PLEASE VOTE: Keep BerserkerDay on the 27th...or a weekend day near it

When should BerserkerDay V be held?

• A weekend day near Jan. 27th
  • On Jan 27th, no matter what day

0 voters

Folks,

Now that BerserkerDay is fresh in our minds, and we’ve had our first BerserkerDay on a weekend, it’s time to weigh the pluses and minuses of each, and decide which is your preference. I’m partial to a weekday because it’s fun to see the scrambling and complaining of those who are caught at work, plus they are shielded from their significant other’s watchful eyes when it comes to spending. However, I sit at my computer at home either way, so it’s not fair for me to choose for everybody, so I’m letting YOU decide!

Feel free to sway decisions with discussion in this thread as well, and I’ll make the votes changeable, in case you find yourself swayed by one argument and want to switch.

Weekend: It’s easier for me to be around in case the system falls over.

Weekends are noticeably harder for me, as I’m not the kind to carry a computing device everywhere I go. At work, I can take 2-3 minutes once an hour to give a quick check-in.

I am a traditionalist, so I like to hold to the actual date.

I like the actual date, too so I can remember it!

yup I vote to keep the tradition going so the meaning of the date isn’t lost!

sucks it’s so close to mailer season but that is out of our control :slight_smile:

Weekdays are considerably harder for me, as my employer’s internet filter blocks out most wineries’ websites. Having it on a Sunday was perfect, I thought.

I think the Sunday between the the NFL championship games and the Superbowl is perfect.

Weekend is 100x easier than during the week. But don’t listen to me–I’ve only been here a month!

Actual date for me. I prefer the weekdays, and I think the people offering the deals may prefer that as well as some were busy pouring their wines on the weekend.

I really dig the actual date because it is easier for folks to remember. But I understand the sentiment about the weekends, and I do believe more folks took part yesterday because of that.

Perhaps some aspects of it can be on that day - auctions, some special offers, and others can be extended to a weekend?!?!?

Cheers

How about the Monday nearest to the actual date, so we can take a 3-day weekend?

The actual date would probably be better for me, since I’ll spend a lot less.

I would stay on the actual date , especially since it will eventually be a national holiday.

I’d like to see an option for “A WEEKDAY near Jan. 27th”, I, like Adam, have better access during the week, usually. (This year worked for me, but it doesn’t always work well on the weekend.)

Even if it is harder for me to participate, I think there is more justification in keeping the actual date.

On the 27 is the traditional day??

The actual date because of its significance. It was impossible for me yesterday or any weekend for the most part, but I saw some offers that are extended beyond the 27th. Now I just need to find them to see if I’m interested.

It may be a bit early to determine this, but was the traffic higher yesterday? The BerserkerDay offlines seemed like a fun idea for those that went, and may have provided a venue for folks to share more lots among folks in the group. If that was the case then Sundays would make a lot of sense. It also seems a lot easier to block the lots closer together without worry about east Coast/West Coast bias. And with either set-up, maybe there can be a way where donors can inquire through a PM about when a specific offer is going live. As long as it doesn’t become overly cherry-picking in nature, that can help those that may have issues with one setup or the other stay involved without loosing the thrill of refreshing every 5 minutes to see what new offers have posted.

Just an opinion from the cheap-ass seats…

Keeping to a specific date makes sense, but why not do January 22 - the feast day of Vincent of Saragossa, the patron saint of vintners. [wow.gif]

The 27th as the perpetual date is the best. How else will it be able to end up a National Holiday? [cheers.gif]