Metal Vineyard Line Posts ??

Could use some unbiased experience input. We are putting in a new vineyard in 10 days and we have the option of metal line post type. Our area can have high wind so we are settling on 12 gauge and the spouse likes galvanized over rusty metal. Since we are purchasing over 1330 posts the cost differences are significant between manufacturers. Two we are considering are:

Mannwerks - Z slot design with wire holding slots every 4 inches and oval design …weblink with pic down page… http://www.spectrellising.com/stakes/

Common Manufacturer - Horizontal T slot design with wire holding slots every 6 inches and overall U design rolled edge … weblink … Metal Posts - Rolled Edge and Notched — OrchardValleySupply.com

The questions are there any practical advantages of one over the other or does it not matter much. …Thank you, Gary

If the spouses choice is cheaper its win win! [rofl.gif]

I prefer the ones with the Z slot that take a little bit of a twist of the wire to get it in and out. I’ve got some of the straight in and out kind, and it can be a drag having the wire you just moved up to a new slot bounce out after you’ve gone down the line to the next post. I end up doing a lot of backtracking to reposition wires that pop out accidently.

The spouse’s choice is rarely the cheaper option! The only exception to the rule is her car which she chooses to keep until the wheels fall off.

Thanks Stewart. That was my feeling based on local folks using the Z slotted posts. Around here I think I’ve been told the straight slots pop out in high winds as well…Cheers, Gary