Ladd Cellars Berserk Offer...Sold Out

I make Pinot Noir from West Sonoma Coast, Sebastopol and the deep end of the Anderson Valley. I make wine in a balanced style, to pair well with food. I make wine that I love and want to drink, not for points or a ‘marketing plan’.

I also make a Chardonnay from West Sonoma Coast. The 2014 isn’t bottled yet tho, so I’ll wait til next year to offer it (should be fantastic).

This years offers are:

The Mixed 6 pack
One bottle each:
2013 Cuvee Abigail, Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir
2012 Anderson Valley Pinot Noir
2012 Moore Ranch, RRV Pinot Noir
2011 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir
2010 Nash Mill Vineyard, Anderson Valley Pinot Noir
2009 Cuvee Abigail, Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir

The Mixed 3 Pack
One bottle each:
2012 Anderson Valley Pinot Noir
2012 Moore Ranch, RRV Pinot Noir
2010 Moore Ranch, RRV Pinot Noir

The Limited 3 pack
One bottle each:
2013 Pratt Vineyard, Sexton Road Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir
2012 Nash Mill Vineyard, Anderson Valley Pinot Noir
2011 Moore Ranch, RRV Pinot Noir

Unfortunately, there are limited quantities of ‘The Limited 3 pack’ (hence the name). You may order up to 1 of each of the three packs described above.

If you’d like to order, send me a PM with your email address and what you’d like to order (it has to be a WB PM, including your email address). I’ll email you a link to complete your order and pay with. Note that you won’t be added to any mailing list as a part of this, unless you add yourself. The included shipping is to a business address, there’s a $3 fee to a residence (I get charged more than that).

Details about the Pinot Noir wines/vineyards mentioned above:

Moore Ranch
Located near Sebastopol on Occidental road. Thin topsoil on top of a rocky subsoil gives a savory/earthy/mineral quality to the wines, in addition to the red and dark fruit. Because of its cool location, these wines display a Sonoma Coast character in addition to the Russian River. Moore Ranch wines have a strong terroir signature, from the soil, location and vine age of course. The Moore Ranch designate is a combination of Pommard, Swan, 115 and 114. Typical alcohol here is 13.6% to 14.1% (note: no watering back or other funny business).

The Russian River Valley PN is almost entirely Moore Ranch fruit and is a blend of 667, 777 and 114, picked and fermented specifically for this. A few other barrels, Moore Ranch designate and others, sometimes make there way into the RRV as well. But it’s important to me to keep these interlopers small, to give background complexity, so the RRV can have it’s own character and definition (and terroir of course)

Pratt Vineyard
Starting with 2010, this comes from Pratt Vineyard, between Sebastopol, Occidental and Freestone…not far from Falstaff vineyard. Pure goldridge sandy loam soil gives the wine floral/roses/citrus, depth and some savouriness to the red fruited wine. Clones here include 2a, 9, 23 and Pommard. The 2a, 23 and Pommard are on their own roots, which takes the rootstock influence out of the equation and perhaps gives a purer vineyard expression. Clone 9 has been in California since the 1800’s but was lost, and rediscovered (in Jackson) in the late 1980’s. I love working with clones outside of the usual assortment, esp these and this vineyard.

My goal for Cuvee Abigail is to show what’s interesting about the West Sebastopol Hills area, and typically this is what makes up Cuvee Abigail. For the 2013 vintage, I decided a small portion of it was better on it’s own and bottled it as a Pratt Designate. Having just tasted both the 13 Pratt and Abigail, I think they’re both killer wines and are better for being kept in their own corners :slight_smile:.

Nash Mill
Located in the deep end of Anderson valley, north west of Octopus Mountain…making this a mountain slope vineyard. The topsoil is a sandy clay loam typical to the deep end. The subsoil has large amounts of shale in it, which adds an appealing/distinctive savory quality. The clones Pommard, 115 and 667 were planted in 2003.

The 2012 Nash Mill designate is based mostly on Pommard, with a bit of 115 and 35% whole cluster. The 25% new oak has a light long toast, to minimize the toasty character. I’m not against oak in moderate amounts, but I think toast can be distracting in Pinot Noir.

The 2012 Anderson Valley is all Nash Mill fruit, from clones 667, 115 and a tiny bit of Pommard. I’m generally not a fan of blending Pommard with 667, because often I think they fight each other…Nash Mill avoids this most of the time. Anyways, I think both the 2012 NM and AV are knockout wines.

Thanks for your interest!

In for the limited 3 pack.

In for the mixed 6-pack. Love these wines every year!

In for the Mixed Six Pack and the limited 3 pack!

My favorite pinot producer, there, I said it.

Well shucks…thanks for the nice comments and support!

For dinner tonight, in between working on website stuff, I finished up a bottle of 2012 Moore Ranch Pinot (opened earlier in the week) and was loving it…complex red fruits with some earth/mushrooms. It’s a bit like the 2008 Moore Ranch, but with better definition (and a bit more on the red spectrum).

Eric will you be sending link today to finalize order? TIA

PM sent for mixed 6 with my email address.

Love the Ladd

Brig likes pinot.
Brig orders from Ladd.
Brig is smart.
Be like Brig.

In for a Mixed 6 pack!

Going for the limited Ladd is great.

Sent a pm for limited. Thanks

I like what Brig likes.
I ordered from Ladd.
Does that make me smart?

It’s a start, but it’s up to Brig.

Yes!

Can you please let me know if these are rich, more intensely flavored Pinots, or lighter, more contemplative in style?

[highfive.gif]

Hi Alex,

My wines are definitely on the balanced, complex, food friendly…and I like the contempative descriptor, side of the Pinot Noir world. Some are lighter, some are richer…but all of them are balanced and moderate alcohol.

Make sense?

Balance, schmalance! Ya gotta have gobs of something in this market, kid. Tell 'em about the gobs!

A 6 pack for me too. Always interested in balanced PN.