effect of soil type/origin on finished wine

Dear fellow cork dorks

I am very much aware of the flaws of looking at direct correlation between one of the components of terroir (in this case soil type and origin) and finished wine (its more complicated than that), but for the sake of conversation and sort of a wine 101 guide to newbies are any of you aware of a study/research that has established some of this?

I vaguely recall mr pedro parra of chile, has some proof/valid research on this but internet and google and failing me so far to track it.

e.g its been my experience so far that heavier soils silt, gravel tend to give wines of harder tannins and structure

heavy clay based soils tend to give a certain roundness and soft texture to otherwise big tannins

very sandy soils tend to give more soft structure and lower tannins

i am not sure if any of this is valid or not, these are merely my on the surface observations.

curious to learn more about your take and if you know of any research on this. not just soil type (size of granular) but the ph of soil and its origins.

limestone tends to give wines a certain tension. a tactile sense that is unique on the palateā€¦