Black Salt in DC Closed? How's Dino's Grotto?

Hi DC friends,
Anyone know what the new recreation of Black Salt will be? Is it just a remodeling of the space, or rebranding?

What’s the word on Dino’s Grotto? Enjoyed Dino’s in Cleveland Park, food same/better?

Since my other inquiry about doing a “wine dinner” went unanswered, any other places you would highly recommend?

Grazie,
George

What? I just had dinner at BlackSalt less than two weeks ago.

Highly recommend Dino’s Grotto. Great food and wine friendly. Be sure to check out the reserve list. UPDATE: Black Salt is closed for renovation and will reopen this fall.

Yea- I was at bassins on Saturday, bs looked open…?

It was open. I was there as well as Bassins. Around 2:00, did we cross paths?

HI Brian - did i warn you to not open a 13 gonon? :slight_smile:

Yes you did. I should have paid more attention but I think that was when I was talking to Joe about planning a trip to Burgundy and Champagne next spring.

Re: BlackSalt, just a refresh. They’ll be back open by early November. They had a pipe burst and got 5 inches of water some months back and so that prompted the re-do. As I hear, new bathrooms, some updated back of the house improvements, some paint and new high booths near the front bar. Also, an updated menu with more pasta and Ital. seafood offerings. Fish counter to remain the same.

Black Salt reopens tonight!

happy to hear that black salt is re-opening tonight, but i’ve also found that the other restaurants in the group are also superb if the flagship is down…

dino’s is always fun especially on their special pricing nights…

I really miss my Saturday trips to Bassin’s and lunch at Black Salt…