Introducing Andegavia Cask Wines – Luxury Wine in Sustainable Packaging

In advance of Andegavia’s national retail launch in a few months, we’re excited to give Berserkers an exclusive pre-launch opportunity. When we were speaking with WB fearless leader Frenchie about an offer for BerserkerDay VI, he mentioned that WBers over the years have wondered why they couldn’t get top quality wine in this format in the US. Well, the wait - we hope - is over!

We are pleased to introduce Andegavia Cask Wines, purveyors of ultra-premium and luxury-class wines in sustainable cask style packaging. Our story is not only a sustainable packaging one (there are 3L in one recyclable cask, thereby eliminating 4 glass bottles - a 75% reduction in carbon footprint!) but it’s also the first ultra-premium & luxury-class wines sourced from renown estates in Napa & Sonoma (and beyond) made by exceptional winemakers in this format.

Andegavia was started by a fellow wine geek, who wanted a top quality wine-on-tap experience at home and was frustrated that there wasn’t anything on the market unless you lived in France!

Andegavia utilizes a négociant model (think Cameron Hughes) sourcing wines made from top varietals in top regions. Coupled with the innovatively designed patent-pending 3L cask packaging, the wine presents a phenomenal QPR (the winery sources usually charge 2-4x more per bottle than the bottle equivalent price for the Andegavia cask).

The Andegavia cask is an attractive, wine-on-tap experience at home; and, once opened, the wine stays fresh for 30 days without risk of ruin (no preservation system needed!). It’s not only a great format for everyday casual drinking, but also is great for groups and entertaining.

The brand soft launched last Summer with much fanfare at the Nantucket Wine Festival (was the only non-bottle wine to ever be presented at the festival) and progress since then has been great, mostly building the infrastructure and team for a 2015 retail launch (and, along the way, we’ve accumulated some accolades that have us pinching ourselves).

We’re very excited to give WBers a taste prior to going national. So, let’s get to the wines and the offer. Exclusive for BerserkerDay VI, we are offering 25% off retail price plus free expedited shipping (ordering instructions below).
AND, the first 25 WBers to order will also receive a $25 gift card (see, good things DO come in 25s!).

We have three wines in the current line-up:

2012 Bartlett Special Edition Napa Valley Merlot Blend (3L cask) Retail Price $75 – Special BerserkerDay Price $56.25
[resizeableimage=90,120]http://www.andegavia.com/assets/client/File/Andegavia_Merlot_2012.jpg[/resizeableimage]
Sourced from a world-class estate vineyard in Napa Valley whose wines command upwards of $50 per bottle, our 2012 Bartlett Special Edition Merlot Red Blend is a “Cab drinker’s Merlot” and delivers dark cherry and blackcurrant along with fine tannins, balanced acidity and a hint of oak. 97% Napa Valley Merlot, 2% Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, 1% Napa Valley Petit Verdot. One three-liter cask is the equivalent of four 750ml bottles at $18.75/bottle (only $14.06/bottle with BerserkerDay Price).
2015 San Diego International Wine Competition Silver Medal Winner!

2013 Merrill Russian River Valley Pinot Noir (3L cask) Retail Price $75 – Special BerserkerDay Price $56.25
[resizeableimage=90,120]http://www.andegavia.com/assets/client/File/Andegavia_2013Pinot_Noir.jpg[/resizeableimage]
Sourced from an estate vineyard in Sonoma’s Russian River Valley, our 2013 Merrill Pinot Noir is rich and complex with light red fruits, hints of spice and a silky smooth finish. 100% Russian River Valley Pinot Noir. One three-liter cask is the equivalent of four 750ml bottles at $18.75/bottle (only $14.06/bottle with BerserkerDay Price).
2015 San Diego International Wine Competition Silver Medal Winner!

