Anyone open up some BerserkerDay spoils yet?

Often the most expensive day for a Wine Berserker, whereby the deals from wineries and retailers fill the forum and make your credit cards scream for mercy...
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

Anyone open up some BerserkerDay spoils yet?

#1 Post by Todd F r e n c h » February 4th, 2013, 6:41 pm

Notes??
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

Joe B
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: Anyone open up some BerserkerDay spoils yet?

#2 Post by Joe B » February 4th, 2013, 6:43 pm

They are sitting at the ups customer service center. Pick up tomorrow. Yippee
J W@ll @ce

Brian Curtis

#3 Post by Brian Curtis » February 4th, 2013, 7:19 pm

I posted a note on the Denison Pinot the other day. I liked it a lot and I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of my bottles develop.

bob poirier
GCC Member
GCC Member

#4 Post by bob poirier » February 5th, 2013, 12:32 pm

I just received my Cellars 33 order and will probably pop a Pinot next weekend, letting them settle after their cross country trek.

Mark Y
GCC Member
GCC Member

#5 Post by Mark Y » February 5th, 2013, 12:39 pm

Was gonna get the Kaella shipped, then realized the winery is 4 mins drive from my house..
Swung by to pick up last Sat, tasted through the line up.. LOVE the Meritage.. for 24 bucks on B-Day, it's a bargain.. drinks very easily now.. can easily sip a bottle of this.
The Sangio needs bottle time or serious air.. tight/structured.. maybe some food would help but sipping it is not optimal at the moment.
The Syrah is co-fermented with Voignier.. floral notes.. didn't pay as much attention since i didnt buy the Syrah..
Oh and tried the Sangio Rose.. 2% residual sugar? I think the wife might like this, the hordes of women there did..
Speaking of.. there were groups upon groups of women at the winery/tasting room.. apparently from some livingsocial deal? i felt outta place by myself, in sweat pants..
Y.e.

Bill Lewis

#6 Post by Bill Lewis » February 5th, 2013, 7:09 pm

I am so *&*^%^ bummed! I put it on my calendar, and my inlaws were in town, and I MISSED IT. This day is like a holiday for me. I move (as a non voting, non paying member) to make this a 2x a year event. Please?

J. Singleton
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7 Post by J. Singleton » February 5th, 2013, 7:35 pm

I bought a case of Stefania Haut Tubee, but in full disclosure I had six bottles here already. Opened one up and sweet hey-zeus, what a vibrant wine. I mean not a long finish, and not terribly complex, but damn, what a great drinker. Would love it with some spicy pizza of sorts. On a side note, has anyone else looked at the Stefania site and seen the vine growing in the front yard of their house in a neighborhood? AWESOME. It looks so ridiculous but I'm completely jealous. Paul... well done!
Jeb
Berserker #7
CT: DC202
IG: jeb.singleton

Chris Blum
GCC Member
GCC Member

#8 Post by Chris Blum » February 5th, 2013, 7:48 pm

Have a bottle of Johan pinot sitting on the counter waiting for salmon tomorrow.
"Well, wine only turns into alcohol if you let it sit" -- Lucille Bluth
"The Packers f'n suck" -- Todd French

Chris Blum
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9 Post by Chris Blum » February 5th, 2013, 7:49 pm

J. Singleton wrote:I bought a case of Stefania Haut Tubee, but in full disclosure I had six bottles here already. Opened one up and sweet hey-zeus, what a vibrant wine. I mean not a long finish, and not terribly complex, but damn, what a great drinker. Would love it with some spicy pizza of sorts. On a side note, has anyone else looked at the Stefania site and seen the vine growing in the front yard of their house in a neighborhood? AWESOME. It looks so ridiculous but I'm completely jealous. Paul... well done!
Yup, this is always a great crowd pleaser at our house. I passed this year solely because I have so much wine going undrunk now that I need to start moving my bottle count downward.
"Well, wine only turns into alcohol if you let it sit" -- Lucille Bluth
"The Packers f'n suck" -- Todd French

Michael Meadows

#10 Post by Michael Meadows » February 5th, 2013, 8:12 pm

Got some Alpha Omega To Kalon but I'm guessing it won't see the light of day for a long time. Looking great forward to Nicora in advance of a Paso trip, but I believe that shipping is forthcoming.

