Introducing Andegavia Cask Wines – Luxury Wine in Sustainable Packaging

Warm up your credit cards and come on it, as here is where you will find all the BerserkerDay offers. Apologize to your spouse ahead of time.
Gavin Macomber

#1 Post by Gavin Macomber » January 22nd, 2015, 10:46 am

In advance of Andegavia’s national retail launch in a few months, we’re excited to give Berserkers an exclusive pre-launch opportunity. When we were speaking with WB fearless leader Frenchie about an offer for BerserkerDay VI, he mentioned that WBers over the years have wondered why they couldn’t get top quality wine in this format in the US. Well, the wait - we hope - is over!

We are pleased to introduce Andegavia Cask Wines, purveyors of ultra-premium and luxury-class wines in sustainable cask style packaging. Our story is not only a sustainable packaging one (there are 3L in one recyclable cask, thereby eliminating 4 glass bottles - a 75% reduction in carbon footprint!) but it's also the first ultra-premium & luxury-class wines sourced from renown estates in Napa & Sonoma (and beyond) made by exceptional winemakers in this format.

Andegavia was started by a fellow wine *geek*, who wanted a top quality wine-on-tap experience at home and was frustrated that there wasn’t anything on the market unless you lived in France!

Andegavia utilizes a négociant model (think Cameron Hughes) sourcing wines made from top varietals in top regions. Coupled with the innovatively designed patent-pending 3L cask packaging, the wine presents a phenomenal QPR (the winery sources usually charge 2-4x more per bottle than the bottle equivalent price for the Andegavia cask).

The Andegavia cask is an attractive, wine-on-tap experience at home; and, once opened, the wine stays fresh for 30 days without risk of ruin (no preservation system needed!). It's not only a great format for everyday casual drinking, but also is great for groups and entertaining.

The brand soft launched last Summer with much fanfare at the Nantucket Wine Festival (was the only non-bottle wine to ever be presented at the festival) and progress since then has been great, mostly building the infrastructure and team for a 2015 retail launch (and, along the way, we've accumulated some accolades that have us pinching ourselves).

We’re very excited to give WBers a taste prior to going national. So, let’s get to the wines and the offer. Exclusive for BerserkerDay VI, we are offering 25% off retail price plus free expedited shipping (ordering instructions below).
AND, the first 25 WBers to order will also receive a $25 gift card (see, good things DO come in 25s!).

We have three wines in the current line-up:

2012 Bartlett Special Edition Napa Valley Merlot Blend (3L cask) Retail Price $75 – Special BerserkerDay Price $56.25
[resizeableimage=90,120]http://www.andegavia.com/assets/client/ ... t_2012.jpg[/resizeableimage]
Sourced from a world-class estate vineyard in Napa Valley whose wines command upwards of $50 per bottle, our 2012 Bartlett Special Edition Merlot Red Blend is a "Cab drinker's Merlot" and delivers dark cherry and blackcurrant along with fine tannins, balanced acidity and a hint of oak. 97% Napa Valley Merlot, 2% Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, 1% Napa Valley Petit Verdot. One three-liter cask is the equivalent of four 750ml bottles at $18.75/bottle (only $14.06/bottle with BerserkerDay Price).
2015 San Diego International Wine Competition Silver Medal Winner!

2013 Merrill Russian River Valley Pinot Noir (3L cask) Retail Price $75 – Special BerserkerDay Price $56.25
[resizeableimage=90,120]http://www.andegavia.com/assets/client/ ... t_Noir.jpg[/resizeableimage]
Sourced from an estate vineyard in Sonoma's Russian River Valley, our 2013 Merrill Pinot Noir is rich and complex with light red fruits, hints of spice and a silky smooth finish. 100% Russian River Valley Pinot Noir. One three-liter cask is the equivalent of four 750ml bottles at $18.75/bottle (only $14.06/bottle with BerserkerDay Price).
2015 San Diego International Wine Competition Silver Medal Winner!

2013 Lundfelt Dry Creek Valley Sauvignon Blanc (3L) Retail Price $60 – Special BerserkerDay Price $45
[resizeableimage=90,120]http://www.andegavia.com/assets/client/ ... c_2013.jpg[/resizeableimage]
Our 2013 Lundfelt Sauvignon Blanc delivers bright acidity with crisp green apple and pear aromas, along with hints of white peach and passion fruit. 100% Dry Creek Valley Sauvignon Blanc. One three-liter cask is the equivalent of four 750ml bottles at $14.50/bottle (only $11.25/bottle with BerserkerDay Price).

TO ORDER:
Click here to go to the Andegavia on-line store.
Fill your cart and during checkout enter BerserkerDay VI coupon code: WB2015 to get 25% off and select "ups 3-day select" for free expedited shipping on your entire order.

And, if you are one of the first 25 people to order using the code, tomorrow you will receive a $25 gift card for use on a future order!

