Pairing with meat loaf

I’m sure you’ve all done it - we have, too. Tonight’s recipe from Bon Apetit calls for some ketchup and hoisin sauce in the mixture, so there’s some zest going on for sure. Normally we’d go for a Bordeaux blend if it was more neutral, but it sounds like Zinfandel might be a good choice, perhaps?

Would a Rhone blend be overpowered by the main course?

Just say no to meatloaf.

Not everybody has steak each evening, Bill…

My wife adores meatloaf, and she is the cook, ergo…

I had sockeye salmon last night…thank you very much.

I am the cook.

I’m shipping one down with the wine for FFII. I’ll put my 80/20 ground where my mouth is… [d_training.gif]

Big fan of homemade meatloaf here. It has an ‘Italian’ twist. (what a shock).

With yours I would do a Pax type of Syrah or a Zin. With mine, a cab (another shock).

Have fun.
M

Exactly.

What do they put in meatloaf south of the Mason Dixon, roadkill?

[shock.gif]

Possum.

Meatloaf rocks…all this poor plantain slinger can afford in these turbulent, sub-prime mortgaged, messy times. Todd, try one of the 07 Cotes du Rhone that Brad Trent or Cris W. have been touting these days. The Domaine de la Garrigue is a 100% Syrah CdR.

Even though I do a 50/50 beef/turkey mix, the gravy is the braising liquid from my short ribs.

Plantain slinger??? The visual on that is a little disturbing Jorge.
Do you need glasses?

Huh? [dontknow.gif]

Plantains man…the noodles of the Caribbean.

That hair didn’t come from his head. [blink.gif]

Rhones, Rhone-ish and zinfandel with meat loaf. Especially if it has hoisin in it. Sounds good. Did I miss the link?

Hmmmm, and what “conditioner” do YOU use buddy? [gen_fro.gif]

This one seems appropriate in more ways than one. “Firming” [blush2.gif]

These silly thread drifts are really annoying!!!

Here I thought we had a serious discussion going on about meatloaf.

You’re gonna have to speak up. Can’t hear much with these massive man-tits pressing against my ear.

OMG

That shit is too weird…

Well, the meat loaf was fantastic - I’m sitting here with a giant gut filled with ground beef, and Scherrer OMV Zinfandel was a perfect pairing.

Good thing I have such great feedback here to guide me when I ask for it.