Library Love from VIRAGE NAPA VALLEY! 1-click bundles and... Dry Rosé!

Warm up your credit cards and come on in, as here is where you will find all the BerserkerDay offers - open to EVERYONE who loves wine. Apologize to your spouse or significant other ahead of time. Offers are posted in groups of 10-12 every 30 minutes - Auctions preview at 9:00 am PST
Emily Richer
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#1 Post by Emily Richer » January 25th, 2017, 3:49 pm

Hi Everyone! You know how I LOVE this day--my SIXTH BerserkerDay!!

If you're new to Virage: Do you love rich fruit, complexity, depth, and minerality? Welcome to the cooler side of Napa Valley and the "Right-Bank" blend.
Enjoy!

LIBRARY LOVE 4PK - 20% discount - $192
(2) x 2007 Virage BDX Blend. WE92 HYDE VINEYARDS Cab Franc & our nearby hillside Merlot in Forward soils that delivers deep structure and dark chocolate; a layered, dark, complex blend showing incredibly rich fruit (yes, still), an exceptionally aromatic and engaging wine that pairs well with deep conversation! LESS THAN 40 CASES LEFT, and I'll be crying when they're gone.
(2) x 2008 Virage BDX Blend (same vineyard sources, complex, anise-laced black cherry, so smooth this wine inspired my motto 'Cabernet Franc is the pinot-lover's Bordeaux.' Mid-weight crowd pleaser!)
$15 fixed shipping option
30 paks available today

LIBRARY LOVE 6PK - I can't help it! I'm drinking the 2010 as I type, 3rd day open, and it's just phenomenal...aged beautiies, chose your favorite and reorder by end of May for the same price! $279
(2) x 2007 (notes above)
(2) x 2008 (notes above)
(2) x 2010 - She is 2007's kid sister and maturing into a vibrant, complex young woman! Berries, black plum, deep black cherry and pomegranate, Espresso, bitter chocolate, toasted almond, the rich minerals, the succulence, this wine is singing... Jean Hoefliger's favorite (Hi Jean).
20 paks available today

FRIENDLY FLYER 3PK - What I'm drinking now, one of each $117.60
2010 Red (notes above)
2011 Red pomegranate and crushed rocks, W&S92 "pure cassis refinement", fine-grain tannin structure, concentrated lovely fruit
2015 Dry Rosé of Cabernet Franc - Beautiful, aromatic, peach kernel & sea-spray fresh Provencal-style rosé, my best yet
Great trial pak for Virage newbies, order x2 so you don't have just one each! [wink.gif]
Here's a link to my blogging on the blending session for 2010 https://viragevineyards.wordpress.com/2 ... ding-2010/
40 paks available today

KILLER CASE DEAL - Dang it, I promised myself I wouldn't do this... Can't help it!! - huge savings - $499 includes shipping
A sampling of every red I still have (2) each: 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011 (notes above) plus (1) x 2012 a sleek, dark, polished beauty, very long......and (1) x 2012 Barrel Select - chewy chocolatey, single-barrel goodness, only a few left, WE94! and (2) of the BEST rosé I have ever made 2015 Dry Rosé of Cabernet Franc from Oak Knoll, this is a beautiful whole-cluster pressed rosé, stirred on its lees, lotta love in this bottling, you need this for winter shellfish!
More details on all the wines online.
10 cases available today
A winner for bargain-hunting Berserkers who re-stock every year on Berserker Day....
It's OK, I love you all! grouphug

MORE ON THE STYLE
All these reds are intriguing, layered, aromatic Cabernet Franc-Merlot-Cabernet Sauvignon blends, from cooler-climate Napa Valley with character reminiscent of Right Bank Bordeaux in their depth, complexity, deep fruit character and minerality. The richness in Virage wines comes from slowly-ripened fruit in cooler climate zones, where aromatics, sugars and tannins ripen in balance and grapes retain their natural acid complex. Judicious use of French oak barrels--these flavors come from the hand-worked fruit, not heavy toasted oak. Aged until their ready to bottle. This is a small, personal operation, striving to attain the balance, beauty and age-ability of traditional St. Emilion-style blends.
Lots of TN's on WB.
CellarTracker http://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=939629
and nice press at http://www.viragenapavalley.com/press. The last red release was a WE94!

