Maison Harbour 2013 Burgundy Pinot Noir and Chardonnay

Oh Happy BeserkerDay!

Three years ago we quit our jobs working in finance and moved to Burgundy to stick our feet in some of the best Pinot Noir and Chardonnay grapes we could find. Now, here we are with our first vintage, 2013, shipping this spring.

To get a better idea of who we are, hit play on the video below to see the highlights from our 2014 harvest.
[vimeo]109045994[/vimeo]If you were not lucky enough to score a few bottles of our limited production (<4,000 bottles) during our presale offer last summer, this is your chance to get on board with Maison Harbour’s first vintage! While the deal is not quite as sweet as it was… you have a great exchange rate working on your side. So grab a mixed pack while they last and try these wines that we put so much more than just our feet into.

BerserkerSampler

Our mixed pack will contain one bottle of each of the wines we produced in 2013, four Pinot Noirs and two Chardonnays… and it is yours today for 350 EUR with FREE SHIPPING from the Maison Harbour cellar to yours.

Chardonnay

Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru ‘En Cailleret’ 2013 | 750 ml
2 Barrels | 550 Bottles Produced

Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru ‘En Remilly’ 2013 | 750 ml
3.5 Barrels | 960 Bottles Produced

Pinot Noir

Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru ‘Combe au Moine’ 2013 | 750 ml
1.5 Barrels | 410 Bottles Produced

Pommard 1er Cru ‘Les Chanlins’ 2013 | 750 ml
2 Barrels | 550 Bottles Produced

Vosne-Romanée ‘Champs-Perdrix’ 2013 | 750 ml
1 Barrel | 275 Bottles Produced

Gevrey-Chambertin ‘La Justice’ 2013 | 750 ml
4 Barrels | 1100 Bottles Produced
To Order

Reserve your case by sending an email to contact@maisonharbour.com. Please provide your shipping details. Invoices will be emailed (including applicable taxes) and payment can be completed by credit card online. Wines ship Spring 2015!

Cheers,
Nicholas & Colleen Harbour

Interested in future offers and following our story? Join the mailing list by sending an email to mailinglist@maisonharbour.com

Maison Harbour | Burgundy, France
24 rue Chanson Maldant | Savigny-lès-Beaune 21420

You say you want Burgundy? Burned by perhaps another Maison? This is a tremendous deal, Nicholas! And look, folks, Gevrey-Chambertin & Vosne-Romanee!

Great stuff when it was in the barrel. I can’t wait for my order to arrive.

Wow. That’s attractive pricing for some very good appellations.

And priced in Euros!

350.00 EUR = 397.515 USD

Yah, priced in EUR… and the Dollar is going Berserker!

Those labels are seriously beautiful.

Thanks, really awesome to hear that. Colleen and I put so much time into the labels and it is… well, as you put it, seriously beautiful!

We took the advice from our good friends at Lapierre and Julien Sunier in Beaujolais and decided to work with their graphic guy… Romain Renoux (http://www.pixelstore.fr & http://www.hypercute.fr). The artist is actually his father, Allain Renoux (http://www.allainrenoux.fr/).

Feeling blessed!

Its 9pm in Burgundy now… and it is a bit late for happy hour. So, Colleen and I decided to skip the appero and get right into the wines!

We will be tasting through each wine from our mixed pack and posting some notes for you all.

Chardonnays are up first!

Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru 'En Remilly’
Exploding with tropical fruit, pear and mango with an undercurrent of that beautiful buttery popcorn. The first sips give way to the witty attack and a great acidity. The wine develops with a brillant chewy width following through to a, ‘just take another sip’, encouraging finish.

Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru 'En Cailleret’
‘En Cailleret’ showcases what everyone is waiting for from a Chassagne… that distinct minerality that delivers from start to end. Clean with a line of acidity that hold the wines focus. A clear expression of this legendary terrior.

Nicholas and Colleen, are wonderful people who I am proud to call friends. Rumor has it my wife and I and some friends were the first to their newly official winery. It was a really fun time. If you visit Burgundy, visit Maison Harbour. I have no doubt that great wine will be flowing. Oh, and this is a killer offer!

on to the Pinot!

Gevrey-Chambertin ‘La Justice’ develops steadily in the glass… aromas of violet, strawberry and ripe cherry giving body to its classic baby Pinot profile. But wait, there is some real structure here… a very interesting minerality that really showcases the smokey, soft tannin. It all comes back around to the fruit and closes with a peppery finish.

Our single barrel of Vosne-Romanée ‘Champs Perdrix’, can we even spare a few sips to taste this wine? Yah of course! Thats why we made it. This wine still shows the same consistently it had when it was first in barrel, earthy and rich aromas, as you have come to know and love from the village of Vosne. Drinking it, the complexity and elegance are the highlight. Ultimately, it settles in and the promising and fruit forward nuances characteristic of the 2013 vintage are on center stage.

Pommard 1er Cru ‘Les Chanlins’ is big, bold and grippps your pallet. There is a rich stewed dark red fruit that promises to evolve with the years. Holding true to its appellation, Pommard, this wine is all about power.

Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru ‘Combe au Moine’ so so so elegant. It almost surprises you with its depth. You start thinking… ‘this is some good juice’ and it just keeps giving. Layered complexity, smooth tannins, ripe young fruit, blackberry/raspberry and a truly refined finish.

Here in Burgundy it’s time for lights out. Colleen already sailed off into dreamland a while back. I am sure fairly easily after tasting through the lineup with me.

We really enjoyed being a part of the day. Thanks for the all the support and the interest in what we are doing!

Cheers,
Nicholas

Anyone still interested in our offer, please send an email to contact@maisonharbour.com. We will keep the offer going through the end of the day.