Veleta Gourmet - Berserker Blowout - FREE SHIPPING!!

Hi fellow Berserkers!! Congratulations to Todd for yet another great year!!

This is the 4th year that Veleta has been able to participate in the annual BerserkerDay festivities and we are breaking the mold!

Gourmets of Spain.jpg
Veleta Gourmet Items

• BDGEV17
2017 Harvest Veleta Extra Virgin Olive Oil 500ml
Deal $90 for 6 bottles
FREE shipping to continental USA - excluding AK and HI

• BDGEV16
2016 Harvest Veleta Extra Virgin Olive Oil 500ml
Deal $72 for Case of 6

• BDG-JS BoneIn
Jamon Serrano Gran Reserva Whole Bone-In
Deal $195 Approx. 7-8kg - 15-17.5 lbs
Aged 15 months

• BDG-QM
Queso Manchego D.O.P.
Deal $24 for 500gm / 1.1lbs mini wheel

• BDG-QI
Queso Iberico
Deal $20 for 500gm / 1.1lbs mini wheel

• BDGSV
Veleta Premium Sherry Vinegar 375ml
Deal $90 for 6 bottles

• BDGMV
Veleta Balsamic Vinegar of Modena 250ml
Deal $72 for Case of 6

• BDGSAR-6
Veleta Small Sardines
Deal $48 for 6 cans

• BDGSAR-50
Veleta Small Sardines
Deal $325 for Case of 50

• BDGTUN-6
Veleta White Tuna
Deal $48 for 6 cans

• BDGTUN-50
Veleta White Tuna
Deal $325 for Case of 50

• BDGEV17SV
Veleta 2017 EVOO & Sherry Vinegar Combo
Deal $90 3 bottles of each

• BDGEV16SV
Veleta 2016 EVOO & Sherry Vinegar Combo
Deal $80 3 bottles of each

• BDG-EV17MV
Veleta 2017 EVOO & Modena Vinegar Combo
Deal $80 3 bottles of each

• BDG-EV16MV
Veleta 2016 EVOO & Modena Vinegar Combo
Deal $70 3 bottles of each

TO ORDER

http://www.gourmetsofspain.com/store/c6/Berserker_Day_Deals.html

For Free Shipping please use the code FREESHIP Before you check out! flirtysmile

VELETA BERSERKER DAY DEALS.

[u] SHIPPING TIMES[/u]**
As most other offers here on Berserker Day, we will not ship when there is a possibility for very cold weather. We will be in contact to let you know when I see favorable shipping temperatures.
Some of my products have not yet arrived to the US (2017 Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar of Modena, and many of my new wines. I anticipate the arrival of our container to Dayton by the first to second week of March 2017. The Jamones and cheeses will be shipped separately and will be arriving from the producer. The jamon producer is approved for importation and the jamon will pass a variety of regulations to assure the customer they are getting a perfect prodcuct. I will post updates in a thread as soon as I know more about the arrival dates. Upon the container arrivals I will send buyers a personal notification.

About Veleta Wines and Dominio Buenavista

The village of Ugíjar is located on the south bank of Sierra Nevada, in the province of Granada and rests in one of the oldest wine producing areas of Spain. Around the year 2500 B.C., 4,500 years ago, the inhabitants on the south part of the Iberian Peninsula managed to domesticate the “Vitis Vitis” from which the actual ‘Vitis Vinifera’ evolved.

Together with olive oil, wine has been a staple in the diet of the Mediterranean people since the Bronze Age. The south part of Spain provides an exceptional climate for the growth of vines. Temperatures of 20-25 degrees centigrade and precipitation of 400-500 liters per square meter from fall to spring together with a constant summer drought, provides optimal maturation of our grapes. The Contraviesa in the Granada Alpujarra County has produced good quality and popular wines since ancient times.

Traditionally, wines from this region were produced by blending different types of grapes (white and red) resulting in a rustic, pale red wine with a funky, grapy character. This local wine is referred to as “Costa”.

