Rascal PINOT NOIR added $ 80 Case !!! EXTENDED

Warm up your credit cards and come on it, as here is where you will find all the BerserkerDay offers. Apologize to your spouse ahead of time.
L i n d a Lindsay

#1 Post by L i n d a Lindsay » January 27th, 2015, 8:39 am

I've gotten several folks that missed the deadline yesterday, sometimes work just gets in the way, darn it.
We will honor this until Feb 5th, pm me with either an email or cell. We aren't always in the office so a phone call isn't the best option. You can also mix and match a case between the 3 offerings. Nice chatting with all that called.

The Great Oregon Wine Co is pleased to offer a couple of options that will not break the bank, and protect your lovelies !
In keeping with our KISS theory, will keep it easy.

ADDED - Rascal NV Pinot Noir, Oregon Appellation. Food friendly, great for a group, Tuesday night or a second bottle. Yes, the price is correct $ 80.00 CASE. While there is no vintage on the label ( which is just easier for us ) this is 2013 fruit.

RASCAL ( the abomination ), miss you Bob !

2013 Pinot Gris, Off-Dry with great aromatics, flavors balanced against a lively acidity with just a touch of sweetness. Oregon/Washington Fruit - "Pacific NW Born and Bred". $ 80.00 per case

2014 Willamette Valley Riesling, I believe the RS is about 2%, so not overly sweet, but a crowd pleaser. Typical Riesling flavor profile, again balanced against a nice acidic backbone. Sure to please new drinkers and old, a great addition to any event where the question always is "What to serve when the audience are not wine Geeks?". $ 60.00 per case

The first 5 cases sold go into the Berserker Coffers - Thank you Todd !

Phone calls only today, between 10-5. 503-434-9025
Last edited by L i n d a Lindsay on January 28th, 2015, 10:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

Cellar Defenders !

#2 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 27th, 2015, 9:52 am

Many of you remember a few years back the 'abomination' BerserkerDay - oh, what fun that was! If someone wants to dig it out, I think it's in a subforum here, from BerserkerDay III perhaps?

Anyway, these offers speak for themselves. Find 'space' in your cellar and spring the whopping $60-80 for a CASE of daily drinkers, in memory of Bob, or just because she is one of two Lindsays with an offer at this time, and both love dogs!
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

Mike Rotondo

Cellar Defenders !

#3 Post by Mike Rotondo » January 27th, 2015, 10:11 am

Any estimates to ship a case to the East Coast?

KMibb

Cellar Defenders !

#4 Post by KMibb » January 27th, 2015, 10:12 am

In!

John Lenart

Cellar Defenders !

#5 Post by John Lenart » January 27th, 2015, 10:13 am

Done.

L i n d a Lindsay

Cellar Defenders !

#6 Post by L i n d a Lindsay » January 27th, 2015, 10:35 am

Mike Rotondo wrote:Any estimates to ship a case to the East Coast?
We are estimating ground at about $ 40.00 shipping

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

Cellar Defenders ! ($60/case or $80/case!)

#7 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 27th, 2015, 11:59 am

John Cabot, get in on this Riesling, bro!
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

John Cabot
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

Cellar Defenders ! ($60/case or $80/case!) RASCAL

#8 Post by John Cabot » January 27th, 2015, 12:59 pm

OK.. Im in for two cases of Riesling. I cook a ton of Thai food and never have enough Riesling on hand for friends and neighbors. This is a no brainer. BTW, I drank both the 07 and the 09 Rascal Pinots last week and they are both showing really well. Cheers Lindsay!
Cabot Vineyards
Humboldt County

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#9 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 27th, 2015, 1:00 pm

John Cabot wrote:OK.. Im in for two cases of Riesling. I cook a ton of Thai food and never have enough Riesling on hand for friends and neighbors. This is a no brainer. BTW, I drank both the 07 and the 09 Rascal Pinots last week and they are both showing really well. Cheers Lindsay!
You still have some '07 Rascal Pinot?? Amazing.

Alan H.

Rascal PINOT NOIR added $ 80 Case !!!

#10 Post by Alan H. » January 27th, 2015, 1:05 pm

What is the shipping to NorCal for a case?
Alan Huang

L i n d a Lindsay

#11 Post by L i n d a Lindsay » January 27th, 2015, 1:10 pm

Looks like about $ 25.00 to the bay area, all in

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#12 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 27th, 2015, 1:15 pm

WOW, added the Pinot!!!

L i n d a Lindsay

#13 Post by L i n d a Lindsay » January 27th, 2015, 1:27 pm

John Cabot wrote:OK.. Im in for two cases of Riesling. I cook a ton of Thai food and never have enough Riesling on hand for friends and neighbors. This is a no brainer. BTW, I drank both the 07 and the 09 Rascal Pinots last week and they are both showing really well. Cheers Lindsay!
Don't forget the "shitty" wines made from 2007 !! Guess I really am missing Woodie today

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#14 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 27th, 2015, 1:28 pm

These Pinots are a RIDICULOUS QPR, seriously, and they can even age a bit, like John's '07's that are still going strong

JimMc

#15 Post by JimMc » January 27th, 2015, 2:08 pm

Hard to pass up. In for a case of each, and looking forward to trying them!