Thank you for trying our wines,
The Andegavia Team
[resizeableimage=135,100]http://www.andegavia.com/assets/client/ ... banner.jpg[/resizeableimage]

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#2 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 27th, 2015, 7:52 am

This one fascinates me, anybody try it previously? I'm very curious to do so, because sometimes you want just a glass...and don't have a Coravin!
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

SethM
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3 Post by SethM » January 27th, 2015, 7:58 am

+1 looking for any WB feedback or insight.
M for Miller=The champagne of bottled beers

R_Gilbane
GCC Member
GCC Member

#4 Post by R_Gilbane » January 27th, 2015, 8:08 am

Agree that this is very intriguing....
Bobby

Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member

#5 Post by Brian Tuite » January 27th, 2015, 8:21 am

Took a flier on the Pinot and Sauv Blanc. Great party wine idea.
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

"Something so subtle only I can detect it." ~ Randy Bowman

2019 WOTY...

Arif F

#6 Post by Arif F » January 27th, 2015, 8:34 am

I was introduced to Gavin late last Summer by a mutual friend in NYC. The mutual friend invested in Andegavia and wanted my feedback (and to see if I could help Gavin think through branding, make introduction to distributors/retailers, etc).

Upon hearing Andegavia's story, I loved the concept and when I experienced the wines, was blown away. The packaging is very cool - it's a simple octagonal design and looks great on the bar/counter. Even better is the wine, especially the reds. When you put the two together, you get an unbelievable QPR (for example the Merlot from the source estate retails for over $50 per 750ml, which is over three times the price as the Andegavia, for the same exact wine!!!).

I liked Gavin and the wines so much that I agreed to help him out and have been on his "Advisory Board" for the last six months. Having been a WBer for a few years, I suggested BerserkerDays would be a great forum for him to pre-launch his wines at very attractive prices.

So, yes, I'm biased, but I am for the right reasons - it's a great, great product! Definitely don't hesitate to pull the trigger! And when you try, post your notes!
Last edited by Arif F on January 27th, 2015, 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
F @ z @ l

Mike Rotondo

#7 Post by Mike Rotondo » January 27th, 2015, 8:34 am

Looks like a great option when you just want a glass during the week. Giving the merlot a whirl!

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#8 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 27th, 2015, 8:41 am

Dammit, I'm in for a box of the Merlot - I'm spending WAY too much this BerserkerDay! Don't even want to start calculating.
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

SethM
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9 Post by SethM » January 27th, 2015, 8:45 am

Damn peer pressure, another one in for the merlot.

Br@d S w @ l l o w
GCC Member
GCC Member

#10 Post by Br@d S w @ l l o w » January 27th, 2015, 8:48 am

Box o' PN.

Too interesting to pass up.
"Oh, bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeosity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" ~Alex

Br@d S w @ l l o w
GCC Member
GCC Member

#11 Post by Br@d S w @ l l o w » January 27th, 2015, 8:49 am

Todd F r e n c h wrote:Don't even want to start calculating.
I have found it's easier if you just don't.
"Oh, bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeosity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" ~Alex

Tom D

#12 Post by Tom D » January 27th, 2015, 8:56 am

Love the idea - I'm in for a Pinot & Merlot.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tom D e v l i n

Karr!ng M o a n

#13 Post by Karr!ng M o a n » January 27th, 2015, 9:01 am

I ordered one of each. It was a real bargain if you consider the discount and all the other wine my in-laws WON'T be drinking ;)

k.

Gavin Macomber

#14 Post by Gavin Macomber » January 27th, 2015, 9:45 pm

Thanks Berserkers for all the support today!

The discount code will be good for the next few days for those still making their way through all the offers.

Enjoy the Andegavia wines!

Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member

#15 Post by Brian Tuite » January 28th, 2015, 6:50 am

I got a shipping notice, delivery scheduled for today! Wow, that was fast.

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

2019 WOTY...

Chris E

#16 Post by Chris E » January 28th, 2015, 1:27 pm

If anyone try's one soon can u tell us what you think
Ewen

Chris E

#17 Post by Chris E » January 28th, 2015, 1:29 pm

Can't decide which of the Reds to try
Ewen

Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member

#18 Post by Brian Tuite » January 28th, 2015, 2:50 pm

OK this is probably the first Berserker Day buy tasting note but I came home to my Andegavia order this afternoon and quickly pulled the plug, literally, on the Pinot. Medium cranberry color, red fruit, Asian spice and oak on the nose. Tart red cherry and strawberry, mouth puckering but with a full round texture. Finishes with tart red cherry and young slightly bitter tannins. Think Gary Farrell RRV. For the equivalent of $14/bottle this is an easy repurchase. Like knowing that with BIB it will go weeks without degrading. Plus, every piece of packaging is recyclable which goes over great in Sonoma County.

Sorry, didn't buy the Merlot. Sauv Blanc is on deck.
Last edited by Brian Tuite on January 28th, 2015, 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2019 WOTY...

Chris E

#19 Post by Chris E » January 28th, 2015, 4:16 pm

Thankyou I love the idea of quality wine in this format
Ewen

Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member

#20 Post by Brian Tuite » January 28th, 2015, 7:32 pm

Just re-upped for another 6L of PN. My wife loves it. Thanks guys!

