BerserkerDay VI Master Thread

Warm up your credit cards and come on it, as here is where you will find all the BerserkerDay offers. Apologize to your spouse ahead of time.
Merrill Lindquist
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#101 Post by Merrill Lindquist » January 26th, 2015, 1:34 pm

Folks - just to clarify: the 3 hour special is tomorrow! The wineries had to write their offers and put in final form in advance so they can be uploaded, one at a time, tomorrow by Todd. I don't even know what time my offer will be blasted out, but as long as my inventories hold, everyone should be able to get their orders in.

If anyone has a special issue, please email me directly. I am responding to everyone with their questions today as they are coming in, and I'll be online tomorrow so it can be interactive for that 3 hour period.

And don''t forget to check out the Auction later on in the day!
Merrill
EMH Vineyards - Home of the Black Cat
email:Merrill@EMHVineyards.com

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#102 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 26th, 2015, 1:45 pm

Times have been assigned, and sent out to all participating wineries/retailers - check your PM inbox!
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

Emily Richer
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#103 Post by Emily Richer » January 26th, 2015, 1:55 pm

So Todd, to be clear, my offer is posted at the assigned time, for ALL to see, but the subscribers can order first AM on the 27th? Correct? So, if, say, I offer free shipping for all AM orders, that can be a wee bonus benefit to subscribers who can see my offer on the pre-launch thread? Just trying to make it even more fun.
Virage Napa Valley
Winemaker, Owner & Shipping Clerk

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#104 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 26th, 2015, 2:07 pm

Emily Richer wrote:So Todd, to be clear, my offer is posted at the assigned time, for ALL to see, but the subscribers can order first AM on the 27th? Correct? So, if, say, I offer free shipping for all AM orders, that can be a wee bonus benefit to subscribers who can see my offer on the pre-launch thread? Just trying to make it even more fun.
Subscribers already saw yours, so they know to plan for buying it if it's on their radar.

Tomorrow, all offers go dark until launch time to everybody but me (and those in the Pre-Launch forum, making the offers, of course).
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#105 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 26th, 2015, 2:25 pm

Just an idea...I wonder if producers who are coming to Falltacular want to offer free pick-up at Falltacular, provided both customer and seller are going?

Scott Watkins
GCC Member
GCC Member

#106 Post by Scott Watkins » January 26th, 2015, 2:51 pm

Todd F r e n c h wrote:Just an idea...I wonder if producers who are coming to Falltacular want to offer free pick-up at Falltacular, provided both customer and seller are going?
That would nice for that fancy new wine check i'm seriously considering [cheers.gif]
“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#107 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 26th, 2015, 2:55 pm

Scott W wrote:
Todd F r e n c h wrote:Just an idea...I wonder if producers who are coming to Falltacular want to offer free pick-up at Falltacular, provided both customer and seller are going?
That would nice for that fancy new wine check i'm seriously considering [cheers.gif]
You should not be 'considering' anything, you should be buying!

BTW, I'm putting my money where my mouth is. I'm already nearly $800 in and have a bunch more tomorrow to buy!

Scott Watkins
GCC Member
GCC Member

#108 Post by Scott Watkins » January 26th, 2015, 3:31 pm

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
Scott W wrote:
You should not be 'considering' anything, you should be buying!

BTW, I'm putting my money where my mouth is. I'm already nearly $800 in and have a bunch more tomorrow to buy!
Right..order in.. That stem carrier will come in handy! champagne.gif
“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

jimmack

#109 Post by jimmack » January 26th, 2015, 3:37 pm

Wine berserkers,

Thought I should post here to let you know that Jemrose will not be able to participate this year as we have always done in the past. Todd has put together a great event for all the board members and we are very grateful for all your support in previous events.

The reason for not participating simply has to do with the inventory we have on hand at the warehouse. Last year we offered our 2010 reds and 2012 Viognier which we recently sold out. In 2011 we did not produce any red wine under the Jemrose label due to the difficult harvest. We did produce 2011 wines under our second label Cardiac Cuvée which we sold through an onlinr retailer but those are sold out.

We will be releasing our 2012 red wines and 2013 Viogner later this year first to our customers on our mailing list. So if you have ordered in the past on Berserkerdsy you will be getting the offer.

Hope you understand the circumstances. A big thank you to Todd and all of you who have supported us in the past on Bersekerday.

Let the buying begin!!

