Check, Please! in Chicago, new season

Check, Please! is a local TV show in Chicago in which regular people team up to critique each others’ favourite restaurants. It has been syndicated in other cities as well.

For those in Chicago, yours truly will be on the season premiere October 9, 8pm Channel 11. I got the word that the episode we taped was selected for the season’s opening.

Please forgive the shameless post, but I was excited at the news!

Are they going to have Obama back on?

Can’t wait, Wilfred.

What did they pour for you on set?

A lovely grenache as I recall, David. :slight_smile:

As for Obama, I think you can view it on their website. Fun to watch!

Wilfred–

Thanks for mentioning this. Check, Please! is one of my favorites. Looking forward to seeing this episode. Did you get a chance to talk wine with Alpanah Singh?

Greg

Will you be letting the folks over on LTH know that you are going to be on TV?

We did get a chance to talk about wine; that was fun. Mel, decided not to post it there as they’re a bit wild.

Personally, I liked some of the other words you have used to describe them… [stirthepothal.gif]

Can you tell us what restaurants will be covered on your show?

FWIW,

A few wine board members have been on CP

Chicago: Joe Wu

SF: Jamie Kutch

Hi Mel

I’m not sure what the rules are–I signed a lot of papers indicating I wouldn’t tell what went on during the taping but not sure about mentioning the restaurants. I’ll try and find out.

Don’t bother, I’ll just watch the show!

http://www.wttw.com/main.taf?erube_fh=cp&cp.submit.restaurantDetail=1&cp.id=269" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Commander in Chief as food critic…

Sounds like a fun time Wilfred. Link it up if you can.

blue 13 must be your pick…

Good to see you on the teasers, Wilfred. DVR’ing tonight’s show

Tivo’d it from CA to my house via the internet…gotta love the internet…

Look forward to seeing it when I get back Wilfred… David Manilow is a very nice guy…

Thanks, guys! Should be fun.

Congrats on your “Check Please” debut tonight Wilfred! I remember you mentioned the possibility of your being taped for the show when I was back there in May. I wish I was in the vicinity to watch it. I’ll see what I can do to track it down online this weekend.

If you find it online, let us know Richard…

Watch NOW! http://www.wttw.com/main.taf?p=1,5

Click on Blue 13 under the the Video

Congrats Wilfred, send me a link when becomes available

I had not seen your head’s up, and I posted on this (ahem) elsewhere… Anyway, nice job, Wilfred. I don’t think we could tolerate your selection, though.