2019 WOTY...

Gavin Macomber

#21 Post by Gavin Macomber » January 29th, 2015, 10:47 am

Thank you Brian! Glad you received your cask, are enjoying it and appreciate you posting a note.

We've been trying to get most all your wines out so as many as possible can have them in time for SuperBowl should you want to put out a cask (Andegavia casks are perfect for gatherings).

And for the first 25 that jumped on the offer, you will get your gift cards via email today!

Thanks again for the WB love!

SethM
GCC Member
GCC Member

#22 Post by SethM » January 29th, 2015, 11:54 am

Gavin,

Does the cask need to be in a fridge either prior to or after opening? Just received my Merlot today all the way in Florida.

Thanks

Gavin Macomber

#23 Post by Gavin Macomber » January 29th, 2015, 2:51 pm

SethM wrote:Gavin,

Does the cask need to be in a fridge either prior to or after opening? Just received my Merlot today all the way in Florida.

Thanks
Seth,

Our reds can be stored at room temp or chilled, your preference. You certainly don't need to keep chilled after opening. We do recommend chilling our whites of course in the fridge both before and after opening.. thanks for the note.

Cheers,

Gavin

SethM
GCC Member
GCC Member

#24 Post by SethM » January 29th, 2015, 2:55 pm

Gavin

I just tried a glass or two of the merlot. I was pleasantly surprised. I will put up a TN shortly but, as far as merlot goes for the price it is fun and a no brainer. A perfect party wine for friends and family.

Well done.

Seth

Karr!ng M o a n

#25 Post by Karr!ng M o a n » January 29th, 2015, 3:57 pm

Crazy fast shipping. I ordered one of each, and I when I got the package, I thought that surely they had not shipped everything, but it was all neatly packaged in one tight box. I'm going to try the merlot this weekend.

k.

Siun o'Connell
GCC Member
GCC Member

#26 Post by Siun o'Connell » January 29th, 2015, 5:59 pm

Picked one up for our next office potluck since I'm shipping all my other BD purchases there - a little thank you for folks dealing with my indulgences!

Since we're a sustainability software company, the packaging will make a good impression - and it sounds like the wine will too.

Gavin Macomber

#27 Post by Gavin Macomber » January 30th, 2015, 5:51 am

SethM wrote:Gavin

I just tried a glass or two of the merlot. I was pleasantly surprised. I will put up a TN shortly but, as far as merlot goes for the price it is fun and a no brainer. A perfect party wine for friends and family.

Well done.

Seth
Seth, glad to hear you're enjoying our Napa Merlot cask. Thanks for trying Andegavia.

Cheers,

Gavin

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#28 Post by c fu » January 31st, 2015, 9:16 pm

how quickly do the wines need to be consumed if left unopened?
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/clayfu.wine

brigcampbell
GCC Member
GCC Member

#29 Post by brigcampbell » January 31st, 2015, 9:53 pm

C Fu wrote:how quickly do the wines need to be consumed if left unopened?
I think the concept is air doesn't get in the bag there by creating wine that's not exposed. Probably not 100% true.

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#30 Post by c fu » January 31st, 2015, 10:09 pm

brigcampbell wrote:
I think the concept is air doesn't get in the bag there by creating wine that's not exposed. Probably not 100% true.
your avatar. LOL
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/clayfu.wine

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#31 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 31st, 2015, 11:06 pm

C Fu wrote:
brigcampbell wrote:
your avatar. LOL
...that he stole from me...

brigcampbell
GCC Member
GCC Member

#32 Post by brigcampbell » February 1st, 2015, 8:09 am

You can have it when you give me back the Berserkerfest trophy.

Gavin Macomber

#33 Post by Gavin Macomber » February 2nd, 2015, 5:12 am

Hi Charlie,

Unopened cask wines typically have a shelf life of ~ one year from fill date. We do have a "best by" date on the packaging for your convenience, although keep in mind our cask wines are designed for near-term consumption (e.g. they don't need to be "cellared").

Thanks

Gavin

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#34 Post by Todd F r e n c h » February 2nd, 2015, 7:56 am

Gavin Macomber wrote:
Hi Charlie,

Unopened cask wines typically have a shelf life of ~ one year from fill date. We do have a "best by" date on the packaging for your convenience, although keep in mind our cask wines are designed for near-term consumption (e.g. they don't need to be "cellared").

Thanks

Gavin
And once you pour the first glass, what's ideal in consumption for the rest?

Gavin Macomber

#35 Post by Gavin Macomber » February 2nd, 2015, 9:56 am

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
Gavin Macomber wrote:
Hi Charlie,

Thanks

Gavin
And once you pour the first glass, what's ideal in consumption for the rest?
Todd,

Our casks will stay fresh for 4 weeks after opening, though they typically don't last that long in my household :)

Cheers,

Gavin

Return to “BerserkerDay VI (January 27, 2015)”