Lichen Estate is here to drop some acid on Berserker Day!

Warning: blather ahead. The concise version is in bold.

Lichen Estate is an exciting new Anderson Valley venture by the team that started Breggo Cellars. All of our wines are sourced from a high-density (meter by meter spacing), organically farmed, meticulously managed (by Paul Sloan of Small Vines), 7 acre hillside vineyard just west of Boonville. We’d love for you to try a couple of our wines.

Our 2013 Les Pinots Noir & Gris is an idiosyncratic white blend of Pinot Noir (60%) and Pinot Gris (40%) that Food and Wine magazine ranked #1 in their “10 best glasses - California” article. It checks in at just 10% alcohol, with the razor sharp acidity that you’d expect from grapes harvested in the 18-20 degrees brix range. The acidity is balanced by a bit of residual sugar, which adds some mid-palate lushness. No oak.

One of the wines chosen to represent the Anderson Valley in Wine & Spirits magazine’s 2014 Sommelier Scavenger Hunt was our multi-Vintage, Solera V2 Pinot Noir. This is the second iteration of this distinctive wine, a blend of the 2013 (60%), 2012 (28%), and 2011 (12%) vintages. It’s a classically proportioned Pinot Noir, but unique and hard to describe. I’ll try though. It’s got high toned aromatics, bright red fruit, ample structure, good acidity, and a savory quality. Roughly (it’s seen a few different barrel types) 30% new oak, 13.9% alcohol.

Put 2 or more of either wine in the cart, any combination, get 30% off (before shipping). 750ml or magnum. One 750ml of each = $56.

http://www.lichenestate.com

Better yet, call me - (707) 972-8787 - or email dan@lichenestate.com

Cheers! from Doug and Dan

Not sure dropping acid on BerserkerDay is smart, but I’m about ready to try it! [pwn.gif]

it sure is fun though…thanks for the early traffic, WBers!