BeserkerDayVI will be fast 'n easy for you (and me) with Berserker Bundles:
Order directly from my website http://www.viragenapavalley.com/shop
BB4: 4pak flyer of the lovely aged library faves - (2) Virage 2007 Red + (2) Virage 2008 Red = $168.00 @ 25% off! (Normally $224) You will think you are drinking St. Emilion Grand Crus. Just click and go!
BB6: 6pak = 4pak above plus (2) WINE ENTHUSIAST BEST OF YEAR 2013 Dry Rosé of CabFranc. $276 bundle @$193.20 30% discount! Click, go!
BB6R: All Red 6pak = 4pak above plus current release (2) 2010 Virage =$232.40 30% off! (Would be $332, wow, I'm giving away the store.) Click and go!
BB12: A Vintners Dozen.... You choose 11, no limits, and I choose one, this OFFER INCLUDES GROUND SHIPPING. Case price = your 11 priced at 30% off!!!!! So that's like 33% off the case. INSANE deal. Use COUPON CODE BB12 at checkout. Trust me, I'm good at this, you WILL like the surprise. To assist with this stressful option (CHOICES!), here's my take on how everything is drinking, others welcome to chime in:
- - - 2007: Beautiful. Engaging, aromatic, layered and complex wine with a haunting and mouthwatering finish. Opens up in 15 mins and continues to evolve for hours. Dense black plum and cherry layered with signature Virage minerality and bittersweet cocoa and espresso on the finish. Tannins are optimally ripe; the 1000-thread count variety that is reminiscent of 'Right Bank.' Finally can enjoy this wine without waiting a day for it to come together!
- - - 2008: The 'SLEEPER' Virage! Open her a day ahead--literally--or good couple hours in decanter--and the rich, focused anise and chocolate appears. But immediately at opening a slippery SMOOTH crowd pleaser - a little fruit, a little savory and a lot smooth. Complexity, stone fruits, licorice, toasted almond. Of all BerserkerDayV deals, this vintage was the most re-ordered (it's also the best price so more a daily drinker). At 30% off, only $36.40ea
- - - 2010: Rich, voluptuous, decadent, youthful fruit. Barely street legal. The tannin structure and mineral backbone is back, fingerprinting this complex blend as a younger sister to the 2007; with patience, the balance arrives, a beautifully RICH wine.
- - - 2013 CabFranc Rosé: Dispel all notions of rosé as a summer-only fruity wine! Think Brut Rosé without the bubbles. Provencal style, direct-pressed, with real acid and zero residual sugar. This delicate color and subtle flavor complex of white peach, quince and sheer minerality can only come from a grape harvested early, pressed quickly and fermented like a white wine, aged on its lees, NO OAK. Best discount ever offered on this almost-sold-out wine!! I must be going berserk.
- - - The 12th Wine? Rumor has it early sneak-peeks of the upcoming releases! 2011 Virage Red: gorgeous balanced wine with such pretty concentrated fruit that you will re-think statewide insults to the vintage; in more temperate zones, losing the inland extreme daytime highs during the growing season actually pulls less fog over our heads in Carneros. That said, lucky I'm a small producer as culling out the botrytis in the field, from harvest-time rains, was no joke. For rosé lovers, perhaps a sneak peek at the upcoming 2014 rosé produced with collaboration of a winemaker from Provence! And if you loved--or missed--it, there are actually a couple bottles of the popular (sold out) 2008 Barrel Select in my personal cellar....
- NOTE ON SHIPPING: As a member of the CALIFORNIA WINE INSTITUTE, we pass on their NEGOTIATED FEDEX PRICES; my ecommerce site pulls LIVE rates. With no charge for packaging, and no markup on FedEx rates, the cost is super reasonable! Virage pays for GROUND shipping on the 12-bottle bundle. PLEASE CHOOSE A BUSINESS ADDRESS TO AVOID WINE BUMBLING ABOUT ALL DAY ON A LOCAL DELIVERY TRUCK --AND SAVE $$. If you choose a residential address, when confirming, I will strongarm you to have the wine delivered to a FedEx Office near you for pickup