Eno Fine Wine/Tanaro River Imports: Free shipping, big discounts on French and Italians

Eno Fine Wine + Tanaro River Imports

Eno Fine Wine and Tanaro River Imports have teamed up with an offering of some our favorite French and Italian producers at essentially wholesale pricing and free shipping nationwide. Please note that shipments to many areas of the US are on hold for the time being due to weather. We’ll arrange shipping when the first opportunity to do so arises.

Alsatian Sampler from our very own Berserker Florian Beck-Hartweg - $115 $155 value
These are classic representations of the great tradition of Alsace. Organically farmed, handmade wines of real distinction and elegance. 6 pack, one of each.

All tasting notes courtesy of owner/winemaker Florian Beck-Hartweg

2011 Auxerrois
“A great occasion to discover this rare grape variety. An old vine which gives us a wine with loads of fruity flavors, crisp, fresh.”

2011 Pinot Gris “Prestige”
“Very nice balance for this Pinot Gris: fruity and dry.”

2010 Pinot Gris Grand Cru “Frankstein”
“The great granitic terroir of the Grand cru Frankstein produces a very mineral, dry and Pinot Gris of great length.”

2009 Riesling Vieilles Vignes
“Very surprising Riesling, picked very ripe from our 50+ year old vines: nose of pineapple and tropical fruits, interesting balance in mouth: very fruity, lightly sweet and nice freshness.”

2011 Riesling “Prestige”
“Great dry Riesling from our Granitic terroir: elegant, mineral.”

2008 Gewurztraminer “Cuvee l’Ours”
“Very aromatic, exotic, and well balanced Gewurz. The sandstone/volcanic soil gives a nice complexitu with some spicy notes.”

Click here to order:
http://enofinewine.com/products/alsatian-sampler-115-free-shipping

Thomas-Labaille Sancerre “Monts Damnés” 2012 6 pack $120 $150 value
The Monts Damnés vineyard in Chavignol is considered to be the finest of all Sancerre vineyards, and of the small group of producers who make great wine here (the Thomas-Labaille, the Cotats, Boulay etc.) this is the only one you’ll see for less than $45. Wines from this dead south facing, extremely steep limestone slope don’t tend to produce the typical expression of Sancerre, i.e, gooseberry, grass and pipi du chat notes. This is classic Chavignol Sauvignon Blanc which is to say pure, rich, mineral driven, lots of citrus and extraordinary complexity. These wines actually have a lot more in common with high quality Chablis

Click here to order:
http://enofinewine.com/products/thomas-labaille-sancerre-les-monts-damnes-2012-6-pack

Piemontese 6 pack $139 $185 value
Here’s a great opportunity to sample a variety of Nebbiolo styles, including a couple of Freisas, Nebbiolo’s kissing cousin. Freisa is traditionally made in both a still and slightly frizzante or “vivace” style and we have both here from one of the best sources in the hills outside Asti. A pair of youthful Nebbioli made for early drinking and 2 big gun traditional classics round out the offer.

2012 Tenuta Tamburnin Freisa “Giulietta” Vivace
2009 Tenuta Tamburnin Freisa Superiore
2008 Bosco Langhe Nebbiolo
2009 Brangero Nebbiolo d’Alba
2009 Angelo Germano Barolo
2008 Olek Bondonio Barbaresco

Click here to order:
http://enofinewine.com/products/piemontese-6-pack-139

Brunello di Montalcino Vertical 3 pack - $125 $165 value
Three distinctly different vintage profiles from relative newcomer (first vintage 1999) Valter Nannetti. “Colombaio” is Sig. Nannetti’s farm in Montalcino where a grand total of 5,000 bottles of wine, and just a fraction of that the big Brunello, are produced from a little over 3 acres of vines. Traditional fermentation and aging in a blend of large and small wood. Tiny US allocation, get them while you can.

