Wine Library Berserker Day offers

Warm up your credit cards and come on it, as here is where you will find all the BerserkerDay offers. Apologize to your spouse ahead of time.
Ian Dorin

#1 Post by Ian Dorin » January 26th, 2015, 11:41 am

Hello Berserkers!

So our first deal is site wide free shipping on all orders. Simply use the code BerserkerDayFS at check to get free shipping on all orders.

We also selected 5 items and added additional discounts to those. 3 side notes.
-The 2 Barolos have additional quantity coming at the end of this week. Due to the impending storm on the east coast, we can't get more stock till the end of the week, but we are taking back orders if they over sell.
-The Talenti is a pre-sale due in the spring.
-Also due to the impending storm, there is a very strong chance the store will not be open tomorrow. If you need ANYTHING, please email me at idorin@winelibrary.com. I will be available throughout the day to answer questions!

2010 - ROCCHEVIBERTI BAROLO ROCCHE DI CASTIGLIONE
https://winelibrary.com/products/84470- ... astiglione
Price: $44.97 on sale ( was $59.99 )- Use code BerserkerDay1 to get this for $34.99 per bottle

94 Points Wine Enthusiast
"Juicy red and black cherry, crushed raspberry, violet, white pepper, cinnamon and sage sensations all come together. Assertive tannins and exhilarating acidity balance out the intense fruit and spice flavors. It’s still austere and tight but displays great breeding and serious aging potential. Drink after 2020."

2010 - BAUDANA BAROLO SERRALUNGA
https://winelibrary.com/products/84471- ... serralunga
Price: $47.97 on sale ( was $59.99 ) - Use code BerserkerDay2 to get this for $34.99

94 Points Antonio Galloni - Vinous
"Dark cherries, plums, smoke, tobacco, melted road tar, licorice, savory herbs and menthol all meld together in the 2010 Barolo Serralunga. Rich, deep and muscular, the 2010 is a great introduction to the wines of the village. There is no shortage of personality. This is an especially powerful, dense entry-level Barolo with tons of sheer appeal. However, the firm tannins will need time to soften, though, so readers need to be patient."

94 Points Wine Spectator
"The pure cherry flavor is shaded by leather and tar accents in this succulent, firmly structured Barolo. Dense and fresh, leaving a dusty impression on the finish. Best from 2018 through 2035. 536 cases made."

2010 - TALENTI BRUNELLO DI MONTALCINO
https://winelibrary.com/products/84491- ... montalcino
Price: $49.99 on sale ( was $64.99 ) - Use code BerserkerDay3 to get this for $39.99

96 Points James Suckling
"A layered and rich red with a light prune, plum and berry character, as well as hints of walnuts. Full-bodied, chewy and tannic yet showing polish and refinement. An almost iodine undertone. Better in 2016."

2012 - BERTHEAU LES AMOUREUSES CHAMBOLLE MUSIGNY
https://winelibrary.com/products/81377- ... le-musigny
Price: $299.98 on sale ( was $379.99 ) - Use code BerserkerDay4 to get this for $249.99

93 Points Allen Meadows - Burghound
"This easily possesses the most complex nose in the range with its notably spicy aromas of plum, black cherry and lilac. There is a cool and restrained mouth feel that is very sophisticated as the supporting tannins are quite fine grained and the almost pungent minerality adds lift to the satin-textured finish that is markedly austere at present. Like the Charmes in 2012 this is more structured than it usually is."

2008 - SPRING MOUNTAIN CABERNET SAUVIGNON
https://winelibrary.com/products/82784- ... -sauvignon
Price: $59.97 on sale ( was $75.00 )- Use code BerserkerDay5 to get this for $49.99

"The Estate Cabernet Sauvignon is laden with loads of chocolate and rich, ripe fruit, specifically blackberry, cherry and plum. The palate is bright, full-bodied and balanced. Jammy fruit, toasty oak and hints of licorice and spice round out the wine. Decant to release the abundant flavors and aromas of this youthful and vibrant Cabernet.

