting a new job and has a birthday coming up - she wants to go for a nice Japanese meal. She can't seem to get a reservation to work for n/naka since they vanish instantaneously every week, but do y'all have any other suggestions?
Yamakase

https://www.therepublicofrose.com/dinin ... se-in-l-a/

Hayato is great too
Reading this made us both drool. I have no idea the price point, though, and whether they allow corkage.
A. Gr0ssm@n

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member

#953 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » December 22nd, 2019, 5:39 pm

Yamakase has free corkage. They don’t have a liquor license. It’s expensive, though ~230 pp for 17 course omakase

joz€f p1nxten
GCC Member
GCC Member

#954 Post by joz€f p1nxten » December 23rd, 2019, 6:18 am

Mich@el Ch@ng wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 5:39 pm
Yamakase has free corkage. They don’t have a liquor license. It’s expensive, though ~230 pp for 17 course omakase
I guess this is not an option for a pregnant significant other?
Jozef

Adam G

#955 Post by Adam G » December 23rd, 2019, 11:29 am

Mich@el Ch@ng wrote:
I did a little looking on yelp and a recent review said it was $420/person. Others say $250-300. I understand why the price may fluctuate based on the ingredients and such. But at $420 it's too rich, while $250 each we're willing to do for this special occasion. Would they tell us the price ahead of time? I wouldn't want to risk being rude by asking them.
A. Gr0ssm@n

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#956 Post by c fu » December 23rd, 2019, 2:47 pm

Adam G wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 11:29 am
Mich@el Ch@ng wrote:
I did a little looking on yelp and a recent review said it was $420/person. Others say $250-300. I understand why the price may fluctuate based on the ingredients and such. But at $420 it's too rich, while $250 each we're willing to do for this special occasion. Would they tell us the price ahead of time? I wouldn't want to risk being rude by asking them.
it'll be about 375-400 after tax tip.

I don't think it's worth it. The chef has almost no finesse in his food.
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

ITB -Salt Vine Wines

Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/clayfu.wine

G. Greenbaum

#957 Post by G. Greenbaum » December 24th, 2019, 9:21 am

Adam G wrote:
Mich@el Ch@ng wrote:
N/Naka will run you $700+ (and that's if you byob-considerably more if you select the wine paring). I would recommend Shunji on Pico near Bundy. They offer several omakase choices, a sushi only and a kaiseki option. Both are under $200/pp I believe. They allow corkage. IMHO, Shunji is outstanding and a great value considering similar experiences at this level of quality.
Regards,
Gregg

ITB

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member

#958 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » December 24th, 2019, 9:32 am

He’s heavy handed with premium ingredients. I’m not sure that’s a negative thing. Better then eating at nnaka and going to in and out immediately afterwards bc you’re still hungry.
c fu wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 2:47 pm
Adam G wrote:
Mich@el Ch@ng wrote:

Adam G

#959 Post by Adam G » December 24th, 2019, 11:28 am

G. Greenbaum wrote:
December 24th, 2019, 9:21 am
Adam G wrote:
Mich@el Ch@ng wrote:
N/Naka will run you $700+ (and that's if you byob-considerably more if you select the wine paring). I would recommend Shunji on Pico near Bundy. They offer several omakase choices, a sushi only and a kaiseki option. Both are under $200/pp I believe. They allow corkage. IMHO, Shunji is outstanding and a great value considering similar experiences at this level of quality.
$700 per person?!?
A. Gr0ssm@n

G. Greenbaum

#960 Post by G. Greenbaum » December 24th, 2019, 1:00 pm

Adam G wrote:
December 24th, 2019, 11:28 am
G. Greenbaum wrote:
December 24th, 2019, 9:21 am
Adam G wrote:

$700 per person?!?
couple
Regards,
Gregg

ITB

C Chen

#961 Post by C Chen » December 24th, 2019, 2:21 pm

Hayato smokes n/naka. n/naka just isn't worth it. I wouldn't even $180-200 for it.
curt1S ch3N
CT: C Chen

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#962 Post by c fu » December 24th, 2019, 9:08 pm

Mich@el Ch@ng wrote:
December 24th, 2019, 9:32 am
He’s heavy handed with premium ingredients. I’m not sure that’s a negative thing. Better then eating at nnaka and going to in and out immediately afterwards bc you’re still hungry.
c fu wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 2:47 pm
Adam G wrote:

Doesn’t matter how many premium ingredients if you don’t know how to cook it.

