#201 Post by Mel Hill » December 25th, 2018, 10:38 am

[smileyvault-ban.gif] 🤫12-17 had a touch of ammonia on Saturday night

David K o l i n
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: Rush Creek Reserve!

#202 Post by David K o l i n » February 3rd, 2019, 4:26 pm

1/21 wheel tonight. Perfect
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” T. Roosevelt

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it." J. Goebbels (reprised by D Trump)

Kenny H
GCC Member
GCC Member

#203 Post by Kenny H » February 3rd, 2019, 8:11 pm

Our wheel just before the new year was excellent, if a little tame. The bacon came through with some depth but it did not get funky. Great stuff for sure and at the price no reason to complain, but it has been better for sure.
H0eve!kamp

AlexS
GCC Member
GCC Member

#204 Post by AlexS » February 4th, 2019, 6:27 pm

Kenny H wrote:
February 3rd, 2019, 8:11 pm
Our wheel just before the new year was excellent, if a little tame. The bacon came through with some depth but it did not get funky. Great stuff for sure and at the price no reason to complain, but it has been better for sure.
In my experience, the most "bacony" wheels are the earliest released with the later releases becoming less smoked meats and more of a herbaceous mustard profile.
s t e w @ r t

Kenny H
GCC Member
GCC Member

#205 Post by Kenny H » February 4th, 2019, 7:47 pm

AlexS wrote:
February 4th, 2019, 6:27 pm
Kenny H wrote:
February 3rd, 2019, 8:11 pm
In my experience, the most "bacony" wheels are the earliest released with the later releases becoming less smoked meats and more of a herbaceous mustard profile.
That is very interesting. I also buy their Harbison and I have noted the herbaceous mustard profile you identify. It is outstanding and why I got hooked on this style of cheese. Maybe a good reason some folks choose to age their wheels a few months more.
H0eve!kamp

Doug Sher
GCC Member
GCC Member

#206 Post by Doug Sher » February 6th, 2019, 3:55 pm

Kenny H wrote:
February 4th, 2019, 7:47 pm

That is very interesting. I also buy their Harbison and I have noted the herbaceous mustard profile you identify. It is outstanding and why I got hooked on this style of cheese. Maybe a good reason some folks choose to age their wheels a few months more.
I regret to inform you that Harbison is made by Jasper Hill Farm, not Uplands Cheese Company.

As an aside, the last five Rush Creek Reserves that I have purchased (from Whole Foods) have been badly ammoniated and inedible. I quit buying it. I've had much better luck with Harbison.

Kenny H
GCC Member
GCC Member

#207 Post by Kenny H » February 6th, 2019, 4:01 pm

Doug Sher wrote:
February 6th, 2019, 3:55 pm
Kenny H wrote:
February 4th, 2019, 7:47 pm

I regret to inform you that Harbison is made by Jasper Hill Farm, not Uplands Cheese Company.

As an aside, the last five Rush Creek Reserves that I have purchased (from Whole Foods) have been badly ammoniated and inedible. I quit buying it. I've had much better luck with Harbison.

Typo/brain stall on my part. I buy both and Winnimere.
H0eve!kamp

Return to “Epicurean Exploits”