My friend Brad on FoodTV Monday night!

I’m so excited to hear from Brad that the Ocean Rose Abalone Farm in Cayucos will be featured in an episode of “Will Work for Food” on Monday night!

A little background:
Here’s a description of the farm on our winery blog: Abalone’s Revenge

A while back, I was emailing back and forth with FoodTV host and Iron Chef judge Chris Cognac, who was brainstorming another version of Alton Brown’s “Road” Series, this time on California’s Highway 1, and I suggested the Abalone farm as a possible stop. Apparently that idea is still in the network spinner, but in the meantime …

Here is Brad’s announcement:

THE ABALONE FARM on FOOD NETWORK

I hope you can watch me put the host to work this Monday night February 16th on:

Will Work for Food

Flipping, tossing, cooking, and entertaining his way through, Adam joins Benihana executive chef Chris Kuwayama for in-depth teppanyaki lessons and access to the restaurant’s signature recipes before serving guests that evening.

Next, Adam works alongside sustainable mollusk expert, Brad Buckley, as an abalone farmer. From harvesting kelp to sorting out abalone by size, Adam grills off and enjoys this costly seafood delicacy with a new appreciation.

Tune In: Check your local schedule. Viewing times vary between cable and satellite providers.

Feb 16, 2009

9:30 ET/6:30 PT

Feb 17, 2009

12:30 AM ET/PT

Feb 22, 2009

4:30 PM ET/PT

Brad Buckley
The Abalone Farm, Inc.
Cayucos, CA

Are these the folks who came to HdR last year?

I don’t know? I gave away my tickets for last year … I don’t think Brad does any outside events.

I’m 99.9% sure these are the folks that were there last year. I don’t think Cayucos has any other abalone farm than the Ocean Rose folks. I’m pretty sure.