Random Wine Co. Pacific NW Sampler Packs & Bubbly!

2013 Harvest Emptying Bins.jpg
Hello again, Berserkers! This is my third year doing BerserkerDay offers and I’m hoping you’re as excited about them as I am! As a tiny producer in the great state of Oregon, I rely on wine lovers like you to help me continue producing small lots of fun, sometimes esoteric juice. To that end, this year I’ve assembled three six packs that give you insight into my winemaking philosophy and style. There is (hopefully!) something for everyone here, and in the next few paragraphs I’ll discuss the ideas and inspiration behind Random Wine Company.

The word “random” in Random Wine Company is deliberate, a running joke at the winery I make my wines, that refers to what shows up on the crush pad every year. This is intentional, I like working with different grapes and winemaking styles as often as possible because I believe that makes me a better winemaker. Philosophically I feel it’s my responsibility to show vintage, vineyard, and variety to the person drinking the wine. The best way to do that, for me, is to be as hands-off as I can. Start with great fruit grown by wonderful farmers, neutral French barrels, and minimal intervention in the cellar. I want you to drink a lively, honest wine that may even give you a look into the aforementioned elements.

In years past I’ve offered assorted packs of wines with 3-6 different bottlings in each. Based on feedback from Berserkers, this year I wanted to narrow the scope a little bit and hopefully entice you to try a pack based on what your palate enjoys. To that end, I’ve put together three offers showing three different styles of wine that I have made. First off, sparkling wines, because I love bubbles and so should you. Next, the first cabernet franc I made, from a vineyard I’m super excited about. Definitely leans more towards the Loire versus traditional Washington style. Last but not least, for those of you who like Rhone varieties, I’m very proud of the two wines in that pack.
sparkling lineup.JPG
Offer 1: Sparkling Sixxers - 6 bottles of 2013 Gamay Noir Rose Brut $200
As far as I know, this is the first sparkling Gamay Rose made in the Willamette Valley. From start to finish, it took almost 2.5 years to turn beautiful gamay rose juice into methode traditionelle sparkling wine. Then it took a few months of wrangling with the TTB to get label approval. I offered this one year ago and I have a little bit left, as a Thank You to the WB community, I’d like to offer it one last time. It’s technically an Extra Brut at 3g/L dosage, all hand bottled, disgorged, and labeled. I made 39 cases of the 3g/L bottling and am absolutely thrilled with the results.

Offer 2: Cab Franc Freaks - 6 bottles of 2013 Rattlesnake Road Vyd Cabernet Franc $140
Cabernet Franc is one of those grapes that can be a lens, showing a winemakers philosophy (or ego) in addition to the vintage and vineyard. Loire wines inspire me, and this wine is one that I hope pays respect to that wonderful region. Picked early and fermented in open-top macro bins, this was then aged for 11 months in a neutral puncheon and a keg. It’s single vineyard fruit from a site that I think will only gain acclaim over the next decade or two. Uniquely, it’s eastern Oregon Cabernet Franc, not the more typical southern Oregon or Washington grapes. Bright, fresh, full of red fruit and acidity, I love this with food.
IMG_7626.JPG
Offer 3: Rhone Zone - Mixed 6 Pack of 2013 Syrah/Viognier & 2014 Grenache Blanc/Marsanne $140
In 2013 I was able to get my hands on some Destiny Ridge Vineyards fruit (thanks to John Grochau) so I decided to co-ferment the syrah and viognier, as an hommage to the Cote-Rotie wines that got me into syrah in the first place. The final percentages ended up at 95 syrah and 5 viognier. There was just enough fruit for five barrels, all neutral French Oak. This was the wine that taught me not to fear extended barrel aging, since it spend about 18 months in them. Then, in 2014 it was time to make a white wine. Herb Quady farms wonderful vineyards in southern Oregon and I worked with him to get grenache blanc and marsanne grapes. The grenache blanc was picked early, full of acidity and bright citrus/stone fruit. The marsanne hung later, gaining richness and texture. I even left the marsanne on the skins, in open top fermenters, for four days. This skin contact shines through in the wine, and I love having it with chicken or pork loin. No oak here either, all stainless steel with 9 months on the less.

To Acquire:
Simply click on any link to be taken to the purchase page on Paypal. PLEASE ensure that you input your preferred shipping address so I know where to send the wine.

Some of the nitty gritty:
I ship FedEx Ground, but if you live in a state like MI, NY, or PA please email me and we’ll figure something else out. Recent changes in state law have created some frustrations for small producers like me in trying to send our customers wine, specifically MI, NY, PA, UT.

For everyone, if you want expedited service, let me know and we’ll figure it out. All the wines are ready to be packed and shipped, which hopefully will happen that first weekend of February. Of course, Mother Nature ultimately dictates when we ship. When I begin shipping I send out a mass email letting everyone know, so you can of course choose to hold your shipments.

Thank you so much for your support on another BerserkerDay!

Hi Beau:

Thanks for the offers! What’s the shipping fee to the midwest (Ohio)?

Hi John, shipping is 100% free on any of the BerserkerDay offers, FedEx Ground. champagne.gif

BEAUBBLES!!!

Fun fact: part of the reason I made sparkling wine was to cut down on my purchases of sparkling wine.

Addendum to fact: it didn’t work out so well. champagne.gif champagne.gif champagne.gif

Can’t get link to work.

I misspelled the link, oops! It’s fixed now.

Getting me some Cab Franc this time.

Nice! I’ll pull a shiner of the 2014 soon too, it’s the same site but a totally different wine.

Cab Franc for me too. Thanks Beau.

Thank you Brad! [cheers.gif]

Seriously people, buy the Beaubbles! As someone lucky enough to drink with the winemaker (a lot), I can assure you that it is some tasty Gamay, and a really good value at the listed price with free shipping. I’ve got my case! champagne.gif

You even get (partial) credit for helping me settle on 3g/L dosage…as well as that semi-secret run of 0g/L I did! champagne.gif

In for 6 of the bubbles. Bought 4 last year and they are absolutely stunning. Poured a bottle over NYE and everyone wanted to know how to buy more. Really awesome stuff.

Thanks for the kind words! I’m glad it was a hit…If I can find Gamay Noir grapes this year I want to make more!

Hi Beau,

I’m attempting to order a gamay pack, however, PayPal is calculating shipping. Is a code needed to secure the free shipping?

Hey Tom, there’s been a glitch on the shipping all day. If it won’t let you select Local Pickup, then go ahead and make your purchase and I will manually refund the shipping. Sorry for the hassle!

Thanks Beau.

Awesome response so far, Berserkers! I’m leaving the sale up for another day (by request) so if you’ve been waiting to pull the trigger, do it! :slight_smile:

Thanks for leaving this open, Beau! I had to get more of the Beaubbles! :wink: