Briceland Vineyards - another Humbolt winery in the mix!

Often the most expensive day for a Wine Berserker, whereby the deals from wineries and retailers fill the forum and make your credit cards scream for mercy...
Locked
Message
Author
User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 38553
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA

Briceland Vineyards - another Humbolt winery in the mix!

#1 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 27th, 2013, 12:36 pm

Andrew at Briceland has been a Berserker for quite a while, and there are some fantastic notes on his wines, even as of late. We've featured his winery on the early version of the 'Featured Wineries' program, and he's got some great sampler packs for the Wine Berserkers. Some are VERY limited quantities, and remember there is about 500 people looking at these threads at once, so if you want something, don't hesitate to buy it!

Briceland Vineyards

Fellow Berserkers:
I invite you to taste our wines. As you drink them, please share your thoughts.

Offer #1 - Red 3 Pack:
10 Lake Syrah
11 Mendocino Zin
11 Phelps Vineyard Humboldt Pinot Noir
Retail: $70.50 BDay Special: $53 includes shipper, buyer pays actual FedEx or GSO discounted rate

Offer #2 - Humboldt Pinot 3 Pack: (limited to the first 5 buyers- 10 Humboldt is gone)
10 Humboldt Pinot Noir
11 Bosco Vineyard Humboldt Pinot Noir
11 Phelps Vineyard Humboldt Pinot Noir
Retail: $77 BDay Special: $58 includes shipper, buyer pays actual FedEx or GSO discounted rate

Offer #3 - White/Rosé/Sparkling 3 Pack:
11 Humboldt Chardonnay
NV Humboldt Brut Sparkling
11 Rosé of Pinot
Retail: $72 BDay Special: $54 includes shipper, buyer pays actual FedEx or GSO discounted rate

Offer #4 - 2012 Whites - Ships in April/May
12 Humboldt Chardonnay
12 Humboldt Sauvignon Blanc
12 Mendocino Arneis
Retail: $46 BDay Special: $35 includes shipper, buyer pays actual FedEx or GSO discounted rate

Combine two 3PKS shipped at the same time and save $5 more.
To place your order: email to - Andrew@bricelandvineyards.com
Please include your selection, shipping address, billing address if different and PHONE NUMBER. I will call to take your CC over the phone. Or, send the requested details and call: (707) 923-2429
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

User avatar
Corey N.
Posts: 26579
Joined: November 18th, 2010, 8:36 pm
Location: Certainly NOT Orlando

Re: Briceland Vineyards - another Humbolt winery in the mix!

#2 Post by Corey N. » January 27th, 2013, 12:50 pm

I'm a big fan of Andrew's wines and recently purchased a mixed case.

For those of you that haven't tried, Briceland sources most of their grapes from in and around Humboldt County and the wines, very generally, tend to be a bit higher in acidity/lower alcohol and very well balanced. I really like the Pinots (have an 2011 Bosco lined up for tonight) but everything has been tasty. My recent notes on the 2011 Zinfandel and 2010 Syrah are here:
http://wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtop ... 8#p1069750
WOTY: 2013 d’Yquem

Nøv¡¢k

User avatar
Eric I r m s c h e r
Posts: 180
Joined: December 3rd, 2010, 11:28 am
Location: 3rd Coast

Re: Briceland Vineyards - another Humbolt winery in the mix!

#3 Post by Eric I r m s c h e r » January 27th, 2013, 1:14 pm

Sent email hours ago...guess I'll call

User avatar
Andrew Morris
Posts: 1323
Joined: July 26th, 2010, 11:31 pm
Location: Southern Humboldt, CA

Re: Briceland Vineyards - another Humbolt winery in the mix!

#4 Post by Andrew Morris » January 27th, 2013, 1:26 pm

Hi Todd,

Thanks for including us in the event, for all of your work on it and for your ongoing support of Briceland.

I have been encouraged by a fan to mention our production levels of a few on the wines to give people an idea of our size. The 11 Bosco Pinot was 2.5 bbls, so 63 cases. The wine is actually sold out, but I held back a few bottles to have some for some of you that might be curious about what kind of PN can come out of Southern Humboldt. The 11 Phelps Vineyard PN and the 10 Syrah are both 150 cases.

Thanks to Corey for his kind words and for posting notes.

These events are great fun! I look forward to your comments, questions, feedback and tasting notes.

Eric: Thanks for your order. I am here. I will call once I have your total set.

Todd F r e n c h wrote:Andrew at Briceland has been a Berserker for quite a while, and there are some fantastic notes on his wines, even as of late. We've featured his winery on the early version of the 'Featured Wineries' program, and he's got some great sampler packs for the Wine Berserkers. Some are VERY limited quantities, and remember there is about 500 people looking at these threads at once, so if you want something, don't hesitate to buy it!

Briceland Vineyards

Fellow Berserkers:
I invite you to taste our wines. As you drink them, please share your thoughts.

Offer #1 - Red 3 Pack:
10 Lake Syrah
11 Mendocino Zin
11 Phelps Vineyard Humboldt Pinot Noir
Retail: $70.50 BDay Special: $53 includes shipper, buyer pays actual FedEx or GSO discounted rate

Offer #2 - Humboldt Pinot 3 Pack: (limited to the first 5 buyers- 10 Humboldt is gone)
10 Humboldt Pinot Noir
11 Bosco Vineyard Humboldt Pinot Noir
11 Phelps Vineyard Humboldt Pinot Noir
Retail: $77 BDay Special: $58 includes shipper, buyer pays actual FedEx or GSO discounted rate

Offer #3 - White/Rosé/Sparkling 3 Pack:
11 Humboldt Chardonnay
NV Humboldt Brut Sparkling
11 Rosé of Pinot
Retail: $72 BDay Special: $54 includes shipper, buyer pays actual FedEx or GSO discounted rate

Offer #4 - 2012 Whites - Ships in April/May
12 Humboldt Chardonnay
12 Humboldt Sauvignon Blanc
12 Mendocino Arneis
Retail: $46 BDay Special: $35 includes shipper, buyer pays actual FedEx or GSO discounted rate

Combine two 3PKS shipped at the same time and save $5 more.
To place your order: email to - Andrew@bricelandvineyards.com
Please include your selection, shipping address, billing address if different and PHONE NUMBER. I will call to take your CC over the phone. Or, send the requested details and call: (707) 923-2429
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Andrew Morris

User avatar
Eric I r m s c h e r
Posts: 180
Joined: December 3rd, 2010, 11:28 am
Location: 3rd Coast

Re: Briceland Vineyards - another Humbolt winery in the mix!

#5 Post by Eric I r m s c h e r » January 27th, 2013, 1:34 pm

Andrew,

Thanks, looking forward to tasting.

BTW - I had a great conversation with Andrew when we finalized my order. I hope some others here took a look.
Last edited by Eric I r m s c h e r on January 27th, 2013, 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Andrew Morris
Posts: 1323
Joined: July 26th, 2010, 11:31 pm
Location: Southern Humboldt, CA

Re: Briceland Vineyards - another Humbolt winery in the mix!

#6 Post by Andrew Morris » January 27th, 2013, 5:47 pm

Hi Gang,

There are still 2 of these left:

Offer #2 - Humboldt Pinot 3 Pack: (limited to the first 5 buyers- 10 Humboldt is gone)
10 Humboldt Pinot Noir
11 Bosco Vineyard Humboldt Pinot Noir
11 Phelps Vineyard Humboldt Pinot Noir
Retail: $77 BDay Special: $58 includes shipper, buyer pays actual FedEx or GSO discounted rate

Anyone still want to taste some Pinot Noir grown in Southern Humboldt?

BTW, the 10 & the Bosco were written up by Rusty Gaffney of Prince of Pinot. He lists Bosco as 10, but what he tasted is actually the 11.