Spring Mountain Vineyard is an 850 acre estate on the eastern slopes of Spring Mountain. Over 225 acres of the estate are planted to vine, representing 135 distinct hillside vineyard blocks with many soil types, exposures, and microclimates. Originally four individual 19th century Napa Valley vineyards, Miravalle, Alba, Chevalier and La Perla are now one vineyard producing exclusively estate grown wines. Growing primarily Bordeaux grape varieties, the vineyard yields distinctive mountain wines of concentration, elegance and longevity. " -Winery

2010 - GUIGAL EX VOTO ROUGE HERMITAGE
https://winelibrary.com/products/80177- ... -hermitage
Price: $369.98 on sale ( was $449.99 ) - Use code BerserkerDay6 to get this for $269.99 a bottle

Size: 750ML Country: France Region: Rhone ABV: 13.5% Varietals: Syrah / Shiraz

100 Points Jeb Dunnuck - Robert Parker's Wine Advocate
"At the risk of sounding like a broken record, the 2010 Hermitage Ex Voto is as good as it gets. Following some of the most concentrated, rich Cote Roties ever made, it still ratcheted up the concentration level with its massive, palate saturating levels of gamey dark fruits, cassis, licorice, chocolate, graphite and powdered rock. It this beauty doesn’t make fireworks go off in your head, I don’t know what will. Full-bodied, deeply concentrated and structured, yet also fine, elegant and delineated, it is nothing short of incredible. Give this awesome Hermitage 5-6 years in the cellar and feel free to drink it anytime over the following 4-5 decades. The father/son team of Marcel and Philippe Guigal continue to keep their estate at the top of the hierarchy in the Rhône Valley. All the way from their inexpensive Côtes du Rhône to their top-end Côte Rôties and Hermtiage, the attention to detail and focus on quality is unmatched. Readers should also check out the recent Rhone Retrospective article I wrote that covered the Saint Joseph Vignes des Hospices, Côte Rôtie Brune et Blonde, Côte Rôtie Chateau d'Ampuis and Côte Rôtie La Mouline cuvees going back for over a decade. I said it there, and I'll say it again here, this estate is producing some of the most incredible and singular wines in the world."

96-98+ Points Robert Parker - Robert Parker's Wine Advocate
"Close in quality, the 2010 Hermitage Ex-Voto reveals more minerality and definition as well as Hermitage’s tell-tale creme de cassis, blackberry liqueur, licorice and spring flower characteristics. This full-bodied, massive wine should last for 25-40 years."

98 Points Wine Spectator
"This has lavish range, with intense steeped plum, anise, pain d'épices, singed apple wood and fruitcake notes layered together, framed by smoldering charcoal and sweet tobacco accents and riveted to a tarry spine. Expands like a fractal in the glass to display enormous depth and length. Features mouthwatering cut from start to finish despite the heft. An extremely impressive wine that will need some time to stretch out fully. Best from 2018 through 2040. 600 cases made."
Last edited by Ian Dorin on January 27th, 2015, 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
ITB

“I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted.” -WC Fields

Zachy's

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#2 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 27th, 2015, 7:30 am

And folks, Wine Library now has a Wine Berserkers-only mailing list, that includes FREE SHIPPING on any order for Wine Berserkers, but you have to sign up! It's in the banner ad that shows up on the right hand side, for those who can see it...
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

JimMc

#3 Post by JimMc » January 27th, 2015, 7:32 am

Ahhh, if only WL still shipped to Texas :-/

Stephen Faulkner

#4 Post by Stephen Faulkner » January 27th, 2015, 7:34 am

Ian - I get "can't find the promotion code" error when I try to check out.

Michae1 P0wers
GCC Member
GCC Member

#5 Post by Michae1 P0wers » January 27th, 2015, 7:34 am

How do you sign up if you can't see the ad btw?

CoryA

#6 Post by CoryA » January 27th, 2015, 7:34 am

No, Texas? Crap!
A n d e r s

Jeff Bloom
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7 Post by Jeff Bloom » January 27th, 2015, 7:35 am

Todd F r e n c h wrote:And folks, Wine Library now has a Wine Berserkers-only mailing list, that includes FREE SHIPPING on any order for Wine Berserkers, but you have to sign up! It's in the banner ad that shows up on the right hand side, for those who can see it...
How do those who don't see the banner ad sign up?

cjsavino
GCC Member
GCC Member

#8 Post by cjsavino » January 27th, 2015, 7:35 am

Michael Powers wrote:How do you sign up if you can't see the ad btw?
Posted in Commerce Corner or email Ian
Chris

Michae1 P0wers
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9 Post by Michae1 P0wers » January 27th, 2015, 7:36 am

Thanks Chris.

