Flannery's Unbelievable Customer Service

Hi everyone…
I figured this needed it’s own post because what has happened over the last week is absolutely amazing.
I ordered roughly 30 pounds of beef from Bryan on Berserker day. I asked for a Friday delivery and Katie sent the meat out on Thursday night via UPS. The meat was scheduled to arrive Friday afternoon and for some reason UPS decided to keep it over the weekend and deliver it on Monday. Once I realized what was going on, I contacted Katie. She contacted me on Saturday telling me that they would handle it on their end and not sure why the meat was not delivered. As I expected when the meat was delivered on Monday, most of the meat was about cellar temp or higher.
I contacted Katie and she said not to worry we are going to replace all of the meat with some extra goodies. I explained to Katie that it was not necessary to send the entire shipment, but they insisted on doing so :astonished: . Today arrived a brand-new shipment of meat.
This level of customer service is an example of what The Flannery family is all about. I will absolutely be a customer for life and share my support of Flannery!

+1. Top notch.

Wow - that’s great customer service from Flannery but what a FAIL from UPS - package sent overnight and it arrives on the 4th day. I’ve had issues with UPS recently and heard of others - don’t think they can be trusted for Friday deliveries.

+1000

100% hands down no contest (and any other cliche you can enter here) best service I have ever had. I won’t let any other red meat into my home for precisely this reason, they provide such a great experience they deserve to be rewarded with all my everyday business!

Not so dramatic but I spoke with the Flannery team twice following my BD order (my first ever) - once to add some other items to my order and once to get advice on freezing - and I was so pleased to have a lovely helpful person answer the phone immediately and offer such friendly helpful answers and help. Really made a huge impression - I’m joining that Flannery for life fan club too!

Bryan and Katie are awesome. It’s been a while for me but I’m planning on doing some ordering this summer.

I was the winner of a Facebook contest for some free steaks a couple of years ago as well. Very kind and generous folks and of course purveyors of top notch products!

Agreed. I ordered on Subscriber Day. Order received 2 days later. Steak on the grill Friday night. I’m now on their mailing list and will be ordering and ordering and ordering. Thank you Katie & Bryan.

+1. I got my orders shipped timely and they arrived in perfect condition. There was an unexplained glitch with my billing, and Kate fixed it in a prompt and professional manner.

Katie took care of me with a shipping issue. Awesome customer service. Very happy with the steaks and will order again.

They are the best. I had an order a couple of years ago that was misdirected. Bryan called me about the problem even before I got the email exception, and replaced the order overnight for a Saturday delivery.