Goodfellow Family Cellars & Matello Wines Offerings

We are offering WBers three different Berserker Packages this year:

For those of you unfamiliar with our wines, here is a little background: I work exclusively with old vine, non-irrigated grapes sourced from the Willamette Valley’s northern AVAs. The wines are Oregon fruit as expressed by a burgundy lover. Cellar work is based around native yeast, the use of stems in fermentation, modest use of new oak, and longer elevage. The wines are layered, complex, and elegant, yet underneath is plenty of structure and acidity. I have included scores where applicable, but if you like old world wines, particularly houses that include stems, a la Domaine Dujac, you will probably enjoy my wines.

The Whistling Ridge Terroir 6-pack: 30 6-packs available

​2 bottles 2013 Goodfellow Family Cellars, Whistling Ridge Pinot Noir

​1 bottle 2012 Goodfellow Family Cellars, Heritage Pinot Noir-93 pts Josh Reynolds (this wine is sold out other than WBD)

​1 bottle 2011 Matello, Whistling Ridge Pinot Noir (there is a recent TN on this wine available)

​1 bottle 2013 Goodfellow Family Cellars, Richard’s Cuvee Chardonnay

​1 bottle 2014 Matello, Whistling Ridge Blanc Field Blend-This wine is 45% Riesling, 27% Pinot Blanc, 20% Pinot Noir, 8% Gewurztraminer-co-fermented and delicious!

Normally $250, for WBD $188 plus $20 shipping anywhere in the country.

2) the Goodfellow Family Cellars Single Vineyard 6-pack: 30 6-packs available
​2 bottles 2013 Durant Vineyard, Dundee Hills (175 cases made)
​2 bottles 2013 Whistling Ridge Vineyard, Ribbon Ridge (300 cases made)
​2 bottles 2012 Bishop Creek, Yamhill-Carlton (180 cases made)

Three classic vineyards, from three different AVAs for you to explore.
A) The Durant Vineyard is a pioneer vineyard. This wine is comprised of two blocks, one planted in 1973 to Pommard and the second to Dijon clone 114 directly below it in 2004. This bottling is 7 barrels total, with 5 from the original planting. Volcanic soils, with perfect exposure from classic Dundee Hills earth, offer sweet red fruits and exotic spice.
B) The Whistling Ridge Vineyard. Planted in 1990 in some of the shallowest soils in the Willamette Valley(100% marine sedimentary) Whistling Ridge is unique. The Pinot Noir is from selected barrels within three clonally diverse blocks. The fruit always has the thickest skins and produces aromatically feminine wines with restrained fruit and dense masculine structure in the palate. Cellaring provides a remarkable change in the wines, and around 5-7 years after vintage this vineyard begins to bloom into exquisite wines.
C) Bishop Creek was planted in 1989 with un-grafted vines and due to its isolation, the vineyard is still producing from these own rooted vines. Yamhill-Carlton’s robust darker fruit takes center stage, then layered with stem spice, this is a lovely bottle of wine for current consumption or 5-10 years down the road.
91 pts Josh Renolds(Vinous), 90 pts Wine Enthusiast, 94 points Jamie Goode
Normally $224, for WBD $172 plus $20 shipping

3) The Crown Jewels: only 10 4-packs available

1 bottle 2013 Goodfellow Family Cellars, HERITAGE, Pinot Noir

1 bottle 2012 Goodfellow Family Cellars, HERITAGE, Pinot Noir 93pts Josh Reynolds

1 bottle 2012 Matello, Souris Pinot Noir 93 pts Josh Reynolds

1 bottle 2008 Matello, Bishop Creek Pinot Noir 91pts WA

Normally not available, but valued at $250, for WBD $180 plus Free Shipping

Thank you for Playing! For ordering or if you have any questions about the wines, please email me at marcus@goodfellowfamilycellars.com or marcus@matellowines.com

These offers are limited to Berserker Day VII, and are rare and limited as befits the day. These are hand crafted wines from special sites. Also, please remember that we are a two person winery and while we ship regularly, we ask your patience occasionally in the process.

If I did not already own many of these wines, I would be all over these offers. Crazy good wines and this pricing is insanely good.

I just hope Marcus has some '13s left for me to buy when I visit next month!

Scott-I will definitely save you some of the 2013s. They are right up your alley.

And many thanks for the shout out!

I love seeing all the representation from Willamette Valley this year!

In for the Whistling Ridge. The wines from that place really speak to me.

E-mail sent.

I’m in! E-mail being sent. Thanks!

Very fine offerings Marcus. Some super QPRs!

Thanks.

RT

Had a great visit in Oct with Marcus! I am a proud owner of many of these wines as a result - but may have to add - the sleeper in the Whistling Ridge pack is the delicious white blend - an ode to Mr. Deiss! Not only gulp able but flat out awesome and versatile at the dinner table.

Cheers,

Bill

Bill-Thank you all for the great shout out on the Whistling Ridge Blanc. Truth be told, if I could only drink one of my wines ever again, that would probably be the one.

Thanks everybody, for the love!

3 of The Crown Jewels 4-packs left!

Hi All,

We’re getting some requests for the 2014 Whistling Ridge Blanc beyond the packages, so…

I’m happy to make the 2014 WR Blanc available outside of the Berserker packages. For Berserker Day, we’ll add it to any of the packages or just ship some on it’s own at our wine club member pricing of 20% savings and shipping for $20.

Bumping this because I love Marcus’ wines and think everyone should buy them.