Peter Shurman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#10 Post by Peter Shurman » January 27th, 2015, 7:37 am

We couldn't find your coupon in the system, we're sorry. If you think this is in error, please contact info@winelibrary.com.

what is going on?
keeping those ITB in business

Mike Stoneking
GCC Member
GCC Member

#11 Post by Mike Stoneking » January 27th, 2015, 7:41 am

Peter Shurman wrote:We couldn't find your coupon in the system, we're sorry. If you think this is in error, please contact info@winelibrary.com.

what is going on?
+1
ITB..............Someone has to drink all this damn wine.
Viva Berserkers!!

Peter Shurman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#12 Post by Peter Shurman » January 27th, 2015, 7:45 am

Mike Stoneking wrote:
Peter Shurman wrote:We couldn't find your coupon in the system, we're sorry. If you think this is in error, please contact info@winelibrary.com.

what is going on?
+1
perhaps if The WL spelled Berserker correctly it would work ...
Last edited by Peter Shurman on January 27th, 2015, 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Stoneking
GCC Member
GCC Member

#13 Post by Mike Stoneking » January 27th, 2015, 7:46 am

Got mine to work by doing a copy/paste of the coupon codes. Order in. #berserkerday
Viva Berserkers!!

Julius L
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14 Post by Julius L » January 27th, 2015, 7:50 am

One of the wines I ordered is "waiting for fulfillment," the other is "preparing for charge."
L = L@$Øff

Ian Dorin

#15 Post by Ian Dorin » January 27th, 2015, 7:53 am

I fixed it!
it's spelled right now!
ITB

“I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted.” -WC Fields

Zachy's

Alan Newman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16 Post by Alan Newman » January 27th, 2015, 7:55 am

Picked up 6 of the 2010 - BAUDANA BAROLO SERRALUNGA. $35 with free shipping- score!

Sherri S h a p i r o
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#17 Post by Sherri S h a p i r o » January 27th, 2015, 8:03 am

Worked for me! Thanks, Ian.

Joe G a l e w s k i
GCC Member
GCC Member

#18 Post by Joe G a l e w s k i » January 27th, 2015, 8:06 am

Aah, they are one of the retailers who have decided not to ship to MN.

scott davis
GCC Member
GCC Member

#19 Post by scott davis » January 27th, 2015, 8:11 am

I don't think that is the correct Vinous review for the Baudana Serralunga?
CT #10,000

Ian Dorin

#20 Post by Ian Dorin » January 27th, 2015, 8:12 am

scott davis wrote:I don't think that is the correct Vinous review for the Baudana Serralunga?
Hey Scott, not sure which review you are peaking at, but this is the wine.
http://www.vinousmedia.com/wines/luigi- ... nga-d-alba
ITB

Zachy's

Karr!ng M o a n

#21 Post by Karr!ng M o a n » January 27th, 2015, 8:15 am

Joe G a l e w s k i wrote:Aah, they are one of the retailers who have decided not to ship to MN.
Yep, I used to order from Winelibrary all the time when I lived in DC, but in MN it's a no-go.

k.

scott davis
GCC Member
GCC Member

#22 Post by scott davis » January 27th, 2015, 8:17 am

Ian Dorin wrote:
scott davis wrote:I don't think that is the correct Vinous review for the Baudana Serralunga?
Ian, thanks for the link. Apparently there are two 2010 Baudana Serralunga bottlings? Thanks very much for the clarification.

Scott
CT #10,000

Julius L
GCC Member
GCC Member

#23 Post by Julius L » January 27th, 2015, 8:17 am

It's the Sept 2014 review.
L = L@$Øff

Ken V
GCC Member
GCC Member

#24 Post by Ken V » January 27th, 2015, 9:53 am

scott davis wrote:
Ian Dorin wrote:
Ian, thanks for the link. Apparently there are two 2010 Baudana Serralunga bottlings? Thanks very much for the clarification.

Scott
I don't think so. The 1/14 review is from barrel. The later review is from bottle. Antonio just liked it better the 2nd time.
Ken V @ s t o l @
The Fine Wine Geek
Click on the W W W button under my name to see my website.
"Don't be meek, embrace the geek." -Terry Theise
Twitter: @FineWineGeek

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#25 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 27th, 2015, 9:54 am

Someone point out all the non-domestic offers in this deal to Grump Paul Jaouen, please...
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

Jeff Br@ziun@s

#26 Post by Jeff Br@ziun@s » January 27th, 2015, 9:55 am

Joe G a l e w s k i wrote:Aah, they are one of the retailers who have decided not to ship to MN.
Doh!!!

