Random Wine Company - Multiple Packs AND FREE Shipping!

1375108_667055216647220_1200628484_n.jpg
Hello again, Berserkers!In 2012 I started Random Wine Company with some purchased fruit from Washington’s Horse Heaven Hills. Since then I’ve been seeking out exceptional sites around the Pacific Northwest. While not my full-time job (yet!), this is very much a labor of love, as I love to drink wine and share it with my friends. BerserkerDay gives me that chance. I buy grapes from wonderful vineyards in Washington and Oregon, then employ a minimal-intervention philosophy to make the best wines I can. Here in Oregon I am fortunate to be surrounded by extremely talented winegrowers and winemakers who’ve helped me get access to unique sites as well as freely share their experience and knowledge with someone just starting to learn the art of winemaking.

This year, my third, I decided to offer multiple options for Berserkers interested in my wines. All packs will ship for free to the lower 48, via FedEx or other common carrier. If you live in a state like Pennsylvania, please email me berserkers@randomwinecompany.com and we can make other arrangements.

Rhone-style Sampler:
For Berserkers who love Rhone varieties, this has two bottles of white and two bottles of red. The syrah/viognier is my first foray into co-fermentation, the 2013 vintage, which I’m incredibly excited about. You’ll also get to taste the first white wine I’ve ever made, as well as the first Southern Oregon wine I’ve ever made.
2 x 2013 Destiny Ridge Vineyards Syrah/Viognier
2 x 2014 Rogue Valley Grenache Blanc/Marsanne
$100 shipped.****Sparkling Wine Four Pack:
Those of you who know me personally know that I drink a lot of Champagne. As in, about two bottles per week, every week, per year. It’s ridiculous. I love sparkling wine so much that I wanted to try making it. Luckily, 2013’s gamay rose gave me that chance. Production is tiny, only 44 cases, and since I can’t drink it all myself, I’m sharing it with the Berserker community. Made from a base wine of 2013 Gamay Noir Rose, the same still-version many of you tasted last year, I’m looking forward to your thoughts!
$140 shipped. Limit ONE pack per Berserker.****Six Pack Sampler:
This is a six pack of every vintage I’ve worked with, to date. I am excited to offer it because I believe it gives insight into my winemaking philosophy, as well as showcases some of the great terroirs we have here in the Northwest.
The contents:
1 x 2013 Destiny Ridge Vineyard Horse Heaven Hills Syrah/Viognier
1 x 2012 Elerding Vyd Horse Heaven Hills Tempranillo
1 x 2013 Rattlesnake Road Vyd Columbia Valley Cabernet Franc
1 x 2013 Willamette Valley Gamay Noir Rosé Eola-Amity Hills
1 x 2013 Willard Farms/Thistle Vineyard Washington/Oregon Pinot Noir/Gamay Noir
1 x 2014 Rogue Valley Grenache Blanc/Marsanne

****Price: $125 Shipped!

Additional notes on the “new” wines:
2014 GB Marsanne.jpg
2014 Grenache Blanc/Marsanne Rogue Valley: Two grapes I love, and two grapes I finally got the chance to work with. In 2014 I connected with Herb Quady and he sourced me these two lots. The grenache blanc was picked early, for acidity and fresh citrus. We hung the marsanne a bit longer, for richness and depth of flavor. When the grenache blanc arrived it was completely destemmed and fermented in stainless steel. The marsanne was left on the skins for four days, kept cold with dry ice, before being pressed and fermented. These two wines were then blended prior to malo-lactic fermentation, which took its sweet time! After mlf, the wine was racked to a stainless steel tank where it sat on the fine lees for two months. The result is something special and I’m excited for you to try it!
2013 RWC Brut.jpg
2013 Gamay Noir Rose Brut: This is a special wine, as I cannot find anyone else who’s done a methode traditionelle sparkling wine from Gamay Noir grapes here in Oregon, ever. After alcoholic fermentation was finished, I was left with a quandary; try to sell 150 or so cases of gamay rose or take about 1/3 of that and make a sparkling wine. Clearly, one option made more sense than the other. I’d never made sparkling wine before so I enlisted the help of Kim Kramer, who guided me through the process. With only 44 cases made, literally everything is done by hand. It’s a long, sometimes scary process with bursts of work followed by long periods where you stand back to let nature do her thing. Dosage trials yielded 3g/L as the best number, one where the wine is still bone dry but the aromatics express themselves fully.