Jim Mack
Jim Mack
Jemrose Vineyards

TGigante
GCC Member
GCC Member

#110 Post by TGigante » January 26th, 2015, 3:44 pm

SS Chris Stanisci wrote:
Todd F r e n c h wrote:
Michael Davenport wrote:How long after payment until my status is updated as a Subscriber?
As soon as I can catch up!
Todd, my apologies for being late to subscribe, but I'm with Michael too.
NTTAWWT
Cheers,
Tony

Merrill Lindquist
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#111 Post by Merrill Lindquist » January 26th, 2015, 4:12 pm

Mark Y wrote:
Todd F r e n c h wrote:
Mark Y wrote:What happened to the EMH offer? i saw it, and now it's gone..
No it's not - it's on page 2 of the Pre-Launch forum
There's a page 2.. oh dear..
honestly with both prelaunch and purchaser forum.. this is quite overwhelming.. :)
you...have...no...idea. Based on the sheer volume of PMs, direct emails, and so on TODAY,tomorrow promises to be a very fun and busy day.
Merrill
EMH Vineyards - Home of the Black Cat
email:Merrill@EMHVineyards.com

Dave English
GCC Member
GCC Member

#112 Post by Dave English » January 26th, 2015, 5:07 pm

Will BD ever happen in other countries? Australia for example. Very frustrating seeing the good deals and knowing you can't get any. :-)

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#113 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 26th, 2015, 5:22 pm

Dave English wrote:Will BD ever happen in other countries? Australia for example. Very frustrating seeing the good deals and knowing you can't get any. :-)
Because of shipping issues? I'd be happy to have a BerserkerDay in Australia/New Zealand, but someone would have to scare up all the Aussie members, and Aussie wineries!

Dave English
GCC Member
GCC Member

#114 Post by Dave English » January 26th, 2015, 6:02 pm

Yes, shipping in most cases would be more than the worth of the wine.

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#115 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 26th, 2015, 6:52 pm

All you Burgophiles who typically 'skip' BerserkerDay might not want to skip this year...seriously.

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#116 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 26th, 2015, 7:06 pm

Also, I'm starting to wonder if we need a separate BerserkerDay forum for 'wineries that ship to Texas'...or maybe we need someone to come up with a business that consolidates wine shipments and brings them into Texas in a sweet wine van.

CoryA

#117 Post by CoryA » January 26th, 2015, 8:37 pm

Todd F r e n c h wrote:Also, I'm starting to wonder if we need a separate BerserkerDay forum for 'wineries that ship to Texas'...or maybe we need someone to come up with a business that consolidates wine shipments and brings them into Texas in a sweet wine van.
Yikes, I'm in Texas and BD is going to really suck for me if many are not willing to ship! It would be nice to be able to easily identify those who will.
A n d e r s

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#118 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 26th, 2015, 8:48 pm

CoryA wrote:
Todd F r e n c h wrote:Also, I'm starting to wonder if we need a separate BerserkerDay forum for 'wineries that ship to Texas'...or maybe we need someone to come up with a business that consolidates wine shipments and brings them into Texas in a sweet wine van.
Yikes, I'm in Texas and BD is going to really suck for me if many are not willing to ship! It would be nice to be able to easily identify those who will.
Road trip to another state, ship there, drive it all back. Boom. Done.

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#119 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 26th, 2015, 9:29 pm

PREVIEWS END IN JUST A FEW MINUTES!!

I'm taking the Pre-Launch and Early Purchase forums black in just a few minutes, folks, so take a look while you can! The fun begins tomorrow at 7:10 am, and for those who send in uber-last-minute requests of some sort, I might not get to you in time, as I will be listing offers every 5 minutes from 7:10 PST until about 3:00 pm PST, then the auctions will start!

rjquillin
GCC Member
GCC Member

#120 Post by rjquillin » January 26th, 2015, 9:39 pm

looks like you already did.
Thought it went till 10..
~Ron Q~

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#121 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 26th, 2015, 9:41 pm

Sorry folks, I gave it nearly 13 hours of live activity, and I need to settle down, read a book for a bit, and get some sleep before starting at 7:10 am with offers for everyone tomorrow!

Dan Hammer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#122 Post by Dan Hammer » January 26th, 2015, 9:43 pm

Todd F r e n c h wrote:Sorry folks, I gave it nearly 13 hours of live activity, and I need to settle down, read a book for a bit, and get some sleep before starting at 7:10 am with offers for everyone tomorrow!

Oh good. This will give us BlizzardSerkers time to shovel, take a hot shower, and have a cup of coffee before all the fun begins.
This space for rent.