Wagyu, uni, truffles and toro don’t solve everything
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

ITB -Salt Vine Wines

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member

#963 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » December 25th, 2019, 4:47 am

I thought it was good the couple times I went; perhaps he was having an off day when you went.

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member

#964 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » December 25th, 2019, 4:48 am

C Chen wrote:
December 24th, 2019, 2:21 pm
Hayato smokes n/naka. n/naka just isn't worth it. I wouldn't even $180-200 for it.
I agree; I do think it’s the best Japanese restaurant in LA.

J. Rock

#965 Post by J. Rock » January 11th, 2020, 1:34 pm

Does anyone know if Gino's does BYOB/corkage? We're thinking of going tonight, but I can't find any info on this and they don't open until 5.
J o r d a n

Robert Dentice
GCC Member
GCC Member

#966 Post by Robert Dentice » January 12th, 2020, 2:42 pm

Anyone know if it is possible to BYOB at Mini-Kabob in Glendale?

J. Rock

#967 Post by J. Rock » January 12th, 2020, 2:55 pm

J. Rock wrote:
January 11th, 2020, 1:34 pm
Does anyone know if Gino's does BYOB/corkage? We're thinking of going tonight, but I can't find any info on this and they don't open until 5.
Gino's does not currently offer BYOB (or carryout). The pizza is very good, although, it's not even the best deep dish in town.
J o r d a n

Robert Dentice
GCC Member
GCC Member

#968 Post by Robert Dentice » January 13th, 2020, 8:30 am

Robert Dentice wrote:
January 12th, 2020, 2:42 pm
Wow! This place is amazing. Hole in the wall Armenian husband and wife spot with amazing food. I went with a regular so we got treated extremely well. There are only 8-10 seats. We got there at 4:10 and initially they said they were closed and we could only do take out so we put in a very large order and proceeded out to the sidewalk to drink some Riesling. We watched party after party show up only to be told they were closed. After the family (who eats there every Sunday) finished they came out and said oh come on in since we were with a regular they stayed open and served us an amazing meal that felt like we were in their home.

Their son also runs a Taco spot at Smorgasbord on the weekend that I am told is great.

https://www.instagram.com/mini_kabob/

G. Greenbaum

#969 Post by G. Greenbaum » January 13th, 2020, 9:02 am

Robert Dentice wrote:
January 13th, 2020, 8:30 am
Robert Dentice wrote:
Wow! This place is amazing. Hole in the wall Armenian husband and wife spot with amazing food. I went with a regular so we got treated extremely well. There are only 8-10 seats. We got there at 4:10 and initially they said they were closed and we could only do take out so we put in a very large order and proceeded out to the sidewalk to drink some Riesling. We watched party after party show up only to be told they were closed. After the family (who eats there every Sunday) finished they came out and said oh come on in since we were with a regular they stayed open and served us an amazing meal that felt like we were in their home.

Their son also runs a Taco spot at Smorgasbord on the weekend that I am told is great.

