Micro Lot Coffee--SOLD OUT

Micro-lot coffee has become an adventure for true coffee lovers. This is a fun journey of specialty micro-lots, i.e. coffee that is produced by its date and origin, because each farm/area has its own terroir.

These farmers live within higher standards than their counterparts at other origins. About ten years ago many farmers started building their own micro mills in order to keep their coffee separate from commercial coffee and sell a superior product.

Here is the beginning of your journey!!

You will receive 2-8oz sealed, one way valve bags of each coffee. All of these coffees will be roasted to a City/Medium roast on Saturday, January 28 and we will ship them on Tuesday, January 31. These are small production coffees so we are limited in the number of orders we can take.

$78 shipping included for 4# of Micro-lot Coffee. Click this link to place your order.

http://www.thecoffeegrounds.com/fnimall/coffee/coffee.phtml

Colombian Finca El Mirador
Farmer: Elkin Guzman
Farm: El Mirador
Region: Pitalito, Huila, Colombia
Variety: Castillo
Process Method: Honey

Elkin Guzman is the leading pioneer in the world of coffee producers.
Hailing from Pitalito, this extremely intelligent young farmer is using new technologies in amazing ways to improve his techniques in terms of cultivation, harvest, and process. The scrutiny and attention to detail that Elkin maintains are undoubtedly paying off as he is now producing some of the most consistently impressive coffees we have ever seen come out of Colombia.

Elkin realized early on that the full maturity of the cherries is extremely good. On average, the sugar content of the cherries he harvests is 24 Brix. After harvesting, the coffee was run through water tanks to remove floaters and impure cherries. A hand sorting then preceded the drying process. The first 8 days of drying were under direct sun on raised beds, in constant movement. On day 9, the coffee was moved into the parabolic dryer for another 35 days in order to avoid high temperatures and flavor stressors.

Burundi Kinyovu
Farmer: Several cooperative members
Farm: Kinyovu Washing Station Cooperative
Region: Rango, Kayanza, Burundi
Variety: Bourbon, Jackson, Mibirizi
Process Method: Fully washed, sun-dried

The Kinyovu Washing Station is located in the town of Rango, in the Kayanza Province of Burundi. Burundian coffee is known for its intense body and sweetness. The high altitudes contribute to often a more nuanced acidity supporting the sweetness and body. This coffee is a beautiful espresso and single-origin filter option.

Traditional Burundian processing methods are used by the cooperatives/washing stations from which we buy this coffee. This method is where the coffee is de-pulped and “dry fermented” up to 12 hours before being fully washed with clean mountain water. This initial water introduction stops the fermentation process if any sugars remain on the parchment after the dry fermentation. Coffee is then floated down water channels to separate beans by density, then finally the beans are soaked again for an additional 12 to 18 hours before being dried in parchment on raised beds.

Kenya Gichathaini AA
Farmer: Several cooperative members
Farm: Gikanda Farmers Cooperative Society
Region: Nyeri, Kenya
Variety: SL 28, SL 34, Ruiri 44, Batian
Process Method: Fully washed

The Gichathaini wet mill is one of three washing stations that make up the Gikanda FarmersCooperative Society in the Mathira West District of Kenya’s Nyeri region. This factory itself is actually owned by the coffee farmers that deliver cherries to be processed. 1045 members make up the cooperative society, of which 770 actively sell their coffee through the mill and in turn, make elective decisions in terms of representatives and management positions at the factory.

El Salvador Chalatenango-Petite Peaberry
Farmer: Several farmers
Region: Chalatenango, El Salvador
Variety: Pacamara, Pacas, Bourbon
Process Method: Fully washed

This year we bought some coffees grown at 1900 meters in El Salvador which could be one of the first El Salvador coffees at this altitude. El Salvador has been traditionally known for bigger estates in Santa Ana. Chalatenango wasn’t really on the map until the Cup of Excellence contest came. In the second year of CoE, Chalatenango “was discovered.” This area has had good results due to its Pacamara variety and significant climate difference from Santa Ana’s much cooler climate.

E-mail ericn@thecoffeegrounds.com with any questions.

Promo code, or none needed?

Ah - tried it with none and it worked. OK.

Everyone–had a issue with the shipping being included in the $78. I edited the price so that it will be net $78 after the charge is included. Its the only way i could “fix” it quickly.

Enjoy!!
Eric

None needed, the pack last year was the best coffee I had all year… And I order a lot of coffee from roasters across the U.S., buy with confidence.

Thanks for the nice words. Always glad to hear that you liked the coffees.

Missed this last year, so glad to get in on it again this year.

My local roaster closed shop, so need a new source!

Eric is super to deal with. Highly recommended

Are all these going to make a nice espresso? Or are they better suited for drip/press pot?
What is the expected shelf life for these? MY normal routine is to get from a local guy so the beans are never more than a day or so old when I get them, and they’re gone within 2 weeks. 4 lbs would take me a few months and I don’t want these to lose their awesomeness in the meantime!

The coffee was wonderful and I just ordered again. This year I will order more during the year.

Cheers!
Marshall

Adam

The Colombian & Burundi coffees will make nice espresso. The Kenyan & ES will as well, but i think they shine better as drip/pour over.

They are 8oz bags that have a one way valve to keep air out. Kept sealed, i have no problem with them lasting for 4 weeks. We are roasting these tomorrow so they’ll be as fresh as possible when we put them into the bags.

These fresh roasted micro lots from Eric are always great and yes I agree he is fantastic to deal with!
I might add if you are on the interstate passing by Eau Claire and dont stop in at The Coffee Grounds you are missing something for sure. Some great wines, beer, spirits and food along with the new attached micro brewery!

I always like to meet my customers–face to face if possible so stop in for a beverage if you are ever in the area.

Numbers Update.

Only have 5 offers left.

Guess we’re having technology issues…ughhh.

Send me an e-mail or give us a call if you want one of the 3 offers left.
715-834-1733 and ask for Julie.

Hmm, I just put in an order and completed checkout fine.

i haven’t any idea–some are working–some aren’t.

Anyway–1 lonely offer left.

Thanks to all who ordered. We’ll see if we can get a little bigger next year.

So fast!
Got home last night, and I had a great box of goodies waiting from Mr. Nelson. Thank you- will test something tomorrow and start enjoying my coffee upgrades :slight_smile:

Mine just came in today, wahoo!