SHIPPING NOTE: I cannot ship to New York, New Hampshire, and Kentucky. I ship via FedEx and the flat-rate shipping (or free shipping offers here) are for GROUND shipping. My ecommerce system will charge you sales tax in your state if I have a tax account (for example, Washington), or you will be charged California sales tax for your sale taking place in California; I'm merely expediting shipping of your wine to yourself, purchased in California at this event. If possible, please use a BUSINESS ADDRESS for Ship-To, or in the comments please tell me "Ok to HOLD at local FedEx" for you to pick up. I will start shipping as weather permits. Please choose "PERSONAL DELIVERY" for shipping to local storage services in California Wine Country like 55 Degrees or if you have an account with Stagecoach or Buffalo, etc. to consolidate your haul for you :) I'll deliver to them personally. Thank you!!

Questions? Just reply. I'll be here all day, sipping rosé and looking for mineral-drenched whites. [cheers.gif]

[resizeableimage=300,300]http://www.viragenapavalley.com/v/vspfi ... BD12-2.jpg[/resizeableimage]

LATE ADDITION: Rosé 6PK!
3:00PM Pre-Launch, multiple outcries there's no rosé deal, so here's a 6PK Rosé for $20 each!
Berserkers know my obsession with great rosé. My pole star is Bandol (Domaine Tempier was my first rosé love), although the best rosé I ever tasted was 2012 Domaine Vacheron (Sancerre). If you ever see 2014 Clos Cibonne Tibouren in a scary green burgundy bottle, this is a very wonderful wine ~$32, aged in oak puncheons, allowing flor to develop on the wine, sounds nuts but crackling kumquat goodness.

Virage 2015 is my SIXTH Rosé vintage, sheer, delicate beauty. 100% Cabernet Franc. I find CabFranc produces a clean, savory rosé--my preference is mineral/stone and pink/white fruits, high thiol aromas, not perfume/floral. Just six tons picked at 21brix - half destemmed/macerated, and the other half whole-cluster pressed - fermented cool, separately, then blended. 2015 is the most aromatically expressive Virage rosé yet. Almond, peach-kernel, sea-spray, pink grapefruit and a kind of salinity, it's very clean... I think "Brut Rosé without bubbles," Erez L likens it to a still wine he once tasted in Champagne, which is the greatest compliment ever. ABV 12.6%! You need this wine for shellfish, for prosciutto/charcuterie platters, for sushi, for fish stews, and my favorites fish tacos and paella.... lunch, brunch, first course, year-round. FOR FANS OF 2014, it's tasting better than ever--we pressed a bit harder in 2014, it's wee darker and more tangerine/peach in flavors compared to 2015, harvested at 22b, and the tannins contribute to ageability. I still pour it through an aerator! Killer with spicy sausage, grilled salmon, rosemary roast chicken/pork. Bracing freshness it cuts a rich lobster dish perfectly. Just add in the notes if you want a few 14's in the mix from my private stash. Cheers!
Last edited by Emily Richer on January 26th, 2017, 6:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Virage Napa Valley
Winemaker, Owner & Shipping Clerk

B Norton

Library Love from VIRAGE NAPA VALLEY! 1-click bundles

#2 Post by B Norton » January 26th, 2017, 8:04 am

I'll be in for a case.
Always a BD favorite.
ben

Emily Richer
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#3 Post by Emily Richer » January 26th, 2017, 2:13 pm

My favorite review on WB!

Dan R: http://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/vie ... 2#p1983692
Dan R wrote:Ok, this wine...searching for superlatives...rocks. Is delicious. Super tasty. I agree with the sentiments above, it took waaaaaaay too long for me to find Virage.

First impression is, this is a wine of balance. I'm not speaking of balance in the traditional way - although it's got that too - in terms of the balance of its components. But, more uniquely, this shows balance in terms of the style spectrum. It speaks to traditional Napa - red fruited, with structure, acidity, cedar/earth/soil notes, purity of fruit, aging potential (it's my only data point, but it seems to still be on the upswing, judging by its evolution over the course of the evening). But, it's got a foot in modernity as well - it's a rich, intense, concentrated wine, explosive in flavor and definitely not shy.

Red fruits on the attack - currant, Santa Rosa plum, even a bit of macerated cherry in its core. These characters seem to give the wine some lift that is so often missing from typical Napa cabs - no dull, cumbersome, dark fruit/oak/overextraction here. Pondering the wine as I sip it slowly, it is on the midpalate where the flavor profile both broadens and deepens. Here, the bitter chocolate, dusty earth, herbs come into focus; elevating the experience and enhancing the complexity. It finishes long, polished, and elegant.