Mini Kabob is great. I've been eating there for years. I always take out, it just seems to cramped inside. Did they let you byob? If you liked MK, I suggest you give Marouch and Carousel in Hollywood a visit.
Regards,
Gregg

ITB

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#970 Post by c fu » January 13th, 2020, 1:29 pm

Robert Dentice wrote:
January 13th, 2020, 8:30 am
Robert Dentice wrote:

Great spot. Lots of amazing places in that area.
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

ITB -Salt Vine Wines

Barry L i p t o n
GCC Member
GCC Member

#971 Post by Barry L i p t o n » January 13th, 2020, 1:41 pm

I really enjoyed my meal at Bavel but the noise level exceeded LAX

joz€f p1nxten
GCC Member
GCC Member

#972 Post by joz€f p1nxten » January 16th, 2020, 12:21 am

A quick note after a visit to Animal during our holidays in the US - food was appreciated, the place was slightly too dark. Didn't look at the wine list as I was the only one interested, so took a beer instead. Overall recommended, if you like this type of food. Unfortunately we had to cancel the reservation at Angler as my wife was too tired.
Jozef

Nowell Karten
GCC Member
GCC Member

#973 Post by Nowell Karten » January 16th, 2020, 11:30 pm

J. Rock wrote:
January 12th, 2020, 2:55 pm
J. Rock wrote:
Gino's does not currently offer BYOB (or carryout). The pizza is very good, although, it's not even the best deep dish in town.
I went to Gino's, tonight, and they do allow BYO. Their corkage fee is $15/bottle.

For a traditional pizza place, their Charred Brussels Sprouts were more than credible, and their Kale Caesar was okay too. For my personal taste, though, I was disappointed in the pizza: The cheese was very good, but I found the sauce a little sweet; most important, I found the dough to be bread-soft in its center, lacking solidity, and a little too sweet itself. I should note, though, that it's been many years since I've had true Chicago deep-dish pizza.
In the little moment that remains to us between the crisis and the catastrophe,...

J. Rock

#974 Post by J. Rock » January 17th, 2020, 10:39 am

Nowell Karten wrote:
January 16th, 2020, 11:30 pm
J. Rock wrote:
January 12th, 2020, 2:55 pm
J. Rock wrote:
I went to Gino's, tonight, and they do allow BYO. Their corkage fee is $15/bottle.

For a traditional pizza place, their Charred Brussels Sprouts were more than credible, and their Kale Caesar was okay too. For my personal taste, though, I was disappointed in the pizza: The cheese was very good, but I found the sauce a little sweet; most important, I found the dough to be bread-soft in its center, lacking solidity, and a little too sweet itself. I should note, though, that it's been many years since I've had true Chicago deep-dish pizza.
I'm not sure if, within a week's time, they started allowing BYOB, or if the person who answered the phone couldn't be bothered to check... but it's good know that I can now bring in my own bottles for $15.

I don't know if I was disappointed by the pizza, but it's no Lou Malnati's, or even the best deep dish in town. However, I think it's legit and there's not really any local competition for deep dish.
J o r d a n

Robert Dentice
GCC Member
GCC Member

#975 Post by Robert Dentice » January 30th, 2020, 8:48 am

Any recent experiences with Meals by Genet. And how hard is it or not to reserve on very short notice for Friday night. I have always been intrigued after the Jonathan Gold review.

johngonzales

#976 Post by johngonzales » January 30th, 2020, 2:57 pm

PSA
Auburn has a pretty good DineLA option, ending tomorrow. Five courses plus a glass of Prosecco for $99. Same choices as the regular tasting menu which is typically $95 for four courses and $120 for six.

It was my first time. I thought the vibe and design were cool, though I’m not sure I was as struck by the design as some. The food was excellent. Not much that was a wow though. Maybe the duck. The portions are really small. I added a dessert course for $20. Some sort of sliced apple thing, that tasted good and looked good, But comically small. Basically two heaping tablespoons and smaller than the rest of the courses. I’d have to go to InNOut afterward had I just had the four course. Corkage was $50 per bottle for two. Their wines weren’t very impressive and mostly eclectic, but fair priced. They do the back-of-house 4 % added, pre-tax and pre-tip as a back-of-the house fee. Service was really good. I would go back, but won’t run back.

Also went to Pasjoli recently. The look is cool, like a stylish bistro. My reaction was pretty similar. Really good, but I won’t run back. The popular pressed duck for $165 was part dependent on presentation. The crushed carcass juice and blood sauce really wasn’t particularly delicious. The other food was somewhere between bistro and fine French cuisine, solid but not creative, and priced at the top end. A medium sized tenderloin was well prepared, solid, but typical at $54. We got two mini baguettes of bread (maybe 7”) for $9 each. Service was good, but not noteworthy, especially the wine service. They DO include the gratuity in the prices which makes it expensive but not brutal.