2013 Syrah/Viognier Horse Heaven Hills: My first attempt at co-fermenting the two grapes, but something I’d wanted to do for years. I love the wines of Cote-Rotie, and here in Oregon I was inspired by Marcus Goodfellow’s Matello Fool’s Journey to do the same. All the fruit hails from Destiny Ridge Vineyard, the syrah coming from Block 1 (Phelps Clone) and the Viognier from a few blocks further down the bluff. I destemmed about 3/4 of the syrah, leaving a quarter in the bottm of the open-top fermenter as whole cluster. The viognier went on top, where it gradually integrated with the syrah over the 5 day cold soak. I did punchdowns and pumpovers twice daily during a 9 day fermentation. The wine was pressed at dryness to five neutral French oak barrels, where it sat for 18 months.

Option 1: Visit my website at http://randomwinecompany.com/beserker-special-2016/ and select either BerserkerDay Pack 1 or 2, then follow the checkout process. You’ll get a payment confirmation notice from Paypal.

Option 2: If you’d rather send a check, please let me know and I will provide instructions on where to send it. You can email me berserkers@randomwinecompany.com with any questions. I may be slightly delayed in getting back to you because I’ll be working my day job.

The wines will all ship when it’s safe to do so, California and the South will probably receive their wines first while the Midwest and East Coast will ship in April. If you have any questions or concerns about shipping, please note them when you checkout via Paypal or email me. Thank you for your time and support!

Beau Carufel

Cannot get the paypal buttons to function to buy on your site. Maybe it’s my browser??

I emailed my webmaster about it, if you want to just PayPal to info@randomwinecompany.com in the meantime, that’ll work. Sorry for the glitch!

PayPal sent for the Sparkling 4 pack! I can’t wait to try it!

Had the same issue on my iPhone. PayPal worked fine. Looking forward to these!

I had the same issue - button won’t work - seems to be a theme today… Anyways - email sent for a 4pak!

PayPal sent for the 2013 Gamay Rose Methode Traditionelle Brut. Will you be offering the 2014 Grenache Blanc/Marsanne Rogue Valley on a stand-alone basis at some point, or is that something I can add? The samplers would be tempting, but I still have at least a couple of bottles left in the cellar of all of the other wines in the samplers. For those considering them, the PN/Gamay Blend and the Rose are both delicious, and filled me with sufficient confidence to buy the other wines as they were offered.

Paypal sent for a sparkling 4-pack!

Definitely, the white will be offered as a standalone wine very, very soon. I will send out an announcement in the newsletter/mailing list once that happens. Thank you very much for the support!

$100 sent to B.Carufel on paypal for a 4-pack Rhone.

So tempted

The website’s PayPal buttons should be fixed now, sorry about the earlier issues!

Attempting to purchase the sparkling 4-pack, but it keeps adding a shipping charge. Bug or feature?

Whoops. paypal keeps adding shipping on the sparkling 4-park. lets us know when its fixed. thanks

I think there’s a bug in PayPal for it, anyone who buys will get shipping refunded.

I’ve been wanting to try some for a while. A few for me and a few for msG.

Would you prefer local delivery (when they’re ready)? [cheers.gif]

Nice line up, Beau!

Thanks Tim! Are you coming to my birthday celebration on Feb 27 at Portland Wine Storage?

Just put in for the Rhone package myself. Hard to pass up the nice rhone blends. Thanks Beau!