Lichen Estate - Anderson Valley Grower Producer Bubbles

Greetings Berserkers!

From our 7-acre, organically farmed, meter x meter Estate vineyard, comes our first vintage of Methode Champenoise sparkling wine. Tons of acidity, and great texture and depth from almost 3 years aging on the lees.

From the SF Chronicle - “It’s about expressing distinctiveness and site-specificity: the terroir imperative”

And fellow Berserker Blake Brown was “very impressed” after his visit (thanks again Blake!)

We’re offering a 2 bottle sampler, 30% off, we’ll cover the shipping - one each of our Estate Grown, Anderson Valley 2012 Blanc de (Pinot) Gris, and 2012 Blanc de Noir.

Total is $72.10 with Free Shipping. To order, visit the website and put the “Berskerker Bundle” into your cart. The URL:

http://www.lichenestate.com/

Cheers!

Sorry, no shipping to AL, AR, DE, MS, OK, PA, RI, UT

Bubbles!!!

Bubbles and another new producer! I’m so excited!

In for a 2 bottle sampler!

Thanks for the support everybody…Bubbles indeed!

2012 Blanc de Gris → Estate grown, 2 clones on 2 rootstocks. Harvested at 19.5 brix. 100% stainless steel aged. No MLF. Tirage bottled unfined and unfiltered. 3.0 pH, 9.5 g/L acid, 7.7 g/L dosage. 130 cases produced.
2012 Blanc de Noir → Estate grown, 4 clones on 2 rootstocks. Harvested at 18.5 brix. Aged in well-used 500L oak puncheons. No MLF. Tirage bottled unfined and unfiltered. 2.9 pH, 10 g/L acid, 7 g/L dosage. 160 cases produced.

Again, thank you for all for your part in helping to keep small, family run wineries afloat. Cheers!
tirage.jpg

Next order in will get a free surprise bottle in their shipment!

Good job Matt B in Minneapolis! The surprise bottle is yours

got my order in!!

Woot! Always like to support CA grower bubbles. If you could make it a Nebuchadnezzar that would be great.

Grabbed two two-bottle samplers!

Super excited to try this.

Thanks!

Thanks again, everybody! Greatly appreciated. And especially to Todd for putting this together!

Here’s a link to a video on Facebook, of our Tirage bottling - gravity fed, unfiltered: Sparkling bottling - fill the bottles, apply the crown cap, lay them in tirage bins for aging | By Lichen Estate | Facebook

Matt B - whenever we bottle a Nebu, it’s yours. Until then you’ll have to settle for the 2013 Blanc de Gris that we’re disgorging on Tuesday!

I am diving into the bubbles. And, I see the solera’s - what can you tell me about the difference between the two?

Cannot wait to try!

I’ll give it a go . . . really nice looking website, BTW.

Thanks Andrew!

Hi Jonathan, we planted our vineyard in 2008 and initially made a small amount of still Pinot Noir, in 2011. We overharvested those barrels in 2012, did some blending trials, and liked how they tasted together with some barrels of the '12s. So, we blended a 6 barrel blend of 4 x 2012 and 2 x 2011 wines, intended for the first iteration of our Solera method wine. Instead of bottling all of that, however, we went back down with 2 barrels of the Solera v1 blend, and aged it an additional year. The Solera v2 saw us take 6 barrels of 2013 Pinot, and blend it with the 2 reserved Solera v1 barrels. Same thing again, bottled most of the Solera v2, but went back down to barrel with 2. We reserved it, blended it with 6 barrels 2014 Pinot for Solera v3…

In summary
Solera v1 = 66% 2012, 34% 2011
Solera v2 = 75% 2013, 25% Solera v1
Solera v3 = 75% 2014, 25% Solera v2

We like the balance of a touch of nutty, mushroomy character of the reserved wines, countered with the vibrancy of the current vintage wines.

Small winery here, can’t copy what the big boys are doing and expect to compete with them. We think outside the box, and try to be creative with all aspects of the business - vinegrowing (meter x meter, hillside), winemaking, packaging, etc

Thanks for the interest!

Ordered two of the two-bottle package. Seems like a great deal, and interesting to try. Love me some bubbles.

Thanks Brad! The feeling is mutual

I was planning on being good and I held out all day. First purchase of Berserker Day VII right here for me. Always happy to have bubbles around and excited to try your offer.

In for a sampler pack.

David, thank you for giving in to the noir side. Blanc de noir that is.

Ok that was terrible.

Seriously though, David, with all of these incredible wineries to choose from today we are humbled to have been your first choice. We’re offering wines from our first vintage, and have a lot to learn from just about everybody else selling wine here today…but we think we’re on the right track and are excited for you to try the wines! Cheers!

Silly question, do you bottle any mags? Great website!