Really, we had a better meal at Bestia, including service and food just as tasty and inspired, for less money.

Benny P
GCC Member
GCC Member

#977 Post by Benny P » January 30th, 2020, 3:05 pm

johngonzales wrote:
January 30th, 2020, 2:57 pm
PSA
Auburn has a pretty good DineLA option, ending tomorrow. Five courses plus a glass of Prosecco for $99. Same choices as the regular tasting menu which is typically $95 for four courses and $120 for six.

It was my first time. I thought the vibe and design were cool, though I’m not sure I was as struck by the design as some. The food was excellent. Not much that was a wow though. Maybe the duck. The portions are really small. I added a dessert course for $20. Some sort of sliced apple thing, that tasted good and looked good, But comically small. Basically two heaping tablespoons and smaller than the rest of the courses. I’d have to go to InNOut afterward had I just had the four course. Corkage was $50 per bottle for two. Their wines weren’t very impressive and mostly eclectic, but fair priced. They do the back-of-house 4 % added, pre-tax and pre-tip as a back-of-the house fee. Service was really good. I would go back, but won’t run back.

Also went to Pasjoli recently. The look is cool, like a stylish bistro. My reaction was pretty similar. Really good, but I won’t run back. The popular pressed duck for $165 was part dependent on presentation. The crushed carcass juice and blood sauce really wasn’t particularly delicious. The other food was somewhere between bistro and fine French cuisine, solid but not creative, and priced at the top end. A medium sized tenderloin was well prepared, solid, but typical at $54. We got two mini baguettes of bread (maybe 7”) for $9 each. Service was good, but not noteworthy, especially the wine service. They DO include the gratuity in the prices which makes it expensive but not brutal.

Really, we had a better meal at Bestia, including service and food just as tasty and inspired, for less money.
I agree with all your comments regarding Auburn. I thought the food was great - we did a semi-customized 5 course menu for a business meeting there, but also felt the portions were a bit small. Though I was satisfied for the most part , I definitely wasn't full. After dinner, my wife and I ended up going to a taco stand off Melrose though that may have been due to my drunk hunger settling in after polishing off several bottles of wine as a group during dinner. Regardless, I also would go back but am not in a hurry to do so.
Ben P@scu@l

Andrew S.

#978 Post by Andrew S. » January 30th, 2020, 5:46 pm

johngonzales wrote:
January 30th, 2020, 2:57 pm
PSA

Agreed on Pasjoli. We dined there last weekend. The pressed duck was fun, but the quality of duck was merely fine and the sauce was verging on tasteless. We had issues with some of the other items on the menu: the salad that came with the duck was far far too salty. They took it back, letting us know that happens. The other salad was far too salty as well. I won't go into the other issues, but there were too many for a restaurant priced at the high end in LA. The Chef was traveling in France apparently, so perhaps that was one of the reasons. The desserts, a chocolate soufflé and a rice pudding, were first rate, however. The staff was very nice, but the food was not good enough to make us wish to return. A shame.

Nowell Karten
GCC Member
GCC Member

#979 Post by Nowell Karten » January 31st, 2020, 12:51 am

Robert Dentice wrote:
January 30th, 2020, 8:48 am
Any recent experiences with Meals by Genet. And how hard is it or not to reserve on very short notice for Friday night. I have always been intrigued after the Jonathan Gold review.
I last went a few months ago and had an excellent meal. I recommend ordering the Vegetarian Combination as a base-platter onto which other entrees -- like the outstanding Dorowot (chicken stewed with red pepper sauce and butter) -- can be served atop the injera.

http://mealsbygenetla.com/
In the little moment that remains to us between the crisis and the catastrophe,...

