Riverain TRB Cab and Syrah!!!

First, a big thank you to Todd who makes this happen. It is fantastic to see this grow into a huge event.

Our offer is detailed below, but the sum of it is 20% off any three pack, mix and match is ok. For any six pack or greater 30% of off and the shipping will be free if you like us on Facebook and/or follow us on Instagram.

Riverain focuses on single vineyard wines from great sources. Our winemaker, Thomas Rivers Brown, needs no introduction. He and his team bring incredible focus to getting the details right, especially farming, yields and meticulous vinification.

Tench Vineyard, the source of our flagship Cabernet, was less well known when we started in 2011, but has risen to prominence as the location (next to Screaming Eagle) and huge success of the wines from this vineyard.

Those skills led to some very nice scores, on both Cellartracker and from Mr. Parker (94 for the 2014 Cabernet offered below).

This year we preview our 2014 offer (which will be released to the mailing list in March).

Both wines remind of the 2012s, but younger of course. Sampling both wines out of tank, just before bottling, really gave us an idea of the vintage. Both had a silkiness and “completeness” to them that we do not always see early on. Each wine has true varietal character, with the Syrah black olive and pepper components and the Cabernet blackberry and a bit of graphite. Bottling has tightened both wines up (but not nearly as much as in 2013), so if you are inclined to pop one early, a decant will definitely help.

The weather in 2014 was consistent without any crazy heat spikes. Drought likely factored into the concentration, but the yield was average for us (less than 2013, but better than the super low 2015)).

Costs on producing world class Cabernet from a prime spot in Oakville have risen, but we think our pricing is very competitive for the quality.

The wines:

2014 Oakville Cabernet, Tench Vineyard

This is a luscious, deeply fruited Cab. Dark purple, with an expressive nose of blackberry, graphite and hints of cherry and raspberry. The palate flows through with these same tastes. Eastern Oakville provides the good acidity and smooth tannins that set the wine apart and make for a long finish and silky mouthfeel. Very approachable, but should improve with 2-10 years of bottle age.
2014 Bennett Valley Cardiac Hill Syrah

Our Cote Rotie styled Syrah from a steep north facing slope. This is all Estrella River clone. Fermented with 40% whole cluster. This is near black, with a violet rim. This reminds me of the 2012, with prominent blackberry, black olive and cracked pepper. The tannin and acids are well integrated. More approachable than the 2013, but will age for many years. The whole cluster adds the spice and the aroma and flavor profiles scream Syrah.

The Offer

Please visit http://www.riverainvineyards.com If you have not signed up previously, you will need to do so so your information is captured by the system. Both wines are 20% or 30% off the 2017 mailing list price. Please use the promo code Berserker when you order to get this pricing.

Mix and match is ok on any of these offers.

Cabernet, (normally $125 per) is now $100 per with a three pack purchase and $87.50 per with a six pack purchase.
Syrah, (normally $50) is $40 per with a three pack purchase and $35 per with a six pack purchase.
Free ground shipping is included on all orders if you like us on Facebook or follow us on Instagram. There is a three bottle minimum, but mix and match is fine.
Please note we will credit back your shipping charges if a charge appears one the FB/Instagram is completed.

Here are the links

We will ship these in February and March as the weather allows.

Thanks, as always, for your interest. If you have any questions feel free to email me at steve@riverainvineyards.com

I’m in for six cabs. A no brainer on this wine. And with this steep discount, palease. Buy buy buy.

Previously already liked Riverain on Facebook. Still hoping for free shipping.

No Shipping to MA?

No problem Joe I will adjust it soon. Thanks for the order

Paul,
We are working on that and if you can be patient for a few months we should be able to get it to you. Thanks

Hi Steve,

The form won’t let me proceed without choosing a shipping State. Should I just hold off?

Thanks,

Steve - Are you shipping to PA?

You can use will call and I will make sure they get to you.

Same for Pennsylvania

Let me help a brother out…

• 2014 Riverain Cabernet Sauvignon - USA, California, Napa Valley, Oakville (10/30/2016)
    Darn it, had I known these were not released yet I would have taken a detailed tasting note. Steve had 4 or 5 of these just sitting out on the table with the rest of the afternoons ensemble. Deeply saturated color. Very good concentration, black currant, blackberry, medium toast, chewy tannins and surprisingly approachable for literally pulling the cork and dumping into the glass. The Warden gave two thumbs way up on this wine, her favorite of the day, and she’s the Cabernet connoisseur in the family. Additionally, I heard a rumor that this wine just received a nice fat score if you follow those things.

Posted from CellarTracker

Love this Cab. Definitely IN.

I’m in. Easy follow on instagram! Thanks

Hoping this holds out until tomorrow. Loved the 2013 Syrah last night, but not doing transactions on unsecured airport wifi!

Oh, and followed on Instagram this AM.

Ok what am I missing go to the site and only 2013 is offered… signed up for the mailing list and double liked on facebook and Instagram…

Berserker in the code box… doh!.. Order in! [cheers.gif]

Thanks to everyone for all of the orders so far!

In for my traditional BD purchase of a couple of each (and I have followed on FB).

In for the Cab and a follow on Instagram

In for 6 Syrahs and liked on Facebook.

Such a deal! :slight_smile:

Thanks for all of the FB and Instagram! I will take care of the adjustment for everyone’s shipping by the weekend.

in for a cab three pack