Corey N.

#11 Post by Corey N. » February 5th, 2013, 8:33 pm

Andrew offered this wine as part of his Pinot 3-pack.
  • 2011 Briceland Vineyards Pinot Noir Bosco Vineyard - USA, California, North Coast, Humboldt County (2/5/2013)
    Medium purple red. Nose of dark red and purple berries.

The palate reveals dark red berries, primarily cranberry with some Bing cherry and rhubarb. With air some mineral and iron notes become apparent. A gentle caress of toasted oak spice and some earthy funk round out the equation. A nicely balanced wine that has plenty of juicy acid and modest, unobtrusive tannins. Medium+ bodied but it seems to dance lightly on the palate with a silky texture and a gentle lingering finish.

Nicely done. Stylistically, reminds me a bit of a Rivers-Marie but not quite as "big" and no orange rind. It should reward some short - mid term aging. (90 pts.)
Posted from CellarTracker
WOTY: 2013 d’Yquem

Nøv¡¢k

Bill Tex Landreth

#12 Post by Bill Tex Landreth » February 7th, 2013, 8:53 am

Will crush a Schafer-Frolich Spatlese from Panzer this upcoming weekend.
It's not easy being drunk all the time. Everyone would be doing it if it were easy.

Corey N.

#13 Post by Corey N. » February 7th, 2013, 8:58 am

Bill Tex Landreth wrote:Will crush a Schafer-Frolich Spatlese from Panzer this upcoming weekend.
If it has notes of Comice pear I will be over the moon.

Nøv¡¢k

Bill Tex Landreth

#14 Post by Bill Tex Landreth » February 7th, 2013, 9:00 am

Corey N. wrote:
Bill Tex Landreth wrote:Will crush a Schafer-Frolich Spatlese from Panzer this upcoming weekend.
I really am shooting for Korean Pear.

It's not easy being drunk all the time. Everyone would be doing it if it were easy.

Corey N.

#15 Post by Corey N. » February 7th, 2013, 9:09 am

Bill Tex Landreth wrote:
Corey N. wrote:
I really am shooting for Korean Pear.
If you're going the Asian route, you might as well go the full Buddha:

Nøv¡¢k

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#16 Post by Todd F r e n c h » February 7th, 2013, 9:10 am

Corey N. wrote:
If you're going the Asian route, you might as well go the full Buddha:
that's awesome! Use a mold to customize a pear as it grows!!!
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

Monte Mast
GCC Member
GCC Member

#17 Post by Monte Mast » February 8th, 2013, 5:19 am

I opened a 2011 Schäfer-Fröhlich Riesling Medium-Dry. It was the least expensive of the mixed case of riesling I got from Robert Panzer. If it is the least of the bunch, I'm going to be very, very happy.

Very enjoyable wine but not much depth. At $16, it is a solid value. I like the melon and apple flavors but wish there was a touch more acid on the back side for balance. 88

Monte
Monte Mast

"Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn." Benjamin Franklin

CWun
GCC Member
GCC Member

#18 Post by CWun » February 8th, 2013, 9:48 am

I got my Ayres wines from Storyteller (Mike Alberty) Wednesday. I've had Ayres wines before from the 08/09 vintages so will probably crack open the 2011 Willamette valley tonight and store the Lewis rodgers and Pioneer for later dates. Their Perspective pinot is new (to me), so will have to sample one also before cellaring the second bottle.
By the way, Storyteller has very attractive reload pricing for more Ayres wines! I may buy a case of the Willamette valley and Lewis Rodgers.
C@r_y

Return to “BerserkerDay IV (January 27, 2013)”