The winery Dominio Buenavista introduced in the valley varieties unknown to the region, such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, and Chardonnay. The results, thanks to our soil and unique microclimate, have been excellent. Our wines have achieved recognition by world-renowned wine critics, connoisseurs and tasting groups as well as having received numerous awards in wine competitions in both the US and in Spain. Most importantly the idea of producing high quality monovarietal wines in the region has driven numerous wineries to follow the trend. As of the 2009 vintage the province of Granada has been recognized as a Protected Dominion of Origin, D.O.P. Granada.

Click on the link above to Airpano of the Alhambra in Granada!! Enjoy!!

What’s the best way to eat the canned sardine/tuna?
i’ve wanted t try for a couple of years now but we don’t eat canned fish usually but people on the forum seem to love it.
quick/simple recipe ideas? :slight_smile:

Any thoughts on 2016 vs 2017 EVOO?

Virgil

Mark,

The sardines are amazing straight out of the can. All you need is some crusty bread to sop up that delicious oil. Same for the tuna (but I can see it working on a Nicoise salad). These are NOT meant for cooking.

Is the 2017 EVOO in bottle now?

This. Same goes for the tuna. The oil infused with the fish is heavenly.

Nola,

What brand is the Serrano? Veleta or something else?

Hi Mark, sorry for the delay in answering. They are great right out of the can, not fishy tasting. But you can also do things with them.here is one that is great.

Sardinas al Horno

1-2 cans Veleta Sardines
1-2 cloves of garlic
1/2 onion
1 regular can of crushed tomatoes
Veleta EVOO
salt
saffron threads
Veleta Sherry Vinegar

in a sauce pan heat the EVOO and add chopped garlic and then onion. Saute until soft. Add the tomatoes,salt to taste and add a couple threads of saffron. Saute until the liquid has cooked down. Place the sardines in a small baking dish, add the tomato sauce over the top and sprinkle a touch of the Sherry vinegar, place in oven 350F for 15 - 20 minutes and then serve with toasted crust bread…

I am still really enjoying the 2016… and the 2017 isn’t here yet. No defects, still delicious!

They are bottling it at the farm this and next week! I was finally able to get the dark bottle. Had to redesign the labels etc…

Is there a difference between these two offers?

Nola; I am curious as well. Can you tell us a bit about the jamon?

Thanks!
Marshall [berserker.gif]

Ahhhh the Jamon!!! flirtysmile [snort.gif] [snort.gif] [snort.gif]

It is produced by a Jamonera in Almeria called Jamones de Seron Cortijo de Canata. The area has been a well known area for Jamon for quite some time. To get USDA and FDA approval to import in the US is a tremendous PITA but they did it. They are smaller by far than 5J’s, Navidul, and most other producers. The Jamones are cured for a minimum of 15 months and are their Gran Reserva. Their first shipment will be good to go in Feb. Right now we will bring them in under their label and see how it goes. Putting the Veleta name is something we will absolutely consider in the future.

Oh and I will be able to get boneless in the future, but they cannot be shipped via air freight and requires a refrigerated container, so the only ones I am bringing in right now are the bone-in type.

Yep, it is a typo… the first is with the 2017 harvest EVOO and the second is the 2016 Harvest… I will fix it now! Thank you flirtysmile flirtysmile flirtysmile

From the codes, it looks like the -EV16MV is the 2016

P Hickner

Down to my last bottle of EVOO from BD a couple years ago, kept in a cool dark closet, still so good.

Use it up and order more!!! [wow.gif] [wow.gif] it is good for you!!! flirtysmile

These type of canned items are VASTLY different from what we produce in the US. Night and day difference. As folks have noted, they are excellent straight out of the can with little more than a bit of bread or toast. Indeed, using the oil as a separate ingredient in other recipes is a great idea as it has a flavor all its own.

If I were not already in so deep in a few other offers I would be all over this.

I only wish I had the space to grab on of the hams! Oh how I wish I could get one!

I keep my spare EVOO in the wine cellar until needed.

That ham looks too good to pass up.

P Hickner

Done