2006 Brunello di Montalcino Colombaio di Valter Nannetti
2007 Brunello di Montalcino Colombaio di Valter Nannetti
2008 Brunello di Montalcino Colombaio di Valter Nannetti

Click here to order:
http://enofinewine.com/products/brunello-vertical-3-pack-125

2009 Cru Barolo 3 pack - $139 $200 value

Here’s a great opportunity to taste three single vineyard, or cru, Barolos from three of the most highly prized sites in three different communes. All showing their distinct terroir qualities from the exotic perfume of Monvigliero to the tense power of Rué.

2009 Angelo Germano Barolo Vigna Rué - Barolo
Traditional beauty from one of the older addresses in La Morra. Classic Barolo from one of the most famous hillside sites in the commune.

2009 Agostino Bosco Barolo La Serra - La Morra
Classic style from one of the two best vineyards in the amphitheatre below the town of La Morra, La Serra is the yin to neighboring Brunate’s yang; high toned and focused with pure Nebbiolo notes of tar and licorice.

2009 Brangero Barolo Monvigliero - Verduno
Outstanding freshman effort from this name to watch. Marco Brangero managed to acquire a piece of this historic vineyard recently and his first vintage is a knockout. All the high toned aromatics this site is known for and plenty of underlying power. Old school, 60 day maceration on the skins and extended time in wood.

Click here to order:
http://enofinewine.com/products/2009-cru-barolo-3-pack-139

Dive in, fans of the Old World…as I said, something for everyone in BerserkerDay!!!

Couple of notes from the importer:

Florian is happy to answer any questions (he should be lurking some where around here!?!) on his Alsatian wines!

You’ll find many of his wines at places like Melisse, Playground (soon), Bouchon BH…

Our Tiny Brunello producer has landed a choice spot on the list Saison in SF!

Piccino in Dogpatch (SF) pouring the Freisa “vivace” btg…

Don’t have a lot of scores on these wines, but everyone’s “favorite”, Mr. Suckling, bestowed 93pts on the 09 La Serra… DAMN!!! there goes the chance to sell any of that??? neener

So much for the moratorium, the overflowing storage, the “Pending” queue which will keep the Le Cache overflowing through at least May… in for Florian’s variety pack. Were it not for the capacity issues, the Sancerre & Piedmont offers were also highly appealing.

Great offer!

Must shred credit cards and tie self to mast before reading Panzer’s inventory lists.

First BD purchase ever!

Love the Monts Damnes vineyard.

In for some damn mountains as well.

I jumped for an Alsatian pack and a Barolo pack!!!

I bit on the Alsace wines- definitely an under-represented region in my cellar.

c’mon, folks - your cellars are chock full of Freisa Supeirore (still) and Vivace (frizzante, serve slightly chilled with salumi!)!??!

oh… and the 2008 Olek Bondonio Barbaresco? It’s the last year that the fruit from Roncagliette (aka “Sori Tilden”) went into the “normale”, now it is only made as a “Cru” from tiny Olek… And in case you are not familiar with Germano, only big neutral oak casks on the Barolo “nomale”… [thankyou.gif]

Thought I was done for the day. Guess not :slight_smile:

And then some. Please send my Alsatian variety pack in labeled quart sized freezer bags instead of the traditional glass bottles, so I can wedge them in.

Alsace, Monts Damnés, Piemonte, OH MY!!!
Tasted several of these already. Great juice, here!

just want to say “THANK YOU” to everyone who purchased so far… for all the Italian love the on main board, today the white wines KICKED-ASS over the Piemonte and Tuscany… Very, very, very interesting as I thought the Piemontese sampler would have whetted many more appetites.

[thankyou.gif] [thankyou.gif] [thankyou.gif]

Once again, THANK YOU ALL for the great purchases!! I look forward to reading tasting notes in the near future.

At this time, I need to stop leaking red ink and shut down the insane WB prices.

grazie mille!!!

ciaooooooo,

g.