Maison Harbour Bourgogne Pinot Noir and Chardonnay

Oh Happy BeserkerDay!

Five years ago we quit our jobs working in finance and moved to Burgundy to stick our feet in some of the best Pinot Noir and Chardonnay grapes we could find. Now, here we are with our third vintage, 2015, shipping this Spring.

To get a better idea of who we are, hit play on the video below to see the highlights from our 2014 harvest.
[vimeo]109045994[/vimeo]Our goal with Maison Harbour and our limited production (<500 cases) wines is to connect directly with people who love wine. Berserker day gives us a special opportunity to do just that. We are so excited to have the chance to share a couple very special wines with you today. So grab a case while they last and try these wines that we put so much more than just our feet into.

Berserker Bourgogne
Our last cases of Bourgogne Pinot Noir and Chardonnay from 2014 and 2015 are up for grabs…

Case (12x750ml) / 360 EUR - Free Shipping

Bourgogne Pinot Noir 2014
2 cases available - Sold

This is a serious little wine. It is produced from organic grapes we purchased from a small parcel on the outskirts of Vosne-Romanée that was planted in 1988. Minimal intervention, indigenous yeast/bacteria, no fining, unfiltered.

Bill Nanson shared, “Côte de Nuits from near Vosne. Quite a nice width of aroma here though much more modest depth after the Vosne. Round, a nice sweetness of fruit, indeed for a Bourgogne good texture and cushioned intensity - this is actually very, very good from the mid-pallet onwards, a wine that opens out from narrow beginnings. Super good length.”

Bourgogne Chardonnay 2014
1 case available - Sold

If you didn’t score as much Chardonnay as you would have liked from the “vintage of a generation” for white Burgundy… here is your chance. Coming from the hills above the village of Pernand-Vergelesses in the Hautes Côtes these grapes turned into some delicious wine! Minimal intervention, indigenous yeast/bacteria, no stirring, racked once, no fining, light filtration.

There was so little of this made that it all gobbled up by friends and family… this case is the only case we will sell of this wine!

Bourgogne Chardonnay 2015
3 cases available - Sold

A beautiful growing season, a passionate organic and biodynamic grower… the stars aligned for us on this one. These grapes come from a small parcel of Chardonnay nestled in the Côte de Nuits near the famous Chateau Clos Vougeot… as usual, minimal intervention, indigenous yeast/bacteria, no stirring, racked once, no fining, light filtration.

Jancis Robinson just tasted in London last week and had the following to say, “simple, neutral, creamy palate. Dry, saline finish with good persistence and leesy texture. Good quality for Bourgogne level, with classic restraint combined with a textural palate. (RH)Drink 2016-2019 - 16”

Bill Nanson noted, “A different supplier to 2014 here from Côte de Nuits, across from the Clos de Vougeot. A large nose, fresh detail, citrus and a little sweet oak. Hmm, this is nicer than the nose hinted, it’s rather mineral, silkily textured and has decent drive despite plenty of concentration. A really good finish that’s bright but far from simple. Lovely…”
The Details

To order, just send us an email, contact@maisonharbour.com. Please provide your shipping details. Invoices will be emailed and payment can be completed by credit card online.

Cases sold, first paid, first served… We will cover the shipping… FREE SHIPPING! No surprises, the price you see is the price you pay, wine delivered.

The 2014s will ship immediately, weather permitting. The 2015s will ship this spring.

Cheers,
Nicholas, Colleen (& little Jack) Harbour

Interested in future offers, following our story or coming to visit us? Send us an email, contact@maisonharbour.com

Maison Harbour | Burgundy, France
24 rue Chanson Maldant | Savigny-lès-Beaune 21420

I’ll take the 2014 Bourgogne. These wines are awesome. If you didn’t buy any last year, you missed out. The Chardonnay is particularly excellent. Email sent.

Which one, white or red? Email sent for a case of the pinot. I was bummed they didn’t have any Bourgogne Pinot Noir for 2015. I thought it was a fantastic food wine.

even more sad you won’t be in Burgundy when we are now…

The white. I do like the Pinot too.

We are on our second case of the Bourgogne Rouge and it’s lovely. Some of the nicest people you will ever have the pleasure of meeting who also happen to make great wine.

Great stuff here… and Nicholas is a great guy! I need to get some more Pinot…

email sent

In for a case of whatever’s left

Such a great response from all you Berserkers… Thank you for your support! Really happy to be a part of this event and more importantly the community here.

Baby Jack was going Berserker all day and we are just exhausted, signing out… will pick up in the morning.

and… please… don’t tell my dad I sold a few of his bottles today!

Nicholas set me up with a mixed case to try out. This is how we should be buying our wines direct from Burgundy, not from some flim flam artist. Nicholas and Colleen are living the dream. I’m sure their wines will show their passion.

Sante

Hey Nicholas,

What do you mean your selling my bottles? We enjoyed your visit last week. Hope you had a good tasting trip up the East Coast with your 2015’s, which are delicious! Give little Jack a big hug.

Dad