2013 Lundfelt Dry Creek Valley Sauvignon Blanc (3L) Retail Price $60 – Special BerserkerDay Price $45
[resizeableimage=90,120]http://www.andegavia.com/assets/client/File/Andegavia_Sauv_Blanc_2013.jpg[/resizeableimage]
Our 2013 Lundfelt Sauvignon Blanc delivers bright acidity with crisp green apple and pear aromas, along with hints of white peach and passion fruit. 100% Dry Creek Valley Sauvignon Blanc. One three-liter cask is the equivalent of four 750ml bottles at $14.50/bottle (only $11.25/bottle with BerserkerDay Price).

TO ORDER:
Click here to go to the Andegavia on-line store.
Fill your cart and during checkout enter BerserkerDay VI coupon code: WB2015 to get 25% off and select “ups 3-day select” for free expedited shipping on your entire order.

And, if you are one of the first 25 people to order using the code, tomorrow you will receive a $25 gift card for use on a future order!

Thank you for trying our wines,
The Andegavia Team
[resizeableimage=135,100]http://www.andegavia.com/assets/client/File/Andegavia_banner.jpg[/resizeableimage]

This one fascinates me, anybody try it previously? I’m very curious to do so, because sometimes you want just a glass…and don’t have a Coravin!

+1 looking for any WB feedback or insight.

Agree that this is very intriguing…

Took a flier on the Pinot and Sauv Blanc. Great party wine idea.

I was introduced to Gavin late last Summer by a mutual friend in NYC. The mutual friend invested in Andegavia and wanted my feedback (and to see if I could help Gavin think through branding, make introduction to distributors/retailers, etc).

Upon hearing Andegavia’s story, I loved the concept and when I experienced the wines, was blown away. The packaging is very cool - it’s a simple octagonal design and looks great on the bar/counter. Even better is the wine, especially the reds. When you put the two together, you get an unbelievable QPR (for example the Merlot from the source estate retails for over $50 per 750ml, which is over three times the price as the Andegavia, for the same exact wine!!!).

I liked Gavin and the wines so much that I agreed to help him out and have been on his “Advisory Board” for the last six months. Having been a WBer for a few years, I suggested BerserkerDays would be a great forum for him to pre-launch his wines at very attractive prices.

So, yes, I’m biased, but I am for the right reasons - it’s a great, great product! Definitely don’t hesitate to pull the trigger! And when you try, post your notes!

Looks like a great option when you just want a glass during the week. Giving the merlot a whirl!

Dammit, I’m in for a box of the Merlot - I’m spending WAY too much this BerserkerDay! Don’t even want to start calculating.

Damn peer pressure, another one in for the merlot.

Box o’ PN.

Too interesting to pass up.

I have found it’s easier if you just don’t.

Love the idea - I’m in for a Pinot & Merlot.

I ordered one of each. It was a real bargain if you consider the discount and all the other wine my in-laws WON’T be drinking :wink:

k.

Thanks Berserkers for all the support today!

The discount code will be good for the next few days for those still making their way through all the offers.

Enjoy the Andegavia wines!

I got a shipping notice, delivery scheduled for today! Wow, that was fast.

If anyone try’s one soon can u tell us what you think

Can’t decide which of the Reds to try

OK this is probably the first Berserker Day buy tasting note but I came home to my Andegavia order this afternoon and quickly pulled the plug, literally, on the Pinot. Medium cranberry color, red fruit, Asian spice and oak on the nose. Tart red cherry and strawberry, mouth puckering but with a full round texture. Finishes with tart red cherry and young slightly bitter tannins. Think Gary Farrell RRV. For the equivalent of $14/bottle this is an easy repurchase. Like knowing that with BIB it will go weeks without degrading. Plus, every piece of packaging is recyclable which goes over great in Sonoma County.

Sorry, didn’t buy the Merlot. Sauv Blanc is on deck.

Thankyou I love the idea of quality wine in this format

Just re-upped for another 6L of PN. My wife loves it. Thanks guys!