Eating and Drinking in Los Angeles

Food - recipes, reviews, and discussion
J. Rock

Re: Eating and Drinking in Los Angeles

#1151 Post by J. Rock » September 16th, 2020, 2:25 pm

Has anyone dined at Leviathan (or any of the Scratch restaurants recently)? They seem to be using a ton of precautions while serving in this climate (outdoor seating, strict PPE, limited seating, physical dividers, etc.), but I am still not sure it's enough to convince me to dine out. I'd rather hear from someone who has been than see a select few press photos.
J o r d a n

M. Meer

#1152 Post by M. Meer » September 16th, 2020, 3:53 pm

[help.gif]
J. Rock wrote:
September 16th, 2020, 2:25 pm
Has anyone dined at Leviathan (or any of the Scratch restaurants recently)? They seem to be using a ton of precautions while serving in this climate (outdoor seating, strict PPE, limited seating, physical dividers, etc.), but I am still not sure it's enough to convince me to dine out. I'd rather hear from someone who has been than see a select few press photos.
Did takeout at Sushi Bar in August. They had plexiglass at the bar outside with chefs wearing full headgear. I know some people that dined in two weeks ago. As far as I know, they're okay.
Mar.kus

M. Meer

#1153 Post by M. Meer » September 18th, 2020, 10:27 am

c fu wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 2:14 pm
New Moon does a pretty good orange chicken.
Orange chicken was good! Similar texture to the Hop Li in West LA, which has smaller pieces and a bit more tang. We decided to do a takeout throwdown at some point, haha
Mar.kus

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1154 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » September 18th, 2020, 10:40 am

hopli... ugh. still haven't found any decent chinese food (Besides DTF) west of the 710 and north of the 90 (torrance has a few semi-ok places).

Return to “Epicurean Exploits - Food and Recipes”