POLL: How much did you spend on BerserkerDay?

How much did you spend on BerserkerDay?

• Nothing
  • $1-249
  • $250-$499
  • $500-$999
  • $1000-$1999
  • $2000-$2999
  • $3000-$3999
  • $4000 or more

0 voters

I figured it would be fun to see how much people spend, perhaps crown a new king/queen since Sheila wasn’t unable to participate fully, opening up the crown for another…I’m shocked at how much I spent, but happy I did, as I have a lot of new wines to explore! (I’m enabling users to change their vote if they happen to purchase more, since a few are extending offers…)

#berserkerday

It is much easier to admit what I bought than what I spent, but did answer above. Wine budget blown for the year in the last two weeks.

Is “ouch” not a category?

More than I meant to, but not as much as I wanted to.

Looking up what I already have on the delivery schedule for the spring helped me restrain myself. But I was oh so tempted by a few of the offers that I ultimately backed away from.

just a quick estimate … as of this moment I’m in the 43% bracket in your poll.

edit … make that the 32% bracket … [cheers.gif]

26% and dropping

18% here. Watching the Australian Open helped distract me.

I’m very new to taking wine seriously and so have no collection or cellar (or omg, where am I going to put what I ordered!) but spent a hefty sum for me with pleasure since there were some great low cost options that I will happily sip daily and a nice set of offers for samplers that will let me learn more across a range of varieties. Being able to do that and support smaller makers is really wonderful - as is the personal contact with the folks whose wine I’m now going to drink.

My amount is based only on Berserker Day purchases versus my Myriad and Rhys allocation purchases. That would drastically change which category I fall into.

Less than last year but more than I wanted to. There were many intriguing offers of wines I have not tried that I had to take advantage. Hoping these are all excellent QPR’s!

I had originally placed in the $1000+ group— then I remembered the Flannery and Veleta purchases. Ooops.

I spent quite a bit more than I was expecting (which isn’t hard considering I wasn’t expecting to spend anything as this was my first BeserkerDay and had no historical point of reference for what to expect). But as soon as I saw what all was being offered, well, my eyes glazed over and I my finger just started clicking away with a mind of its own. As soon as I awoke from this trance-like state and the dust settled I tallied up my total. Leaning back in my chair I thought, “Well, creamy chicken ramen noodles really don’t taste half bad…”

Always trying to be optimistic I decided to not focus on the total dollars spent, but rather look at it in dollars/bottle. So while I ended up with a healthy (but not exorbitant) sum that is on the higher side of the curve, I’m sitting pretty at about $38/bottle, a not-too-shabby sum considering what all I picked up. So yay for BeserkerDay. [cheers.gif]

I wish I were rich.

Or just out of control.

But I really didn’t go too far overboard.

Oh well. Maybe next year.

I see we have at least ONE baller in the group!

I’m not the “ONE baller”, but I was relatively close…it was ugly…the more I think about it, I don’t much care for you Todd!

That’s fine, because after what I spent, I don’t care much for me, either.

I was looking forward to my first BerserkerDay, but I was put on a 30 Day “No Wine” Challenge about a week ago by a concerned person of interest, so I just looked at the deals and shed some tears. And by some, I mean a lot. pileon

I’m happy not to be in the last tier and with the knowledge that at least one person spent more than I did. But my average cost per bottle, having bought from 14 different producers, is right around $30, and I’m very confident in the quality of what I purchased.

The difficult part will be figuring out which ones to stick with going forward, considering that I bought from mailing list offers or this BD from 5 of the 7 BD producers I bought from last year. As a member of the Europhile AFWE long before Parker coined the phrase, I never thought I’d have the problem of being on more CA lists than I can sustain, but even being on no list with wines costing over $100/bottle, it adds up fast.

This board has led me to too many CA producers making wine in a style I can appreciate, and BD makes it too easy to experiment with them. I will repeat my thought from the Wine Check thread: curse you, Todd French, for making it too easy and appealing to spend my money! I bet you send Girl Scouts with cookie order forms to Weight Watcher meetings, too, don’t you?