T Welch
GCC Member
GCC Member

#123 Post by T Welch » January 26th, 2015, 9:45 pm

And I was just getting ready to dive in...
T*R*U*E*T*T

Steve Anderson
GCC Member
GCC Member

#124 Post by Steve Anderson » January 26th, 2015, 10:00 pm

Doh...only half way through the list!
Delectable: Steve Anderson IG: steveandmisuk

Sherri S h a p i r o
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#125 Post by Sherri S h a p i r o » January 27th, 2015, 5:13 am

paultgilmore wrote:
A K a I l wrote:
Peter Hirsch wrote:Yep. Starting tomorrow afternoon, continuing to early Wed morn. A foot of snow in Manhattan and up to 2 feet in Boston. And 50mph winds everywhere. Classic NorEaster crusher here. Everyone inside, no one on the roads, I'm sure all railroads shut down. What to do, what to do.... Hey..... BerserkerDay!!!
If I recall correctly this happened a few years back on Berserker Day as well. Fingers crossed that Metro North shuts down here in CT, which given the state of disrepair, is pretty much a given.
Don't usually like snow days, but this storm is convenient - as long as I don't lose power. Tuesday will be no school. Excellent timing.
Funny to see your post here, Paul, as my daughter will be spending her day studying for her Chem midterm tomorrow (obviously with another teacher LOL)!

S. Williams

#126 Post by S. Williams » January 27th, 2015, 6:03 am

jimmack wrote:Wine berserkers,

Thought I should post here to let you know that Jemrose will not be able to participate this year as we have always done in the past. Todd has put together a great event for all the board members and we are very grateful for all your support in previous events.

The reason for not participating simply has to do with the inventory we have on hand at the warehouse. Last year we offered our 2010 reds and 2012 Viognier which we recently sold out. In 2011 we did not produce any red wine under the Jemrose label due to the difficult harvest. We did produce 2011 wines under our second label Cardiac Cuvée which we sold through an onlinr retailer but those are sold out.

We will be releasing our 2012 red wines and 2013 Viogner later this year first to our customers on our mailing list. So if you have ordered in the past on Berserkerdsy you will be getting the offer.

Hope you understand the circumstances. A big thank you to Todd and all of you who have supported us in the past on Bersekerday.

Let the buying begin!!

Jim Mack
Sorry to miss you, as Jemrose was probably my favorite find last year and I was definitely considering buying more. Don't know whether to be sad we are missing you, or happy my wallet is safe from at least one assault. :)

Seriously, you make great stuff and I'll be looking for that email.
$u$@n Wi!!i@m$

Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member

#127 Post by Brian Tuite » January 27th, 2015, 6:08 am

paultgilmore wrote:
A K a I l wrote:
Peter Hirsch wrote:Yep. Starting tomorrow afternoon, continuing to early Wed morn. A foot of snow in Manhattan and up to 2 feet in Boston. And 50mph winds everywhere. Classic NorEaster crusher here. Everyone inside, no one on the roads, I'm sure all railroads shut down. What to do, what to do.... Hey..... BerserkerDay!!!
If I recall correctly this happened a few years back on Berserker Day as well. Fingers crossed that Metro North shuts down here in CT, which given the state of disrepair, is pretty much a given.
Don't usually like snow days, but this storm is convenient - as long as I don't lose power. Tuesday will be no school. Excellent timing.
Never underestimate ther power of the Berserkers! [berserker.gif]
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

"Something so subtle only I can detect it." ~ Randy Bowman

2019 WOTY...

Jeff Br@ziun@s

#128 Post by Jeff Br@ziun@s » January 27th, 2015, 6:17 am

jimmack wrote:Wine berserkers,

Let the buying begin!!

Jim Mack
No wonder why I couldn't find the Jemrose offer yesterday. It was one of my favorites from last year and high on the re-buy list. No worries, I can wait a year!

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#129 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 27th, 2015, 7:38 am

PLEASE, folks, share the link to this forum with all your friends, on your social media (Twitter, Facebook, etc) and even via email if you have a newsletter of some kind. I'm unable to post much on any of the social media because I have only 5 minutes between offers!

mattcitrang
GCC Member
GCC Member

#130 Post by mattcitrang » January 27th, 2015, 7:44 am

Hit 714 people online. New record?

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#131 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 27th, 2015, 7:45 am

mattcitrang wrote:Hit 714 people online. New record?
716, and yeah, new record. I'm sure it will exceed that. It's 718 right now, as a matter of fact. Wait, 725...

