Industrial Eats - Buellton

During our trip back west we visited a few folks in the Buellton area including Beserkers Wes Hagen and Larry Schaffer. Both great great guys with a love for wine and food. During our visit we had a terrific dinner at Industrial Eats in Buellton… http://industrialeats.com . It appears that Beserkers had not shared this in the Epicurean Exploits section so I though I would enter it here. As the name suggests it’s in an industrial section of Buellton just off Highway 246 heading the Lompoc direction from US101. The restaurant has family style seating on mostly hightop tables and bar tops. One orders first at the order counter and then sits down with the food being delivered to you. All wines are local by the glass. There is no “kitchen” for food prep but instead 2 wood fired beehive ovens to take care of the cooking. We had 2 flatbread pizzas one which was the wild boar and the other was a wild mushroom and both were done perfectly. The Palmina Dolcetto paired perfectly with the flatbreads. This place has excellent food and drink at great prices. It’s clear the locals love this place. If in the area stop by for lunch or dinner or even a take-out sandwich.

fun place. I’ve eaten there twice. Pretty good food. The wood fire oven stuff is tasty

Do not miss the deli case of age dried steaks, Uni, Muscovy duck, rabbit, chicken, local fish etc. which can be ordered and cooked in the pizza oven. [cheers.gif]

Thanks! Heading up their next weekend for my Birthday. It was already on my radar but now we’ll definitely have to go to Industrial Eats.

On a recent trip to the Los Olivos area we ate there twice - once for dinner (when we ordered the rabbit which was prepared with a simple seasoning of salt and pepper and a cast iron sear, among other things) and the next day for lunch (oysters with uni). Excellent food. Also a shout out to the SY Kitchen - it was fantastic as well.

I love this place. Gluten Free pizza dough as well (try to call ahead to make sure they save you some!)

Found this place on a visit in December and had an excellent lunch. Highly recommended.

Definitely a welcome addition with possibly the best food qpr deal in the valley. All the hot dishes are cooked in the wood oven. I’ll be there this weekend.