I know many here don't give to much credit to reviewers, but for what it is worth, here are his notes:

http://www.princeofpinot.com/tastingnote/5497/
http://www.princeofpinot.com/tastingnote/5496/

In case there are some lurkers who have not yet heard of us, there are some threads, but in Wines Off the Beaten Path, the Prince (Rusty Gaffney) says:

"Briceland Vineyards. I recently wrote a feature on Briceland Vineyards and its winemaker Joe Collins (http://www.princeofpinot.com/article/1012/). He is crafting about 1500 cases annually of superlative wines at reasonable prices from an area in California that is largely ignored by the wine cognoscenti. More than half of the dozens of wines Briceland has entered in prestigious wine competitions have won significant awards. Joe has over 35 years of winemaking and winegrowing experience. In 1990 and 1991, he was the individual Grand Champion at the California Wine Tasting Championships. Heard enough? The wines are ridiculously inexpensive considering the quality. The winery’s website presence at http://www.bricelandvineyards.com is minimal so to obtain the wines, get on the phone (707-923-2429) or e-mail assistant winemaker Andrew Morris at andrew@bricelandvineyards.com. You should try these wines. It is time we celebrate the honest, special wines from small wineries that never receive the press that the hi-profile producers garner."
Andrew Morris

User avatar
Corey N.
Posts: 26579
Joined: November 18th, 2010, 8:36 pm
Location: Certainly NOT Orlando

Re: Briceland Vineyards - another Humbolt winery in the mix!

#7 Post by Corey N. » January 27th, 2013, 6:09 pm

Hey Andrew --

Re: Rusty's write-up, aren't you the lead winemaker now with Joe consulting?
WOTY: 2013 d’Yquem

Nøv¡¢k

User avatar
Andrew Morris
Posts: 1323
Joined: July 26th, 2010, 11:31 pm
Location: Southern Humboldt, CA

Re: Briceland Vineyards - another Humbolt winery in the mix!

#8 Post by Andrew Morris » January 27th, 2013, 7:27 pm

Corey N. wrote:Hey Andrew --

Re: Rusty's write-up, aren't you the lead winemaker now with Joe consulting?
Yes, but promise me you won't tell anyone. [oops.gif]

The truth is, if it is good, it is because of Joe...
Andrew Morris

User avatar
Michael Davidson
Posts: 1116
Joined: December 10th, 2010, 8:48 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Briceland Vineyards - another Humbolt winery in the mix!

#9 Post by Michael Davidson » January 28th, 2013, 8:34 pm

I was late to the game, but I grabbed a pinot pack (and a few other wines.) Talked to Andrew today, and there's still one pinot pack available!

Folks, these are really fascinating wines. OR pinot lovers who have sworn off CA pinot would be wise to check these out. The QPR is amazing.

Search the board for previous threads on this winery, but I'm amazed these haven't been snapped up.

Michael

Brian Curtis
Posts: 478
Joined: May 14th, 2012, 7:34 pm
Location: Silverdale, WA

Re: Briceland Vineyards - another Humbolt winery in the mix!

#10 Post by Brian Curtis » January 28th, 2013, 9:02 pm

I just emailed Andrew about the last Pinot pack. I had assumed the Pinot packs would be long gone.

User avatar
Andrew Morris
Posts: 1323
Joined: July 26th, 2010, 11:31 pm
Location: Southern Humboldt, CA

Re: Briceland Vineyards - another Humbolt winery in the mix!

#11 Post by Andrew Morris » January 28th, 2013, 9:52 pm

Michael Davidson wrote:I was late to the game, but I grabbed a pinot pack (and a few other wines.) Talked to Andrew today, and there's still one pinot pack available!

Folks, these are really fascinating wines. OR pinot lovers who have sworn off CA pinot would be wise to check these out. The QPR is amazing.

Search the board for previous threads on this winery, but I'm amazed these haven't been snapped up.

Michael
Thanks for your post, Michael.

Brian has grabbed the last Pinot Pack, but I am happy to keep the rest of the offer open through Wednesday night, in case anyone else can scrape together a few quarters after the dust settles.

I am happy to share a few wines with you all.
Andrew Morris

User avatar
Andrew Morris
Posts: 1323
Joined: July 26th, 2010, 11:31 pm
Location: Southern Humboldt, CA

OFFER EXTENDED - Briceland Vineyards - Open Until 12M on Wed. - another Humbolt winery in the mix!

#12 Post by Andrew Morris » January 29th, 2013, 5:46 pm

In case there are any of you that are crazy enough to order more wine now, or people that missed the event, our offer is still open.

Pinot Packs are gone, but the others are still good.

See the top post for details.

Questions:

Andrew@bricelandvineyards.com
Andrew Morris

Locked

Return to “BerserkerDay IV (January 27, 2013)”