Dan Hammer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#132 Post by Dan Hammer » January 27th, 2015, 7:55 am

Todd F r e n c h wrote:PLEASE, folks, share the link to this forum with all your friends, on your social media (Twitter, Facebook, etc) and even via email if you have a newsletter of some kind. I'm unable to post much on any of the social media because I have only 5 minutes between offers!
I just posted on the most recent Flyertalk wine thread. [cheers.gif]
This space for rent.

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#133 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 27th, 2015, 7:57 am

I'm told our server is pretty maxed out, with this many users on at once, so hopefully we make it through the day without a shutdown!

cjsavino
GCC Member
GCC Member

#134 Post by cjsavino » January 27th, 2015, 8:16 am

Almost 800 users
Chris

Robert Pollard-Smith
GCC Member
GCC Member

#135 Post by Robert Pollard-Smith » January 27th, 2015, 8:24 am

Dan Hammer wrote:
Todd F r e n c h wrote:PLEASE, folks, share the link to this forum with all your friends, on your social media (Twitter, Facebook, etc) and even via email if you have a newsletter of some kind. I'm unable to post much on any of the social media because I have only 5 minutes between offers!
I just posted on the most recent Flyertalk wine thread. [cheers.gif]
I think Todd's going to need a new server. neener
He's like a star on a foggy morning
When you think he's near, he's far away

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#136 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 27th, 2015, 8:29 am

815 new record - wow...

Jeff Br@ziun@s

#137 Post by Jeff Br@ziun@s » January 27th, 2015, 8:52 am

Todd F r e n c h wrote:815 new record - wow...
What was last year's peak # of users on BD?

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#138 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 27th, 2015, 8:54 am

Jeff Br@ziun@s wrote:
Todd F r e n c h wrote:815 new record - wow...
What was last year's peak # of users on BD?

cjsavino
GCC Member
GCC Member

#139 Post by cjsavino » January 27th, 2015, 8:56 am

looks like the new offers come in at the bottom of the page, until someone bumps it up
Chris

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#140 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 27th, 2015, 8:57 am

cjsavino wrote:looks like the new offers come in at the bottom of the page, until someone bumps it up
No, they come in at top, but anytime anyone posts in another thread, that goes to the top

Marshall Gelb
GCC Member
GCC Member

#141 Post by Marshall Gelb » January 27th, 2015, 9:12 am

Now I get it.......sent PM about pre-launch but now I understand.
A quién tiene buen vino no le faltan amigos.

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#142 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 27th, 2015, 9:54 am

Everybody having fun yet??? We're not even half way done!!!!!!

Mike Stoneking
GCC Member
GCC Member

#143 Post by Mike Stoneking » January 27th, 2015, 10:03 am

Just got a CC payment alert in my email for the card I am using. I don't think they want to wait for the next cycle to get their payment.
ITB..............Someone has to drink all this damn wine.
Viva Berserkers!!

cjsavino
GCC Member
GCC Member

#144 Post by cjsavino » January 27th, 2015, 10:11 am

Only three hours into this and my CC is smoking
Chris

SethM
GCC Member
GCC Member

#145 Post by SethM » January 27th, 2015, 10:17 am

I need a drink:).
M for Miller=The champagne of bottled beers

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#146 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 27th, 2015, 10:17 am

cjsavino wrote:Only three hours into this and my CC is smoking
and about 4.5 hours to go...plus auctions

pileon

e chin
GCC Member
GCC Member

#147 Post by e chin » January 27th, 2015, 10:30 am

Bring on those auctions
Ed

“if you're comfortable with your passions and opinions, you shouldn't feel the need to convince other people that they're wrong” Tim Fish

cjsavino
GCC Member
GCC Member

#148 Post by cjsavino » January 27th, 2015, 10:34 am

Amazed at the numbers on some of the page views. 2800+ on Liquid Farm, 1800 or so on Wine Library, same on Flannery.
Chris

Chris Presutti
GCC Member
GCC Member

#149 Post by Chris Presutti » January 27th, 2015, 10:54 am

What happened to the Down To Earth offers? I came home for lunch just to place my order and they are no longer here. [scratch.gif]
Were they time limited this time unlike previous years? If so, this is very unfortunate.

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#150 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 27th, 2015, 10:56 am

Chris Presutti wrote:What happened to the Down To Earth offers? I came home for lunch just to place my order and they are no longer here. [scratch.gif]
Were they time limited this time unlike previous years? If so, this is very unfortunate.
They are coming...soon

Remember, EVERY OFFER HAS ITS OWN LAUNCH TIME! Stick around, keep hitting refresh, as there's a LOT to go around yet.

Return to “BerserkerDay VI (January 27, 2015)”