Your Microlot Coffee Journey Begins--SOLD OUT

Microlot coffee has become the new adventure for true coffee lovers. This is a fun journey of specialty microlots—i.e. coffee that is produced by its date and origin—because each farm/area has its own terroir.

These farmers live within higher standards than their counterparts at other origins. About ten years ago many farmers started building their own micro mills in order to keep their coffee separate from commercial coffee and sell a superior product.

Here is the beginning of your journey!!

**You will receive 2-8oz sealed, one way valve bags of each coffee. We will roast these coffees on Saturday, January 31 and ship on Monday, February 2.

$68/shipping included for 4# of Microlot Coffee.**

La Trinidad Co-op Tarrazu
Origin: Costa Rica
Region: Tarrazu
Farm: Several small farmers from La Trinidad area
Variety: Cattura
Altitude: 1450-1600m
Processing: Traditional washing process, patio dried
Cupping notes: A rich, full bodied cup of coffee, there are great spice and dark fruit notes throughout. All of this is followed by subtle hints of tobacco.

Our favorite coffee (from over 150 coffees cupped) on our most recent buying trip to Costa Rica came from this Co-op. The community of La Trinidad produced this coffee. This Co-op consists of over 2600 members of which 810 are women. Founded in 1960, they recently started a Community Coffee Program in which the premium for their coffee goes right back into the town. In the past years, they have built bridges and fixed roads to aid the whole community in getting their products to market. It is a great coffee and we are so glad that we were able to get a good supply of the ONLY 75 bags produced for the world!!!

Rwanda Organic Gishamwana
Origin: Rwanda
Region: Gishamwana Island in Lake Kivu
Farm: Gishamwana Washing Station
Variety: Bourbon (an old Arabica variety with excellent fruit production)
Altitude: 1500-1650 meters
Processing: Wet and dry fermentation, dried on raised beds
Cupping notes: Salted caramel, raisin and citric acidity

Gishawama Island has over thirty five thousand coffee trees planted with environmental balance as a focal point. This farm is in the process of becoming certified organic and is currently farmed with organic farming practices. Due to the isolation of this island coffee, typical pests and diseases are not present. The coffee is also grown with forestry techniques in mind that allow for much more shade than is usually seen in African coffees.

Sulawesi Toarco Tana Toraja
Origin: Sulawesi
Region: Pango Pango-Perindingan, Tana Toraja
Farm: Several small-holders
Variety: S795 (a typica hybrid found in Southeast Asia and India)
Altitude: 1200-1800m
Processing: Traditional washing process, patio dried
Cupping notes: Toffee and caramel flavors with floral aromatics and an herbal aftertaste.

Toarco, a Japanese-Indonesian collective, has had roots in Sulawesi since 1976, standardizing the washed-process, drying and storage of Tana Toraja’s coffee. Farmers are given educational opportunities with Toarco as well as coffee cultivation training to further their thriving culture. Sulawesian coffee in general has a cleaner, brighter aspect when compared to the traditional Indonesian coffee profile. For ages, the isolation of this mountainous region has protected elements of traditional agrarian culture from the outside world. Over the years its Arabica coffee has become quite a legend.

Kenyan AB Kingu
Origin: Kenyan
Region: Embu
Farm: Kingu Factory of Thambana Farmers Cooperative Society
Variety: SL 28 and SL 34 with a little Ruiru 11 (all three are native Kenyan Arabica varietals)
Altitude: 1650-1700m
Processing: Traditional Kenyan style double fermentation
Cupping notes: Floral aromatics with berry, grape and caramel flavors. Citric acidity with mild aftertaste.

Embu region is located on the Eastern slopes of Mount Kenya. This region gets a good meter of rain and has amazing red volcanic soil, which contributes to the cup in an intriguing fashion. The Thambana Farmers Cooperative Society has about 3,000 members and 300 hectares of land collectively. Each farmer produces just over a bag of coffee from this cooperative, ensuring top-quality coffee.

E-mail ericn@thecoffeegrounds.com with your order and phone number. We will contact you to get shipping and credit card information.

And so it begins!!! Welcome to BerserkerDay, folks!

Nice subliminal message, i.e. coffee to start the day.

in for an order - got to get the credit card warmed up. :slight_smile:

Some good java to start the festivities. [thumbs-up.gif] Email in.

Can you specify what level of roast you want?

I wish I could have ordered this yesterday & had it over-nighted to help with today [training.gif]
In for four pounds!

This is such a great offer. Thank you!

Love the 8oz bags…I keep one, my friend gets one

Love this too. Thx

In.

Any idea how long the bags would stay fresh?

Nice offer. I too would like some indication on how dark these are roasted.

Email sent…order in.

I agree that I would like to know the level of roast.

Cheers!
Marshall [berserker.gif]

Ok–starting off WB VI with a bang. Sorry, i have been taking e-mail orders all morning and just getting to the online questions.

We are almost out of coffee–only enough left for about 8 more orders. Send me an e-mail ASAP if you want to get in.

To answer a few questions:

We are roasting these coffees to a full city roast. That is where we think they are the finest. Let’s the nuances of these microlots offerings come thru.

We are offering them in the 2-8oz bags vs a 1# bag as it will keep the coffee fresher longer. While they are not vacuum sealed, they have a one way valve in the bag to let the gasses out but no air back in. I think realistically 2-3 weeks is a good time frame to consume them by.

Or just do as Chris does–share with a friend.

down to 3 offerings left.

1 lonely offering left–who wants it??

email sent

Thanks to all. We are now sold out.

We hope to offer microlot coffees on a more regular basis so if you are interested, just send me an e-mail and we’ll put you on the list for when they become available.

We are in the process of calling everyone now to get shipping and CC info. Just listen for my employee, Julia, with her “mid-west” voice on the phone

We are roasting this weekend and should get it shipping on Monday 2/2. FedEx ground.

Enjoy!!

Eric

You betcha