Live Music at wine events

I have a friend who is in the music industry. Her latest album is currently at #8 on the Zone Music Reporter World Music Chart,and is entered for Best New Age Album for the 56th GRAMMY’s.

She is interested in playing events at wineries and asked me to check and see if thats something that is even done.

Here is a link to her webpage and music, and I would appreciate any insight anyone ITB may have on how, or if this is done?

(click the listen link to hear samples of the album)

The short answer is that yes, some wineries will have events that feature live music/concerts. Much depends on what licensing is available for public events. From what I’ve seen, though, the wineries that do this typically have some sort of concert series where they will do 3-6 live music events when the weather is good. I’m not aware of any organized winery festival circuit; I think each winery sets up it own event series.

Bruce

In the past, we have found that music at our event, “Pinot on the River” http://www.pinotfestival.com/, distracts from the wineries efforts to engage the attendees, so we don’t offer any.
In addition even though our event is on Sunday, we try to minimize the “party” atmosphere so as not to encourage the guests to over imbibe.

We are inundated almost daily with musicians who offer their services, so it appears to be a crowded market.