Deutz-Fahr Vineyard Tractor Opinions

At the moment I’m considering a Deutz-Fahr Agroplus tractor in the mid-narrow S vineyard model for next year. Does anyone have experience with these tractors? Are you pleased with the functionality, reliability, and dealer support? Thank you for any input…Gary

Gary,

I drove one for a few days during harvest this year -it was a loaner while our tractor (Case) was being repaired (2nd time) for a hydraulic-pump leak. It (the Deutz) was fine for pulling a harvest-crate trailer. It lacks a little power, but the cabin controls are simple (I didn’t like where all of the hydraulic lines were placed though). Have you checked out Fendt? It is absolutely the finest tractor produced in Germany and is bullet-proof. Price out one that is a few years old if you can find it -they’ll last for decades. The caveat is that I don’t like the newer ‘Vario’ models because of the joy-stick drive function, though many do. But in general: Power to spare, smart controls of both hydraulic and PTO, comfortable, compatible with virtually all brands of vineyard equipment, and built like a tank.

Cheers,
Bill

Thanks Bill. Was it the new specified Deutz-Fahr series(small rectangular headlights w/ 300s and 400s numbering) or the older series(round headlights w/ 70-100 numbering)? The Fendt vineyard models are not imported to the US but they are into Canada. Not many available on the used market but a few months back a newer one did come up in British Columbia. I do have a Fendt dealer in Pennsylvania that can get parts easily for me if I can find a used Fendt so my eyes are looking for one. My closest dealer for Fendt vineyard tractors is in Ontario. More than likely I will pay them a visit in the next couple of months. If you recall let me know which Deutz-Fahr you were loaned…Thank you & Happy Holidays , Gary

Gary, I believe it was the Agroplus S model. It was brand-new: 2011 or 2012.

Cheers,
Bill