Ian Dorin

#27 Post by Ian Dorin » January 27th, 2015, 11:57 am

Gary asked me to add one more Berserker Day offer, so use code BerserkerDay6 to get $100 off per bottle on this.

https://winelibrary.com/products/80177- ... -hermitage
Price: $369.98 on sale ( was $449.99 ) - Use code BerserkerDay6 to get this for $269.99 a bottle

Size: 750ML Country: France Region: Rhone ABV: 13.5% Varietals: Syrah / Shiraz

100 Points Jeb Dunnuck - Robert Parker's Wine Advocate
"At the risk of sounding like a broken record, the 2010 Hermitage Ex Voto is as good as it gets. Following some of the most concentrated, rich Cote Roties ever made, it still ratcheted up the concentration level with its massive, palate saturating levels of gamey dark fruits, cassis, licorice, chocolate, graphite and powdered rock. It this beauty doesn’t make fireworks go off in your head, I don’t know what will. Full-bodied, deeply concentrated and structured, yet also fine, elegant and delineated, it is nothing short of incredible. Give this awesome Hermitage 5-6 years in the cellar and feel free to drink it anytime over the following 4-5 decades. The father/son team of Marcel and Philippe Guigal continue to keep their estate at the top of the hierarchy in the Rhône Valley. All the way from their inexpensive Côtes du Rhône to their top-end Côte Rôties and Hermtiage, the attention to detail and focus on quality is unmatched. Readers should also check out the recent Rhone Retrospective article I wrote that covered the Saint Joseph Vignes des Hospices, Côte Rôtie Brune et Blonde, Côte Rôtie Chateau d'Ampuis and Côte Rôtie La Mouline cuvees going back for over a decade. I said it there, and I'll say it again here, this estate is producing some of the most incredible and singular wines in the world."

96-98+ Points Robert Parker - Robert Parker's Wine Advocate
"Close in quality, the 2010 Hermitage Ex-Voto reveals more minerality and definition as well as Hermitage’s tell-tale creme de cassis, blackberry liqueur, licorice and spring flower characteristics. This full-bodied, massive wine should last for 25-40 years."

98 Points Wine Spectator
"This has lavish range, with intense steeped plum, anise, pain d'épices, singed apple wood and fruitcake notes layered together, framed by smoldering charcoal and sweet tobacco accents and riveted to a tarry spine. Expands like a fractal in the glass to display enormous depth and length. Features mouthwatering cut from start to finish despite the heft. An extremely impressive wine that will need some time to stretch out fully. Best from 2018 through 2040. 600 cases made."
ITB

Zachy's

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#28 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 27th, 2015, 12:07 pm

Now THERE'S one for Paul!

Mike Stoneking
GCC Member
GCC Member

#29 Post by Mike Stoneking » January 27th, 2015, 12:09 pm

Ian Dorin wrote:Gary asked me to add one more Berserker Day offer, so use code BerserkerDay6 to get $100 off per bottle on this.
OK. Now you have ended my BerserkerDay. Now I need to work A LOT of overtime over the next month. [thankyou.gif]
Viva Berserkers!!

Peter Shurman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#30 Post by Peter Shurman » January 27th, 2015, 12:25 pm

who's Gary?

Loren Sonkin

#31 Post by Loren Sonkin » January 27th, 2015, 12:59 pm

Peter Shurman wrote:who's Gary?
Who cares? Ian's the man!
With regards,

Loren Sonkin
Columnist at www.Intowine.com

Paul Jaouen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#32 Post by Paul Jaouen » January 27th, 2015, 1:20 pm

Todd F r e n c h wrote:Now THERE'S one for Paul!
I'll admit that's the best price I've seen. [cheers.gif]

Ian, tell Gary to stop screwing around and put some Dujacs on sale.
Best,
Paul Jaouen

Ken V
GCC Member
GCC Member

#33 Post by Ken V » January 27th, 2015, 1:27 pm

Peter Shurman wrote:who's Gary?
That's the name that Ian gave to the voice in his head. [berserker.gif]
Ken V @ s t o l @
The Fine Wine Geek

Paul Jaouen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#34 Post by Paul Jaouen » January 27th, 2015, 1:30 pm

Ian, and tell that voice in your head that Ken needs some Giacosas' on sale!
Best,
Paul Jaouen