Mark C
GCC Member
GCC Member

Cellar Defenders !

#16 Post by Mark C » January 27th, 2015, 4:07 pm

In for a case of the Rascal, just ordered it from Peter.

I’m sure it will be very shitty in memory of Bob!
[cheers.gif]

Mark Cћамρηeγ

Wine Berserkers, “delight of the incapable and insignificant"!

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.” — Jay Bylsma

“Mark; I’ll surrender the argument.” Gordon Fitz

aka Frabjous/CT

C. Ng

#17 Post by C. Ng » January 27th, 2015, 5:04 pm

In for a case of the Rascal and the Riesling. Awesome price even with the shipping.
C-H-I

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#18 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 27th, 2015, 5:49 pm

Folks, the price is STUPID. John Cabot and I were trying to figure out how Linda can make any money on these, and we gave up. Seriously - are they in recycled Pepsi bottles or something?

Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member

#19 Post by Brian Tuite » January 27th, 2015, 7:37 pm

When was the Pinot added? Damn, should have checked back in. Wanted the Riesling but not a case. Would have loved a 1/2 & 1/2 PN Riesling.
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

"Something so subtle only I can detect it." ~ Randy Bowman

2019 WOTY...

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#20 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 27th, 2015, 7:48 pm

Brian Tuite wrote:When was the Pinot added? Damn, should have checked back in. Wanted the Riesling but not a case. Would have loved a 1/2 & 1/2 PN Riesling.
Ping her, Brian - I bet she'd do it

C. Ng

#21 Post by C. Ng » February 5th, 2015, 12:21 pm

Just received my case of Pinot Noir and Riesling. Thanks! [cheers.gif]
C-H-I

L i n d a Lindsay

#22 Post by L i n d a Lindsay » February 5th, 2015, 12:24 pm

That was fast - Enjoy !

Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member

#23 Post by Brian Tuite » February 10th, 2015, 8:14 pm

Enjoying my Pinot tonight. The Riesling was a hit with Jambalaya last week. Thanks Linda!

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

2019 WOTY...

Scott Watkins
GCC Member
GCC Member

#24 Post by Scott Watkins » February 12th, 2015, 8:10 pm

A good honest pinot on a Thursday night, thanks Linda can't wait to try the Riesling and the Pinot Gris Seriously how the heck can you make any money on this deal, thanks again [cheers.gif]
“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#25 Post by Todd F r e n c h » March 11th, 2015, 4:06 pm

L i n d a Lindsay wrote: 2014 Willamette Valley Riesling, I believe the RS is about 2%, so not overly sweet, but a crowd pleaser. Typical Riesling flavor profile, again balanced against a nice acidic backbone. Sure to please new drinkers and old, a great addition to any event where the question always is "What to serve when the audience are not wine Geeks?". $ 60.00 per case
Finally tried a bottle of this, and for $60/case, it is STUPID good - it's great at 2x/3x that price! I'm not so sure about the non-wine-geeks liking it, as it's not very sweet, and I'd expect them to go for a sweeter profile. This has fantastic acidity, nice and citrus and crisp, NOT sweet (for a Riesling, mind you) - I'd much rather sip this on a warm day, eating snacks rather than with spicy food, as I don't think it would work for that. Very refreshing, very clean, very nice. Those of you who didn't buy, shame on you.

L i n d a Lindsay

#26 Post by L i n d a Lindsay » March 11th, 2015, 7:38 pm

Thanks Todd ! We didn't want to make a Gramma wine ( overly sweet ) but also knew at this price point and volume folks would object if we took it dry. Most think of Reisling being "real sweet", but think we found a happy medium. We make wines we like and drink, glad you enjoyed. For those that missed it. I'm ok to leave the same offer open. Just PM me with contact info and we will make it happen. Glad in this crazy buying season to offer a great cellar defender.
Cheers !

Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member

#27 Post by Brian Tuite » March 24th, 2015, 4:59 pm

Uh Linda, I got a mixed case delivered today. Thing is you already delivered this order back in February. When I got a call lest week informing me that you are shipping my wine I told your rep thanks but that I had already taken shipment. Guess I owe you some more money since I'm not sending it back now.

2019 WOTY...

L i n d a Lindsay

#28 Post by L i n d a Lindsay » March 24th, 2015, 10:09 pm

Brian
Looks like you won !! When I saw the box with your name I pointed it out, thinking you had already received it. The message that trickled back was it had been so it wasn't shipped. Now I have to figure out who didn't get their wine ! This ones on me, enjoy
L

Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member

#29 Post by Brian Tuite » March 25th, 2015, 5:12 am

L i n d a Lindsay wrote:Brian
Looks like you won !! When I saw the box with your name I pointed it out, thinking you had already received it. The message that trickled back was it had been so it wasn't shipped. Now I have to figure out who didn't get their wine ! This ones on me, enjoy
L
Hopefully it isn't the guy who leaves nasty Yelp reviews. Seriously though, I fully expect to pay for this. I'll look through the box this morning and confirm it is a mixed case and not all Riesling.

2019 WOTY...

Return to “BerserkerDay VI (January 27, 2015)”