Robert Dentice
GCC Member
GCC Member

#980 Post by Robert Dentice » January 31st, 2020, 3:00 am

Nowell Karten wrote:
January 31st, 2020, 12:51 am
Robert Dentice wrote:
January 30th, 2020, 8:48 am
I last went a few months ago and had an excellent meal. I recommend ordering the Vegetarian Combination as a base-platter onto which other entrees -- like the outstanding Dorowot (chicken stewed with red pepper sauce and butter) -- can be served atop the injera.

http://mealsbygenetla.com/
Thank you very much!

Robert Dentice
GCC Member
GCC Member

#981 Post by Robert Dentice » February 2nd, 2020, 1:50 pm

Did not make it to Meals by Genet because they were booked.

Did hit a new Korean spot today that was excellent. No corkage allowed.

Four items — myeolchi/dak kalguksu (anchovy/chicken knife cut noodles), dwaeji bossam (boiled pork belly slices with cabbage) and buchimgae (a vegetable pancake).

https://la.eater.com/2020/1/27/21083881 ... n-kalguksu

Nowell Karten
GCC Member
GCC Member

#982 Post by Nowell Karten » February 3rd, 2020, 1:07 am

That dak kalguksu looks pretty tasty and I imagine would have been well accompanied by a Falkenstein Kabinett. Is it my imagination, or does it seem a disproportionate number of Korean restaurants in Los Angeles do not allow BYO/corkage?

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#983 Post by c fu » February 3rd, 2020, 10:00 am

Robert Dentice wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 1:50 pm

Four items — myeolchi/dak kalguksu (anchovy/chicken knife cut noodles), dwaeji bossam (boiled pork belly slices with cabbage) and buchimgae (a vegetable pancake).

my issue with korean noodles are that it's too starchy. They use so much flour as they shape the noodles that the soup is thick, the noodles feel thick. Give me a good ol bowl of chinese noodles and call it a day :D. Gotta make it out to San Gabriel Valley more Robert!
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

ITB -Salt Vine Wines

J Fontamillas

#984 Post by J Fontamillas » February 3rd, 2020, 12:01 pm

One of our favorite restaurants is closing in Echo Park...

The Park Restaurant (1400 Sunset blvd) will close its doors permanently on March 19, 2020.

Sad to see them go. If you have not tried them, they offer pre-fixed dinner on Tuesday nights. They are almost always delicious. Of course, the menu is also fantastic and at a great price.
Cheers! J for J e s u s

Robert Dentice
GCC Member
GCC Member

#985 Post by Robert Dentice » February 3rd, 2020, 12:05 pm

c fu wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 10:00 am
Robert Dentice wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 1:50 pm

my issue with korean noodles are that it's too starchy. They use so much flour as they shape the noodles that the soup is thick, the noodles feel thick. Give me a good ol bowl of chinese noodles and call it a day :D. Gotta make it out to San Gabriel Valley more Robert!
You are right about that. I did think the quality of the chicken was surprisingly good and I liked the thickness of the noodle.

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

#986 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » February 5th, 2020, 11:24 am

Anyone have tips re: Angler? I've never been, and am taking.my parents there tmrw evening. I assume stemware is acceptable, yes?
Los Angeles Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury

“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT handle: grafstrb

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#987 Post by c fu » February 6th, 2020, 3:19 pm

Brian G r a f s t r o m wrote:
February 5th, 2020, 11:24 am
Anyone have tips re: Angler? I've never been, and am taking.my parents there tmrw evening. I assume stemware is acceptable, yes?
Zaltos and Gabriel Golds, is excellent.

Their roast chicken is crazy good. THeir seafood is all awesome. You'll enjoy it. It's also very quiet which you old folks complaining about noise on the Westside will find soothing [snort.gif]
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

ITB -Salt Vine Wines

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

#988 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » February 6th, 2020, 4:29 pm

Thanks, Charlie! And, yes, I am particularly looking forward to a quiet environment. pepsi

“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member

#989 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » February 6th, 2020, 7:30 pm

I just noticed that Republique has a few decent deals on their wine list. 2012 Barthod Cras or Charmes for ~340 isn't bad.

saul_cooperstein

#990 Post by saul_cooperstein » February 6th, 2020, 7:46 pm

At angler

Raddicio salad and caramel sundae.

johngonzales

#991 Post by johngonzales » February 6th, 2020, 8:04 pm

J Fontamillas wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 12:01 pm

The Park Restaurant (1400 Sunset blvd) will close its doors permanently on March 19, 2020.