Peter Shurman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#35 Post by Peter Shurman » January 27th, 2015, 1:31 pm

wow ... no love for The Elf ... wuwt

Ken V
GCC Member
GCC Member

#36 Post by Ken V » January 27th, 2015, 1:35 pm

Paul Jaouen wrote:Ian, and tell that voice in your head that Ken needs some Giacosas' on sale!
[dance-clap.gif] [dance-clap.gif] [dance-clap.gif] [dance-clap.gif]
Ken V @ s t o l @
The Fine Wine Geek

cjsavino
GCC Member
GCC Member

#37 Post by cjsavino » January 27th, 2015, 1:36 pm

[winner.gif]
Ken V wrote:
Paul Jaouen wrote:Ian, and tell that voice in your head that Ken needs some Giacosas' on sale!
[dance-clap.gif] [dance-clap.gif] [dance-clap.gif] [dance-clap.gif]
Chris

Ken V
GCC Member
GCC Member

#38 Post by Ken V » January 27th, 2015, 1:38 pm

Actually, their website shows no Giacosa at all. [cry.gif]
Ken V @ s t o l @
The Fine Wine Geek

Paul Jaouen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#39 Post by Paul Jaouen » January 27th, 2015, 1:48 pm

Ken V wrote:Actually, their website shows no Giacosa at all. [cry.gif]
And they have the nerve to call themselves a wine store? Shocking! neener
Best,
Paul Jaouen

Markus S

#40 Post by Markus S » January 27th, 2015, 2:02 pm

scott davis wrote:
Ian Dorin wrote:

Scott
Scott, as far as I'm aware of, there are 3 bottlings, the Serralunga is the base, then 'Baudana' and Cerretto' are the single vineyard. Hope this helps.
$ _ € ® e . k @

Ian Dorin

#41 Post by Ian Dorin » January 27th, 2015, 2:23 pm

The Elf as Pete calls him just told me about one more offer he wanted to post before the end of the day.

https://winelibrary.com/librarypass

This is something new that Gary created for 2015, and we are offering it for half price till midnight tonight.
Use code WBLP to take advantage of the offer at 50% off.

P.S. It will work on Giacosa when we get some in stock, but it won't work on Yellow Tail or Bogle ;)
ITB

Zachy's

Taylor Broussard

#42 Post by Taylor Broussard » January 27th, 2015, 2:32 pm

Ian Dorin wrote:The Elf as Pete calls him just told me about one more offer he wanted to post before the end of the day.

This is something new that Gary created for 2015, and we are offering it for half price till midnight tonight.

P.S. It will work on Giacosa when we get some in stock, but it won't work on Yellow Tail or Bogle ;)
You just made my day. $25 for a year pass of ground shipping? That's ridiculous.

PHuff
GCC Member
GCC Member

#43 Post by PHuff » January 27th, 2015, 2:33 pm

Ian Dorin wrote:The Elf as Pete calls him just told me about one more offer he wanted to post before the end of the day.

Ian,

I just signed up for this. Will you send some type of code to use when ordering wine? Or does it waive shipping automatically when I log-in to my account?

Good deal,

Thanks,

Paul
Paul

Pat Burton
GCC Member
GCC Member

#44 Post by Pat Burton » January 27th, 2015, 2:35 pm

in
CT - Prof B

GaryVaynerchuk

#45 Post by GaryVaynerchuk » January 27th, 2015, 2:39 pm

Phuff, Pat, Chris your account will be flagged 90% or so of the wines are eligible, we think this new concept for WL will be a game changer :) Miss u guys especially you P champagne.gif aul J, adore u man!

Nick T.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#46 Post by Nick T. » January 27th, 2015, 2:41 pm

In....me loves that elf even though he gets too much camera time. Thanks Ian, Brandon and yes...Gary.
T=t0um@n!os

GaryVaynerchuk

#47 Post by GaryVaynerchuk » January 27th, 2015, 2:43 pm

Nick T. wrote:In....me loves that elf even though he gets too much camera time. Thanks Ian, Brandon and yes...Gary.
Thnx Nick ;) sick deal right?

Ian Dorin

#48 Post by Ian Dorin » January 27th, 2015, 2:43 pm

It's automatic when you are logged in, but you have to be logged in. Any item eligible (which is over 90% of the items we stock) will have the Library Pass logo on it.

This is only for ground shipping too, and it does not prorate express shipments. Just a heads up
ITB

Zachy's

Peter Shurman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#49 Post by Peter Shurman » January 27th, 2015, 2:44 pm

IN

Tell GV I said thanks.

Ian Dorin

#50 Post by Ian Dorin » January 27th, 2015, 2:45 pm

Joe, bad news, we can ship to Minnesota now!

In fact, we added all of these states today!

MN
AR
DE
KY
MS
ND
OK
RI
ITB

Zachy's

Return to “BerserkerDay VI (January 27, 2015)”