Kendric Vineyards-- 2 Berserker Six-Packs @ 33% off

I just put up a couple different Berserker Day specials up on the website https://www.wineweb.com/scripts/secure/order.cfm/kendric After struggling to make discount codes work in past years, these offers are up in plain sight. I figure the odds of the unwashed masses (non-Berserkers) stumbling across them in the next couple of days in my sleepy little corner of the internet are slim.

If you haven’t had the wines before, here’s a thumbnail sketch. I grow pinot noir (about 8 acres) and viognier (about half an acre) in Marin County near the Sonoma border. I’m also within the Petaluma Gap. I make the wine at my facility (“winery” seems a little too grand for this space) on Treasure Island out in the middle of SF Bay. The house style inclines toward the more restrained end of the CA spectrum – I’m looking for earth and verve more than I am gobs of fruit. Though not a card carrying member, I could probably be charged as an AFWE running dog (for those of you versed in the lingo of two wildly disparate Cultural Revolutions).
Anyway, on to the offers.

The first six-pack is for newer stuff – two each of the 2012 Reserve pinot, the 2013 pinot and the 2014 viognier. The Reserve is my first and comes from the edge of the hillside with thinner soil, yielding a smaller crop of more concentrated, slightly riper fruit. I only made 2 barrels of this bottling. The 2013 is the golden vintage – everything came out of the fermenter perfectly knit together. Both these pinots are slated for Spring release (Reserve $50, ‘13 $38) so I’m jumping the gun a bit here, but they both showed pretty well this weekend at PinotDays after being double decanted overnight. Both are built for the long haul and could stand some cellaring. The viognier ($24) is something I sometimes have to force down pinot fans’ throats (as I am here) because they’ve been put off by high viscosity versions of viognier. Fear not, intrepid Berserker! This one is leaner and livelier than that … but still fun. At 33% off, this six-pack is $150.

The second six-pack is the insta-cellar – two each of the 2008, 2009 and 2010 pinots (all $36). These are beautiful now (though the '09 and '10 can still benefit from cellaring) but they also really want a lengthy decant in order to strut their stuff. At 33% off, this six-pack is $144.

Half-price shipping applies to both six-packs. Collect all 2!

email me at stew@kendricvineyards.com with questions or when confronted with the inevitable Berserker Day glitch.

Another BerserkerDay veteran and favorite!!

Going in with a friend on a case+! These Pinots at this price are excellent.

Can’t believe there aren’t more comments on the Kendric offers! Stewart makes some terrific cooler-climate Pinots, and I love his Viognier too. Good stuff!

Can someone describe the Viognier?
My wife likes the mineral versions of it rather than the floral.

Stew’s Viognier runs to the leaner side, not as flowery as others. The 2014 had a nice balance going between lemony high notes and melony sweetness that rolled off into a dry finish. Not like any I’ve had before. Almost better slightly cool than well-chilled! Highly recommended!

It’s toward the leaner end. There’s some stone in there, but this vintage has less of a chalky mineral quality that the ones immediately preceding and following. It’s got some white flowers on the nose, but it’s not real effusive in that regard.

I can’t comment on the 2012 Reserve, 2013, or Viognier, as I haven’t opened any of them yet. But I bought them off the list based on how much I love the 2009 and 2010. The pale color of those wines belie their concentration and precision, not unlike Dujac’s 2007s. The wines aren’t only delicious, they are perfect for screwing with other wine geeks. How many of your friends will guess Marin County in a blind tasting?

I had Stew’s 14 Viognier a few months ago and loved it. I think it has a great balance between a stony/mineral character and a flowery character. It reminds me a bit of Peay’s Viognier. Can’t go wrong here.

Drinking the 2009 tonight and it improved overnight. Very tasty with pure red fruits. Tasty stuff.

In for a 6-pack. Stewart - lets chat about a good time to meet for pickup!
John

I’m in for both offers … [cheers.gif]

If I hadn’t bought the latest release I would be all over these…great stuff!

The '09 and '10 PN was soooo good. Killed my 6 too fast. :slight_smile:

If I didn’t have a ton of all of these I’d load up, such an amazing deal!

I don’t know if anyone has brought this up, but the timing of Berserker Day is really brilliant in that it arrives in the nick of time to cover the annual (for small wineries) CA sales tax due Jan 31. On the one hand, the wineries are making offers at, or below (for the real sports), their indifference point. On the other, the cash flow generated by this event has pulled the fat out of the fire for me several times, this year included. Cheers to Todd and the Berserkers.