Sad to see them go. If you have not tried them, they offer pre-fixed dinner on Tuesday nights. They are almost always delicious. Of course, the menu is also fantastic and at a great price.
Bummer. They were one of my favorite Dodger pregame spots to bring a bottle and have a solid meal. Tsubaki hust east is very different and a little pricier but good.

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

#992 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » February 6th, 2020, 11:01 pm

saul_cooperstein wrote:
February 6th, 2020, 7:46 pm
At angler

Raddicio salad and caramel sundae.
Ordered both. The salad was, maybe, my favorite course.

Will write more tmrw.

saul_cooperstein

#993 Post by saul_cooperstein » February 7th, 2020, 7:18 am

Sorry forgot to mention - for anyone ordering the caramel sundae at angler, pro tip is to ask them to leave the pot of caramel

M. Meer

#994 Post by M. Meer » February 7th, 2020, 5:38 pm

johngonzales wrote:
February 6th, 2020, 8:04 pm
J Fontamillas wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 12:01 pm

Bummer. They were one of my favorite Dodger pregame spots to bring a bottle and have a solid meal.
That is a good little spot. The world needs more places like that, not less. Sad to hear.

Speaking of the Dodgers, I totally took advantage of their policy and brought a bunch of Vampiros and Zupermans from Mexicali into the stadium. That was fun.
Mar.kus

Adam Frisch
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#995 Post by Adam Frisch » February 9th, 2020, 3:55 am

c fu wrote:
Gotta make it out to San Gabriel Valley more Robert!
Speaking of San Gabriel. If anyone is obsessed with the simplicity of Hainan chicken, I highly recommend Savoy Kitchen there. Always a little bit of a line, but it moves real fast. Their Hainan is the best and I've been coming for 10 years. Cash only.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/savoy-kitchen-alhambra
Sabelli-Frisch Wines

Owner, proprietor and winemaker (with a little help) at Sabelli-Frisch Wines. I make wine from low-impact vineyards, focus on rare, forgotten, under-appreciated or historic grape varietals. Mission grape is my main red focus. IG: sabellifrisch

Andre M
GCC Member
GCC Member

#996 Post by Andre M » February 14th, 2020, 9:23 pm

Adam Frisch wrote:
February 9th, 2020, 3:55 am
c fu wrote:
Gotta make it out to San Gabriel Valley more Robert!
Speaking of San Gabriel. If anyone is obsessed with the simplicity of Hainan chicken, I highly recommend Savoy Kitchen there. Always a little bit of a line, but it moves real fast. Their Hainan is the best and I've been coming for 10 years. Cash only.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/savoy-kitchen-alhambra

Couldn’t agree more.
A M u l y o n o

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member

#997 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » February 15th, 2020, 4:00 am

There’s a lot of places in the sgv that do a good hainanese chicken rice. Side chick is my favorite though bc you can request all dark meat.

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#998 Post by c fu » February 17th, 2020, 10:24 am

ehhh on savoy.. ehhh.
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

ITB -Salt Vine Wines

Ramon C

#999 Post by Ramon C » February 17th, 2020, 12:58 pm

French bistro recommendations, anybody? Nothing ultra fancy or high brow or stuffy, but a + if byob allowed and welcomed. Don't want to drive or uber too far, looking to stay near the beaches (Manhattan to Redondo).

Thanks in advance and apologies if already provided in one of the thread pages, t l t r.

Ramon
@brera

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1000 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » February 17th, 2020, 1:21 pm

republique

Return to “Epicurean Exploits - Food and Recipes”