A personal flannery fest

Yesterday a took delivery on some gorgeous 60 day dry aged kc’s and Jorge’s from flannery. I put them in my freezer and literally one hour later my power went out. It’s been almost 24 hrs and the don’t expect a fix for at least another 12 hrs. The steaks were almost thawed out by the time they went into the freezer, so I don’t have high hopes for them. Guess what is for dinner tonight?

I’m not thrilled with Edison at the moment.

I feel your pain. Lost more than $400 of Flannery two summers ago.
I no longer send my kids downstairs to get Eggos out of the overflow freezer. They left the door ajar, and I lost it all :frowning:

Expecting two of their Rib Caps tomorrow ! flirtysmile

Can’t you put it in some ice packs?

Seriously, spend a few bucks on some dry ice to keep them frozen.

no friends or neighbors w power and a freezer?

Guys, I think you’re missing the point… If he solves the problem, he might not get to gorge on an obscene amount of beef tonight…

I can be there in short order. Seriously. If they are at least cool you should be fine. Had a long talk with Brian when a shipping snafu happened. Steak is not as delicate as people think.
Or bring them to my place and I can freeze them for you.

Thanks guys. The steaks are fine. Power is back on and the steaks remained cool. I’m just going to consume them in short order. They’ll be gone by the end of next week. I was going to drive them down to my parents freezer, but my sister popped out a kid this morning and changed my plans. Family comes before Flannery…most of the time :slight_smile: