Restaurants in St Paul or Minneapolis

Food - recipes, reviews, and discussion
Thomas Keim
GCC Member
GCC Member

#51 Post by Thomas Keim » November 26th, 2016, 9:52 am

J0seph S c h e n c k wrote:Any current recommendations for a last minute dinner tonight in MSP? I have made a booking at Bar La Grassa based upon the above recos toting an older Brunello and Barbaresco along. But at $30/apiece for corkage, I'm a bit tentative.

(A search led me here..not sure why this is in 'wine talk')
I thought their corkage was $20? At least it was last time I was there. You aren't going to find a lot of corkage friendly restaurants in the Twin Cities, the restaurant scene here is still behind the times a bit -
ITB - The Yoerg Brewing Company

"What if I fall?" "Oh, but my darling, what if you fly?"

Tim Heaton

#52 Post by Tim Heaton » October 23rd, 2017, 1:07 pm

thanks to all the contributors in this thread; I'm going to The Corner Table tonight, and Alma tomorrow night -- looking forward to both.

My first time to Minne [cheers.gif]
ITB, www.italianwinereviews.com
CT: Tim Heaton

Jeff Leve

Re: Restaurants in St Paul or Minneapolis

#53 Post by Jeff Leve » July 30th, 2019, 10:34 am

Does anyone have tips on the current dining scene in Minneapolis? Is there a must-visit spot you recommend? Any tips are much appreciated.

And is BYO allowed?

James Cross

#54 Post by James Cross » July 30th, 2019, 1:33 pm

All the Minnesnowta liquor laws vary by city. BYO is allowed in Minneapolis; not sure who qualifies; probably someone without a (tightly controlled) liquor license. I've been to a couple of good BYO places in South Minneapolis along 50th Street, roughly 50th/Vincent (or 48th) and 50th/Bryant. Maybe some of the locals could elaborate. That was a few years ago, so maybe they are not even in business now.

David Cooper

#55 Post by David Cooper » August 2nd, 2019, 9:54 am

We had great meals last summer at the Bachelor Farmer, Spoon and Stable and the Corner Table.

The Bachelor Farmer also has a great cafe which does lunch and breakfast. I ate there 3 times and loved it.

Return to “Epicurean Exploits”