The tannins! Perfect. Chewy, round, ripe. They frame the wine, giving it focus, but with a total lack of astringency or verdancy or other distracting qualities. This is not somebody's first attempt at tannin management, this is serious high end Napa winemaking here.

Bravo and thank you, Emily! And thank you Berserker Day for the impetus to try this outstanding friggin wine.
Virage Napa Valley

brigcampbell
GCC Member
GCC Member

#4 Post by brigcampbell » January 26th, 2017, 3:06 pm

You told me I was your favorite! LOL
  • 2007 Virage Vineyards - USA, California, Napa Valley (1/22/2011)
    Falltacular 2011 (FMIII in the OC): Wow, is this an awesome wine. I had a taste 15 seconds after the bottle was opened (with the owner, thank you) and the wine was excellent, a couple hours and you're telling me it'll be better? Yikes, good juice. Very interesting complexity with pencil shaving weaving in and out through the palate and finish. Great mouthfeel. (93 pts.)
Posted from CellarTracker

Scott Watkins
GCC Member
GCC Member

#5 Post by Scott Watkins » January 26th, 2017, 3:21 pm

No way! she told me mine was her favorite neener

4/5/2013 - I like this wine:

I have had nearly a case of this wine and I cannot believe that I have not put up any tasting notes. First off this wine is beautiful! On the nose cranberry's, black cherries, earth and a floral note. Taste raspberries black cherries, leather earth black currants beautifully, waves of flavors hit you and a long finish, beautifully structured and balanced.
“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

Emily Richer
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#6 Post by Emily Richer » January 26th, 2017, 4:02 pm

I should edit that post to say the most-recent favorite! Thanks Scott and Brig. Love you guys! Scott had to pick up his wines at a gas station. Not so elegant, really. Scott - check out the rosé deal I just added for you!
Virage Napa Valley

Scott Watkins
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7 Post by Scott Watkins » January 26th, 2017, 4:06 pm

Emily Richer wrote:I should edit that post to say the most-recent favorite! Thanks Scott and Brig. Love you guys! Scott had to pick up his wines at a gas station. Not so elegant, really. Scott - check out the rosé deal I just added for you!
I'm on it this year Emily...it's been too long!

Emily Richer
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#8 Post by Emily Richer » January 27th, 2017, 7:32 am

GOOD MORNING BERSERKERS!! Up and at 'em here with a nice cup of Peet's Moka Java :)
Virage Napa Valley

Charlie Carnes
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9 Post by Charlie Carnes » January 27th, 2017, 7:36 am

In for a Library love mixer!
So shines a good deed in a weary world!

Mike Stoneking
GCC Member
GCC Member

#10 Post by Mike Stoneking » January 27th, 2017, 7:39 am

Grabbed the Library Love 6 pack bundle. Looking forward to my first taste of your wines.
ITB..............Someone has to drink all this damn wine.
Viva Berserkers!!

B Norton

#11 Post by B Norton » January 27th, 2017, 7:41 am

Yea, I got 1 of the 10 case offers.

This wine is great and at these prices for library selections it's a steal. Love the Cab Franc Rose too, my absolute favorite rose.
I always look for Virage every Berserker Day.
ben

TGigante
GCC Member
GCC Member

#12 Post by TGigante » January 27th, 2017, 7:43 am

Grabbed a 6 pk of the Rose
Cheers,
Tony

Emily Richer
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#13 Post by Emily Richer » January 27th, 2017, 7:49 am

B Norton wrote:Yea, I got 1 of the 10 case offers.

This wine is great and at these prices for library selections it's a steal. Love the Cab Franc Rose too, my absolute favorite rose.
I always look for Virage every Berserker Day.
Many thanks for the kind words Ben! I try to keep my prices where wine lovers order by the case and DRINK them :)
Virage Napa Valley

T. Altmayer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14 Post by T. Altmayer » January 27th, 2017, 7:54 am

Sounds like my style, picked up a 3-pak to see. Looking forward to it.
Tom

Michael Martin
GCC Member
GCC Member

#15 Post by Michael Martin » January 27th, 2017, 7:55 am

Looking forward to trying my 4 pack. Thanks Emily!

mattcitrang
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16 Post by mattcitrang » January 27th, 2017, 7:56 am

Back for more. Love these wines.

Emily Richer
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#17 Post by Emily Richer » January 27th, 2017, 8:09 am

Smart lawyer in Seattle goes for 6PK library reds and 6PK rose' - nice package!!
Virage Napa Valley

Er€z _ L.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#18 Post by Er€z _ L. » January 27th, 2017, 8:21 am

I'd take a 6pk rose, and figure out where to send that later.
Make America France Again [thankyou.gif]
£ € n c n @ r

Bdklein

#19 Post by Bdklein » January 27th, 2017, 8:44 am

In for a 6 pack of the Rose
Bruce Klein

Emily Richer
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#20 Post by Emily Richer » January 27th, 2017, 8:48 am

Bdklein wrote:In for a 6 pack of the Rose
Thank you Bruce! Wow, the rose's are flying this morning.... good thing I didn't put a limit.
Virage Napa Valley

Scott Watkins
GCC Member
GCC Member

#21 Post by Scott Watkins » January 27th, 2017, 9:31 am

Good morning Emily! in for that 6-pack! although I thought it was much more fun picking up my wine from a gas station [wow.gif]

Dave McIsaac
BerserkerDay Champion
BerserkerDay Champion

#22 Post by Dave McIsaac » January 27th, 2017, 9:33 am

In for the rose, but the reds are killah too!

Hi Emily champagne.gif

chrisloretta
GCC Member
GCC Member

#23 Post by chrisloretta » January 27th, 2017, 9:56 am

In for the library 6. Thanks Emily!

Emily Richer
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#24 Post by Emily Richer » January 27th, 2017, 9:58 am

chrisloretta wrote:In for the library 6. Thanks Emily!
Chris, you rock, thank you, LOVE seeing re-orders!! And always love seeing that cute pup face :)
Virage Napa Valley

NikkiWineNerdNelson
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#25 Post by NikkiWineNerdNelson » January 27th, 2017, 10:01 am

T. Altmayer wrote:Sounds like my style, picked up a 3-pak to see. Looking forward to it.
These sounds delicious Tom and Emily I am already loving your style. I have to grab something today for sure. Thanks for creating some outstanding offers! Cheers! champagne.gif

UPDATE: I so wanted to try the reds too but, I need mas pink in my life! 6 pack Rosé ordered - can't wait! flirtysmile
Last edited by NikkiWineNerdNelson on January 27th, 2017, 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
chief of liquid / wine nerd

SethM
GCC Member
GCC Member

#26 Post by SethM » January 27th, 2017, 10:06 am

Emily,

This is a super offering from you. Looking forward to another case of wine:).

Thanks,

Seth
M for Miller=The champagne of bottled beers

Emily Richer
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#27 Post by Emily Richer » January 27th, 2017, 10:48 am

Er€z _ L. wrote:I'd take a 6pk rose, and figure out where to send that later.
Make America France Again [thankyou.gif]
Erez, let's ship to Virage Restaurant for you to pick up (if oK with them)? I have a wholesale license in NY, can ship to licensed retailers :-)
Virage Napa Valley

John Oglesby

#28 Post by John Oglesby » January 27th, 2017, 11:47 am

I have to chime in that I am a fan of the wines from Virage. The Rose is rather magnificent and in my top 5 Rose's made in California. The right bank blend is also a stellar and well made wine year in / year out. It's one you can drink now or sit on for 15 years.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
ITB

RG Barron

#29 Post by RG Barron » January 27th, 2017, 12:26 pm

In for a library 6-pack - can't wait to try these, as they sound right up my alley.

Emily Richer
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#30 Post by Emily Richer » January 27th, 2017, 2:45 pm

The winemaker is purring! We have passed all former BerserkerDay records, and so far over a dozen repeat buyers of Virage wine - way cool!! I know from the order comments all the newbies are going to be happy with their choices. Still room in my "inventory" for each bundle and no limits on rose'--
So very very grateful for the support!
Virage Napa Valley

Paul Hiyake
GCC Member
GCC Member

#31 Post by Paul Hiyake » January 27th, 2017, 6:05 pm

Love me some Virage! And Emily is terrific - working with me to customize an order!

Emily Richer
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#32 Post by Emily Richer » January 27th, 2017, 9:11 pm

OK, tired but happy peeps:
(1) THIS OFFER WILL BE LIVE UNTIL MIDNITE (or until I disable the "bundles" this weekend, or they sell out whichever comes first)
(2) ONE SMART BERSERKER just built a GREAT CUSTOM 6PK = Library Love 4PK + (2) Rose' = such a nice package I recommend this highly! To order, just drop any number of 4PK bundles in your cart, add 2 bottles of rose' (or more) and use coupon code *CLUB* at checkout for a 20% discount on the rose's

Cheers, heartfelt enormous thanks, and good night !!!
Virage Napa Valley

Return to “BerserkerDay VIII (January 27, 2017)”